Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I watched "The Big Lebowski" and I didn't like it

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Seriously why do people say this movie is great? I laughed maybe 3 times, the rest it seemed boring and the only character I liked was the annoying Vietnam veteran, the rest were pretty forgetable. It's supposed to be a "smart" comedy yet some of the jokes are fucking stupid and retarded. Maybe this movie isn't for me and that's why I didn't like it. You have to be American to understand all the references to American society and way of life? You have to be a stoner or a NEET to identify with the main character? You have to have lived the 90s and in the West Coast to understand the context? I also read somewhere that this movie is a parody of noir film from 1940s and 1950s and I haven't watched any of those so maybe that's why I didn't get it either.

It's normie shit. People who love The Office and Big Bang Theory will love Big Lebowski. And they think Napoleon Dynamite is the funniest shit ever made.

Movie name sounds like mafia movie ngl
Speaking of overrated movies, 'grave of the butterflies' is utter garbage.
It's only high rated because of the resented japanese.

Last edited:
Still way better than Mulholland drive damn the worst movie I ever saw.

I was watching it then some feminist foid or something showed up and I stopped watching.

Yeah that movie sucks.

I didn't "get it" either. I don't remember that much because i watched it 7 years ago but my impression of it wasn't good.

movies are for normies

It's normie shit.
It was a hollywood bad attempt to portray Chales Bukowski.
Now that dude was based. Read his novels and how he beats up foids and pisses on the goverment.
A guy who truly truly gave up on life. I love him. My fav writer in the world. Just a quote from his poems:
'Death is nothing brother, it's life thats hard'

Seriously why do people say this movie is great? I laughed maybe 3 times, the rest it seemed boring and the only character I liked was the annoying Vietnam veteran, the rest were pretty forgetable. It's supposed to be a "smart" comedy yet some of the jokes are fucking stupid and retarded. Maybe this movie isn't for me and that's why I didn't like it. You have to be American to understand all the references to American society and way of life? You have to be a stoner or a NEET to identify with the main character? You have to have lived the 90s and in the West Coast to understand the context? I also read somewhere that this movie is a parody of noir film from 1940s and 1950s and I haven't watched any of those so maybe that's why I didn't get it either.
It's pretty comfy. It doesn't really have a plot and isn't that exciting.

Me neither, seems like the kind of shit reddit would like

julianne moore's character is irritating AF.
i don't find jewish comedy to be funny in general or any comedy tbh.

I like it
7 or 8/10

that's just like, uh, your opinion, man

It's normie shit. People who love The Office and Big Bang Theory will love Big Lebowski. And they think Napoleon Dynamite is the funniest shit ever made.
Fpbp

Oy vey! Too many jews!
Gevalt!

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back