Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I wish I could live life with no video

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I just realized that I've spent most of my life consuming some kind of video at all times. Youtube, TV, movies, sitcoms etc... Most hours of every day of my life.

And yet even just less than a hundred years ago, people would go their whole lives without watching any video.

It's like a spell, hypnosis, brainwashing. I can't stop, I get withdrawals when trying to, I get antsy and bored and frustrated and anxious. And yet it's all just irrelevant crap that I forget in 5 minutes. Most hours every day gone, experiencing nothing, consuming nothingness, brainwashing.

Even just playing video games instead of watching video would be a better way of living life. At least you're doing something, you're not just completely turning your brain off and consuming crap you'll barely recall. So many years wasting away, not experiencing anything, not doing anything, like being in a literal coma. If instead I had at least played games I would've done something, I would've experiencing something, even if meaningless and pointless. But I'm so hooked on video and how easy it is to just vegetate and do nothing, that even video games aren't interesting and boring.

Last edited:
Im not addicted to watching stuff but im definitely addicted to music.

Same. I can go for hours watching whatever pops up in my YouTube recommended.

I feel you, I'm more attached to video games.

I feel you, I'm more attached to video games.
What do you play? What are your favorite games other than fallout? Would really help me to know.

I play kinda whatever, only refuse puzzle based games, point and click and roleplaying DnD/pathfinder.
This month I tried some different shit like horror, but my thing is more converged to open world RPGs (like elder scrolls series, gothic, etc) and the isometric ones too (like classic fallout, underrail, baldurs gate, Divinity OS).

What do you play? What are your favorite games other than fallout? Would really help me to know.

and like you said, this kind of distraction take a lot of your time :feelsrope:

Last edited:
Yep, living vicariously

I only watch video because im lonely. I like to hear sound of other voices to make it seem like I have friends.