Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I wish I could shut my thoughts and my internal voice up

• Thread starter Saigon Depression
  • Start date
Saigon Depression

Saigon Depression

insane
★★★★★
They constantly remind me of past embarrasments, current failures and what problems the future will bring.
The nofap streak is also much harder with these negative thoughts.
There has to be a legal, cheap, accessible drug to achieve this.

yeah i wish i could toggle it on or off.
tip: you can shut it up for a while by stopping your nose breathing for a moment,.......... focusing on some noise that's happening,................... then resuming your breathing.
but you need to concentrate a bit to keep your brain's voice muted.

Last edited:
I think you kind of need it to not end up dead in a gutter though. Part of your brain is dedicated to kicking your ass, that's your motivation/survival mechanism.

Might be useful, thanks.

They constantly remind me of past embarrasments, current failures and what problems the future will bring.
Totally relatable. The internal voice has been tormenting my everyday life for most of my teenage and adult life. I've heard meditation could be a way to ease that, never seriously tried it. I guess it's not that simple and you have to really master it.

Its your only friend. Maybe....

Yeah, I hate that voice, I tell it to shut the fuck up, and it doesn't. And then I get pissed off.

I don't really have an internal voice but strong and agonizing negative thoughts, i have to like the pain somehow atleast

I don't really have an internal voice but strong and agonizing negative thoughts, i have to like the pain somehow atleast
I think we talk about the same thing, with different names.

The nofap streak is also much harder with these negative thoughts.
There has to be a legal, cheap, accessible drug to achieve this.
Unironically this is something that gets better with age. Because you can't overthink as much without getting exhausted.