Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR I wish I could sleep forever

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
I love when I can just relax and turn myself off for a few hours, it's so nice. The time as I'm laying down, just before I fall asleep is my favorite part of life. I'll always spend that time communicating with my waifu, that way if I stop existing, my last moments will be with her. I remember watching a video about how much time we really have to ourselves, and it mentioned that we spend something like 33% of our lives sleeping, as if that's a bad thing.

Tbh I really wonder why I have to wake up. Where is the selection pressure for unconsciousness to become consciousness? It doesn't fully make sense to me, but maybe this thinking is wrong. It could be that there is no actual state change between the two because, by definition, you don't experience unconsciousness, you don't exist at that point. I suppose if there are periods of unconsciousness outside of sleep they would be unknown to me, only detectable by their absence. This makes me wonder how uninterrupted my periods of consciousness actually are, as I completely zone out in escapism a lot. I don't remember most of this time, just a vague feeling of contentment. Do I only exist when being emulated? If so, I wish my body could just remain on autopilot indefinitely.

Sometimes as I wake up, I'll hear my tulpa talking to me. I don't mean through thoughts sort of telepathically like usual, I mean I can literally hear her speaking to me. This never happens for me at any other point throughout the day, as much as I try I can't initiate this intentionally. Although I wish we could replicate this more.

Yes, sleeping serves a purpose which is opposed to 90% of the other things we who post here do i imagine.
Therefore sleeping is our optimum state

Yes, sleeping serves a purpose which is opposed to 90% of the other things we who post here do i imagine.
Tbh, it's better for people like us to sleep.

damn that would be so peaceful

Tumblr o4ly336EBr1rwfctbo1 400

JUST HANG UR SELF THEORY

There is ONE way u can sleep forever.
I just don't know if ur gonna like it......

Literally one of the oldest copes that works pretty well. If you have noticed, as guys get older and their life gets more stressful the only thing that truly brings them peace is sleep
@mylifeistrash have you found this to be true?

I don’t even dream anymore but sleep still feels like heaven.
Do you smoke weed? It steals your dreams. They'll come back ten fold if you give it up.

Don't worry, the long rest you're longing for will come one day.

Literally one of the oldest copes that works pretty well. If you have noticed, as guys get older and their life gets more stressful the only thing that truly brings them peace is sleep
@mylifeistrash have you found this to be true?

I found it gets harder to sleep as you get older as well. Science confirms.

I found it gets harder to sleep as you get older as well. Science confirms.

Damn I thought it was the opposite. From what I've read and seen most older people fall asleep real quickly and can't stay up at night as long as younger people.

I'm not a very big fan of sleeping anymore. Mainly because i often have extremely vivid dreams. It just feels like i did spend an entire day inside of a different reality. And i very seldom feel rested after waking up. Sometimes i even have troubles to distiguish between my dreams and reality, shortly after waking up. It's possible that those dreams are caused by my medication, since expiriencing vivid dreams is actually noted to be a possible site effect.

I'm not a very big fan of sleeping anymore. Mainly because i often have extremely vivid dreams. It just feels like i did spend an entire day inside of a different reality. And i very seldom feel rested after waking up. Sometimes i even have troubles to distiguish between my dreams and reality, shortly after waking up. It's possible that those dreams are caused by my medication, since expiriencing vivid dreams is actually noted to be a possible site effect.
Wish I could get vivid dreams like that tbh. I don't really dream anything, just nothingness.

I rarely even remember my dreams now, and if I do they're extremely vague, which is almost certainly because I drink far too much caffeine. Usually if I avoid it for a couple days I remember my dreams again. Of course remembering dreams is good and bad. If it's a nice dream, then that's a good cope and I like those experiences, but bad dreams are shit.

Sounds like it could be due to medication though, I remember the stuff I was on as a teenager gave me many weird side effects.

Wish I could get vivid dreams like that tbh. I don't really dream anything, just nothingness.
I wouldn't mind them either, if they were at least somewhat pleasant. But most of the time they're either very random, or straight up nightmares.
I rarely even remember my dreams now, and if I do they're extremely vague, which is almost certainly because I drink far too much caffeine. Usually if I avoid it for a couple days I remember my dreams again. Of course remembering dreams is good and bad. If it's a nice dream, then that's a good cope and I like those experiences, but bad dreams are shit.

Sounds like it could be due to medication though, I remember the stuff I was on as a teenager gave me many weird side effects.
Yeah well, like i already told animecel, they unfortunately aren't very good most of the time. Maybe i should consider caffeinemaxxing aswell, in order to get ride of them.

I wouldn't mind them either, if they were at least somewhat pleasant. But most of the time they're either very random, or straight up nightmares.
This may or may not work, but if you think about things which you enjoy or calm you shortly before you go to sleep, it might make your dreams better.

When I used to remember my dreams more, I'd get nightmares often too, but for whatever reason I don't think I've had a nightmare for a year or two.

no i can't even fucking sleep
so much garbage and shit around me
the pain always wake me up
i am not allowed to get a proper sleep
there is no rest for me

mensa CEO IQ

This may or may not work, but if you think about things which you enjoy or calm you shortly before you go to sleep, it might make your dreams better.

When I used to remember my dreams more, I'd get nightmares often too, but for whatever reason I don't think I've had a nightmare for a year or two.
Thinking about more positive things would indeed most likely help with it. But unfortunately i've the tendency to do the exact opposite.

I just close my eyes then open them again and 6 hours have already passed by. It’s almost like a time machine