Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR I wish I could stand solitude

• Thread starter Deleted member 20659
  • Start date
Deleted member 20659

Deleted member 20659

Banned
-
I cant handle being in my room and think to myself, experiencing myself in solitude, writing down thoughts, etc. I wish I could tbh. I'm always distracting myself with content from outside or coping, like lurking in this forum, listening to music.. When I try to look within i find nothing of interest, its empty, . With some effort I can evoke blurred and fragmented memories, but its pointless, also thinking has no direction, its just a bunch of disconnected words, noise

Read a book
I try, but I always start over again and again when I feel im not absorbing the contents or cant figure out the significance of the contents to my life. Also low attention span.
And reading a book is cheating IMO when you lack the proper foundations adequate to proccessing a book, for example if it talks about things you never even conceived or have positions on then its simply overriding your mind with someones else discourse. Not to mention books get extremely detailed to the point its impossible to remember the stuff, then whats the point of reading in the 1st place?

Sometimes I get like that too, but to make it bearable I made myself enjoy it. I'd listen to music, play games, watch movies, or daydream

You could try practicing visualization, with enough effort you'll become content doing little more than sitting in a room, it's great for when you're trying pass time quickly.

That sucks. If I were you I'd try to cope by focusing on the benefits of being alone - you won't be annoyed by other people, you don't have to make forced conversations, you know yourself better than anyone so that should give you a sense of peace of mind.

I'm naturally introverted and reclusive so I enjoy solitude - I'm just trying to think of the reasons I enjoy it to help you possibly think along similar lines.

No matter how much you push it back, humans were made to be social. Maybe you can cope for a while, but once that mental breakdown hits its gonna be extreme.

Sadly you're just a mere man, enslaved to his nature.
Didn't read tbh