Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious if you quit minox you will lose your gains even taking fin?

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
question to the fellow baldcels, I couldn't find any information about this online, everyone says that if you quit minox you'll lose your gains. But is the new hair really dependent on minox or it's just that most guys are balding anyways so once they quit their body just naturally continues the process of hair loss?

I was wondering if I took minoxidil to regrow my hairline while taking finasteride I would be able to quit eventually without losing it.

You can't regain anything, that's a lie. You might be able to slow the reaper down a little if you're blessed, but that's a big maybe.

Minox is a hair growth stimulant, not a DHT inhibitor/anti androgen. It works in a non hormonal way. Everything that you've gained from minoxidil has nothing to do with fin and other hormonal treatments.

You can stack minox with other things and get a better result. But you'll lose that extra boost when you get off.

Short term minox beats fin, long term fin works better tho. If you stop minox completely right as you're starting fin you're going to lose quite a bit of hair. If you wait 6 months or a year for fin to get working you will probably lose much less hair

You can't regain anything, that's a lie. You might be able to slow the reaper down a little if you're blessed, but that's a big maybe.

Minox is a hair growth stimulant, not a DHT inhibitor/anti androgen. It works in a non hormonal way. Everything that you've gained from minoxidil has nothing to do with fin and other hormonal treatments.

You can stack minox with other things and get a better result. But you'll lose that extra boost when you get off
ye I got this but my question is when guys who get off minox end up losing their gains it's due to minox nature per se or just because they already got MPB and thus making DHT destroy their newly regrown hair and to fall off.

Because I was wondering if that's the case one should be able to keep minox gains by taking an anti androgen throughout the process and even after quitting minox

Last edited:
ye I got this but my question is when guys who get off minox end up losing their gains it's due to minox nature per se or just because they already got MPB and thus making DHT destroy their newly regrown hair to fall off.

Because I was wondering if that's the case one should be able to keep minox gains by taking an anti androgen throughout the process and even after quitting minox
Yeah sorry i edited and added more later, check my previous post again.

iirc minox beats all dht inhibitors and anti androgen in the short term when they do hair counts on a given area. So if you quit minox cold turkey and start fin at the same time I'm pretty damn sure you'll lose hair overall

I also remember guys saying that they couldn't get off minox because even with fin AND other treatments like ru58841, alfatradiol etc they still lost hair :feelsrope:

If you really want to stop minox i'd say wait some time for fin to start working and getting you some regrowth

I just accepted it. You can't change anything.

Yeah sorry i edited and added more later, check my previous post again.

iirc minox beats all dht inhibitors and anti androgen in the short term when they do hair counts on a given area. So if you quit minox cold turkey and start fin at the same time I'm pretty damn sure you'll lose hair overall

I also remember guys saying that they couldn't get off minox because even with fin AND other treatments like ru58841, alfatradiol etc they still lost hair :feelsrope:

If you really want to stop minox i'd say wait some time for fin to start working and getting you some regrowth
thanks bro

that's what I imagined. My idea was to start taking both fin and minox all together just to see if I can regrow what I have lost by now so theorically if I stay enough time supressing DHT it may not fall when quitting cuz seriously taking minox twice a day seems like a pain the ass, I'd rather only stick with fin.

thanks bro

that's what I imagined. My idea was to start taking both fin and minox all together just to see if I can regrow what I have lost by now so theorically if I stay enough time supressing DHT it may not fall when quitting cuz seriously taking minox twice a day seems like a pain the ass, I'd rather only stick with fin.
You can just take it once a day. The twice per day recommendation comes from the oral medicine, they kept the same guidelines.

Check 14:05 for the twice per day thing

Also the same guy has tried everything under the fucking sun and said that nothing could stop him from losing hair when he got off minoxidil sadly. So he's still on it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgb5sf9cAIY

You can just take it once a day. The twice per day recommendation comes from the oral medicine, they kept the same guidelines.

Check 14:05 for the twice per day thing

Also the same guy has tried everything under the fucking sun and said that nothing could stop him from losing hair when he got off minoxidil sadly. So he's still on it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgb5sf9cAIY

I was just about to open this vid jfl

well that sucks, everyone seems to agree that is the kind of medication that once you're in you just can't stop, so I can't help but feel a little bit afraid of taking it. btw are you on minox as well right? did you experience any of the 'excessive body hair growing in unwanted places' side effect?

I was just about to open this vid jfl

well that sucks, everyone seems to agree that is the kind of medication that once you're in you just can't stop, so I can't help but feel a little bit afraid of taking it. btw are you on minox as well right? did you experience any of the 'excessive body hair growing in unwanted places' side effect?
Yes and my hands got hairy. Nothing too awful.
I developed chest hair when I had NONE before so I'm 100% sure that's caused by minoxidil.

Yes and my hands got hairy. Nothing too awful.
I developed chest hair when I had NONE before so I'm 100% sure that's caused by minoxidil.
I see, that's worrying since I am already pretty hairy

how old were you when you started taking it?

I see, that's worrying since I am already pretty hairy

how old were you when you started taking it?
Almost mid 20s.

I take Dut and Minox, I wouldn't stop tbh.

This basically. The "regains" will be at best the odd isolated hair growing in the part where the norwooding already destroyed your hair. Don't count with your NW level going back to 0.

This basically. The "regains" will be at best the odd isolated hair growing in the part where the norwooding already destroyed your hair. Don't count with your NW level going back to 0.
:feelscry:

@Subhuman Currycel You're around on the looksmaxxxing sites, what do you think?

Keep in mind that treating baldness is nothing more than maintaining the norwood reaper at bay, you'll never get rid of him, you'll only postpone his reaping for an indefinite amount of time (potentially, your whole life, since there are many therapies and medicines you can use). If you stop treating MPB, it will come back at full speed, I once stopped using minoxidil for 3 months and lost a sizeable amount of hair, and it took me about 9 months to get it all back.

If you want to fight MPB, get into the big three (Mnoxidil 5%, Finasteride 1MG, and Ketoconazole shampoo) and start saving for some hair transplants to get your hairline back to NW1 if it receeded already (heard you can get them cheaply and with really great quality in turkey).

@Subhuman Currycel You're around on the looksmaxxxing sites, what do you think?
Yes you will because minox essentially gives you a systemic bonus from vasodilation it doesn’t block androgens when you come off you’ll lose it

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Yes you will because minox essentially gives you a systemic bonus from vasodilation it doesn’t block androgens when you come off you’ll lose it
@Tenshi The man has spoken.

Keep in mind that treating baldness is nothing more than maintaining the norwood reaper at bay, you'll never get rid of him, you'll only postpone his reaping for an indefinite amount of time (potentially, your whole life, since there are many therapies and medicines you can use). If you stop treating MPB, it will come back at full speed, I once stopped using minoxidil for 3 months and lost a sizeable amount of hair, and it took me about 9 months to get it all back.

If you want to fight MPB, get into the big three (Mnoxidil 5%, Finasteride 1MG, and Ketoconazole shampoo) and start saving for some hair transplants to get your hairline back to NW1 if it receeded already (heard you can get them cheaply and with really great quality in turkey).
Fair enough, if I can keep what I have now i'm fine but would be nice to regrow a little bit of what I lost. Not that I have receeded much I'd be like a NW 1,5 atm maybe.

when you stopped using minoxidil you were on finasteride already?

@Tenshi The man has spoken.
even if I'm already blocking androgens by taking fin? Like for an instance if I take finasteride for 3 or 6 months prior to quitting minox?

when you stopped using minoxidil you were on finasteride already?
Yup, i was on finasteride. If you wanna have a better shot at regrowing some hair, do some research at dermarolling for hair loss. Other than that, it's better to accept that you'll use minoxidil untill your 60s if you want to keep your hair.