Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

If you want to stop low effort posts, you need to rectify systemic change

DepressionTookMyIQ

DepressionTookMyIQ

The harbinger of Truth
★★
A proposal for the change in postmaxxing pursuits

The purpose of the ranks system on the forum is so people engage more in each and every thread, hence two or more consecutive posts only count as one since it merges on the first post. The problem is that it only considers quantity and not quality. But the upvoting system such as reddit's karma system for instance, only promotes popular, non-polemical and median opinions, which would flunk the level of discussion and turn it into a popularity contest.

Instead of banning low-effort postmaxxers that litter most threads, we should instaurate an arystocracy that incentivizes adherence/discussion of the blackpill and effort, not merit of agreeing with a post. A meritocracy would turn the most succesful in maintaining their status, a zero-sum game if you will. And what better aristocracy than our mods? They are the most righteous people to evaluate content, since their ethos and mission is keeping and improving the forum itself, not certain cliques inside it as meritocracy would. So instead of everyone voting on each other posts, the aristocrats would attribute value to good content by changing the form of post counting: every post starts at one count, but some posts count more than others: if the post is deemed high IQ by the aristocracy, it will aggregate higher post counts. And since this upper class is voting on the better content, it will make moderators watch posts more efficiently and the good evaluated threads being higher in the forum wall.

Replacing community voting with moderator voting just shifts the potential for bias from the community to the moderators. This would still encourage people to conform to opinions that they think will be well-received in order to gain popularity. Postmaxxing is annoying but it's not enough of a problem that we need to scrap the current rank system to fix it.

Sounds like the perfect way for people to pick favorites and make some competitive bullshit out of this.
Do it. I want to see how the chaos would unfold and then if we have to blame anyone for the chaotic uproar that led to reverting back to how it was, I'll remember this topic.

Instead of banning low-effort postmaxxers that litter most threads, we should instaurate an arystocracy that incentivizes adherence/discussion of the blackpill and effort, not merit of agreeing with a post. A meritocracy would turn the most succesful in maintaining their status, a zero-sum game if you will.
high iq tbh
postmaxxers would have nothing since they can't read anything longer than 5 words tbh

I think a minimum wordcount would be more efficient.

Replacing community voting with moderator voting just shifts the potential for bias from the community to the moderators. This would still encourage people to conform to opinions that they think will be well-received in order to gain popularity. Postmaxxing is annoying but it's not enough of a problem that we need to scrap the current rank system to fix it.
So you prefer cuckit's rating system? I agree postmaxx is not that big of a problem but this system would turn a nuisance into a solution.

The only way to stop postmaxxing is government issued qt loyal gfs

So you prefer cuckit's rating system? I agree postmaxx is not that big of a problem but this system would turn a nuisance into a solution.
No Reddit's system is bad for the same reason. The plain post count should work well enough alone. If postmaxxing is a problem the proper way to address it would be to just ban people that spam low effort posts.

I think a minimum wordcount would be more efficient.
Ppl would still copy/paste and vomit alphabet soup, it'd work if that was punished by +10% ban

Ppl would still copy/paste and vomit alphabet soup, it'd work if that was punished by +10% ban
If people copypasted low quality bullshit, I think everyone would report postmaxxers, and the problem would solve itself.

No Reddit's system is bad for the same reason. The plain post count should work well enough alone. If postmaxxing is a problem the proper way to address it would be to just ban people that spam low effort posts.
Drawing the line for this would be biased as fuck and prone to individual persecution. There should be polls for banning those who abuse postmaxxing tbh
If people copypasted low quality bullshit, I think everyone would report postmaxxers, and the problem would solve itself.
The problem resides in not having a good mod/user ratio, that aside i agree there should be minimum characters

Last edited:
I feel like being an Athenian sanctuary of reason and blackpill discussion is not really this forums purpose. your suggestion sounds alright on paper and the current one has its flaws (especially since I'm not really the type who likes to post 24/7) but I can't really think of a better suited system

I definitely agree with you though that Reddit's upvote system prevents people from coming to their own conclusions and judging a post by its merits rather than the soy points

I feel like being an Athenian sanctuary of reason and blackpill discussion is not really this forums purpose
Shitposting in general is a good cope and i like it too, the thing is postmaxxing effortlessly makes me ignore a whole thread and i might miss the pearl in the mud.

unfair to ADDcells

There has to be a space in which the blackpill is scientifically developed here, i wanna see the day that fellowcels teach each other programming, neuroscience, economics, et. al in this platform, we need to separate work and play for it to happen

Better solution: remove the post counter altogether and get rid of ranks and colors. Everyone is equal. It's your message that should matter, not the number of posts you made. Also, crack down on obvious, unrepented shitposters that only quote other users and spam one word replies.

Sounds like the perfect way for people to pick favorites and make some competitive bullshit out of this.
Do it. I want to see how the chaos would unfold and then if we have to blame anyone for the chaotic uproar that led to reverting back to how it was, I'll remember this topic.
This pretty much. .co would just turn into salty essay wars till the end of times if we listened to what any of these dudes have to say.

there is already a rule on low effort tbh

Replacing community voting with moderator voting just shifts the potential for bias from the community to the moderators. This would still encourage people to conform to opinions that they think will be well-received in order to gain popularity

This

But the upvoting system such as reddit's karma system for instance, only promotes popular, non-polemical and median opinions, which would flunk the level of discussion and turn it into a popularity contest.

Seems to me working well on looksmax.org, it has a like system (no dislike though)

Also of this does happen, that's exactly what should have happened because that means the people on the forum aren't really black pilled, and are just NPC's like the people they like to pretend they aren't

A meritocracy would turn the most succesful in maintaining their status, a zero-sum game if you will. And what better aristocracy than our mods?

Again, if the forum really goes that route and everyone becomes status obsessed, then that means we aren't black pilled, it should be a good wakeup call

I seriously believe postmaxxers should be banned, because they are proving themselves to be the normies they like to complain about, they come to a place that should be about men sharing ideas and discussing things and try to "one up" other people and status maxx, and get a "halo" from their rank, people like that should be banned from an incel forum

Better solution: remove the post counter altogether and get rid of ranks and colors. Everyone is equal. It's your message that should matter, not the number of posts you made. Also, crack down on obvious, unrepented shitposters that only quote other users and spam one word replies.

I agree with this, if people remember you for the merit of your words your rank doesn't mean anything

Failure. This "aristocracy" banned most enhlightened user from here, iHateLife

Just have a section for postmaxxing

problem solved

Failure. This "aristocracy" banned most enhlightened user from here, iHateLife
I have to agree tbh
This pretty much. .co would just turn into salty essay wars till the end of times if we listened to what any of these dudes have to say.
As if this doesn't already happen all the time JFL The difference would be in the effort to make well thought posts. You prefer things stay the same, full of postmaxxing and shitposting, with serious/scientific/studying posts being scorned and left behind because of noreply. Let's listen to this voice of reason that regurgitates contractualist mambo jambo and doesn't give a fuck about the state of things.

Last edited: