Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I'm eating almost 3000 calories a day. Is that normal?

R

RageAgainstTDL

Overlord
★★★★★
I had been bulking and I've been stalled a while so I'm increasing my calories. I'm now pushing up to around 3000 calories per day and I think it's starting to move again. I'm looking a bit bigger after I work out and have my pump. But I still only weigh 146 lb right now. Gonna try to get to >150 lb then do another body fat cut. I just want to be lean and strong around 150 lb in the end because I'm short.

All I'm doing for exercise is basic body weight stuff for 20 min 5 times a week. I prefer it over weights and it seems to work just as well for me. So it's not like I'm burning loads of calories. I also walk a lot during my day like probably 10,000 steps per day but I don't think that burns much.

Isn't that an excessive amount of calories? It feels crazy. I'm making weight gainer shakes because I can't get there from healthy foods any natural way - I'd have to be eating all day. I mean a 12" turkey sub from Subway is 500 calories so I'm eating the equivalent of 6 of those a day.

I guess it's depends on your height, body fat etc.

Looks like everyone is doing the same as me making shakes:

But those guys are huge. I must have a fast metabolism, because I'm still tiny.

werent u mod before?

I need to calculate mine tbh, i eat less than usual.

bans me... Well i have pretty same problem, fast metabolism additionally my disability doesnt allow me to hit gym and im stuck with 43kg at 171.5cm
what type of disability

what type of disability
boen with bend/deformed leg, im after multiple surgeries, calf muscle removal, reconstrucion of feet etc right now struggling with walking

boen with bend/deformed leg, im after multiple surgeries, calf muscle removal, reconstrucion of feet etc right now struggling with walking

That sucks. You were saying you had leg lengthening on that leg right? If it's any consolation - if there's one thing you're still faster than anyone else at it's postmaxing. 7,807 in one month? Impressive.

Can you do pushups or dips or upper body stuff at home?

I don't count calories

Depends on you calorie expenditure through natural metabolism, muscle mass and workout/cardio routine. For example, my metabolism is slow so I only needed 1500-1700 calories to keep my bulked weight of 190 lbs at 5'7. I had a lot of muscle. Now I've given up on gymceling because it doesn't get you anywhere in life. I eat much less; only once a day. I'm not focusing on getting my surgeries. So far, I've had gyno surgery and laser hair removal. Planning for electrolysis next.
Holy shit dude we're the same height and that's almost half what I'm eating while weighing 45 lb less than you and I'm barely moving the scale.

Metabolic differences are insane.

I'm a mesomorph and thicc built. I put on muscle mass quickly. Sorry for the bragging. I see a lot of curry guys being skinny in spite of their lifting regiment. I assume its because they are malnourished, but its probably their metabolism as well. A lot of them are framecel ectomorphs. Are you an ectomorph framecel as well?

Oh I don't consider it bragging at all. Just interesting. I've always been a combo of Auchwitz and skinnyfat with tiny bird bones my whole life.

I see guys who look big and robust at 15/16 years old and it sort of makes sense as to why I could have never been like that. If I need to eat 3000 clean calories a day just to get to 150 lb, there's no reasonable way I could have been muscular when I was young like that. For me to get to 190 lb I'd probably have to get 4000 calories or something insane like that. Even with shakes I don't know that I could unless it was my full time job.

Certainly right now anything less than 2500 or so and I start clearly losing weight even at my current activity levels and relatively small size.

You're bloatmaxxing unless you're doing a ton of cardio or have a very active job.

You're bloatmaxxing unless you're doing a ton of cardio or have a very active job.

No man I'm telling you the scale is barely even moving. At 2500 cals a day it wasn't budging at all. I'm not active any more than just walking probably 5000-10,000 steps a day and doing my body weight exercise 5x/week. The rest of the time I'm just sitting around.

I never thought of it before but I think having a high metabolism must be an incel trait because if you don't work like crazy you'll never have any mass and you certainly won't have any mass naturally growing up.

No man I'm telling you the scale is barely even moving. At 2500 cals a day it wasn't budging at all. I'm not active any more than just walking probably 5000-10,000 steps a day and doing my body weight exercise 5x/week. The rest of the time I'm just sitting around.

I never thought of it before but I think having a high metabolism must be an incel trait because if you don't work like crazy you'll never have any mass and you certainly won't have any mass naturally growing up.
Nutrition labels and BMR calculators have about a 20% margin of error. You might think you're eating 2500 when you could be eating 2000 and it wouldn't even be your fault. You might also think you're burning 2000 a day when you could be burning 2500. The number of calories burned by exercise also depends on a wide variety of factors like your body mass and the intensity and nature of the exercise.

I personally think low responsiveness to training is more of an incel trait. Chad with a high metabolism just gets his high caloric needs met with pizza and beer at bachelor parties. The incel has to make lifting a part-time job if he wants to make a fraction of the muscle gains Chad gets in six months of Stronglifts 5x5

Nutrition labels and BMR calculators have about a 20% margin of error. You might think you're eating 2500 when you could be eating 2000 and it wouldn't even be your fault. You might also think you're burning 2000 a day when you could be burning 2500. The number of calories burned by exercise also depends on a wide variety of factors like your body mass and the intensity and nature of the exercise.

I personally think low responsiveness to training is more of an incel trait. Chad with a high metabolism just gets his high caloric needs met with pizza and beer at bachelor parties. The incel has to make lifting a part-time job if he wants to make a fraction of the muscle gains Chad gets in six months of Stronglifts 5x5

That's entirely possible that the calculations from labels could be off. It's also possible I'm not absorbing all the calories. So it's probably impossible to exactly quantify. And yeah, high responder vs. low responder is huge.

This experiment was men assigned to the same diet and same exercise program showing lean body mass gain:

muscle-growth-mirna.gif

As far as I can tell I'm some combo of low responder and high metabolic burner. I am now making progress and finally look a bit like I lift but it's been hard to get here.

Plus there's the racial element:

ffmi.png

Some races like all Asians just carry no lean mass by nature.

That's entirely possible that the calculations from labels could be off. It's also possible I'm not absorbing all the calories. So it's probably impossible to exactly quantify. And yeah, high responder vs. low responder is huge.

This experiment was men assigned to the same diet and same exercise program showing lean body mass gain:

muscle-growth-mirna.gif

As far as I can tell I'm some combo of low responder and high metabolic burner. I am now making progress and finally look a bit like I lift but it's been hard to get here.

Plus there's the racial element:

ffmi.png

Some races like all Asians just carry no lean mass by nature.

The low responsiveness pill is brutal. I never looked like I lifted until I went full ham and started doing 90 minutes of lifting a day 6 days a week, and I still look small in a shirt that isn't extra-small (I swear these shirts are bigger around the waist than the chest, the exact opposite of what I need with my overdeveloped pecs jfl).

I also walk a lot during my day like probably 10,000 steps per day but I don't think that burns much.
Low heart elevation aerobics helps burn a lot of fat without increasing cortisol, the fat storing hormone. To be able to gain the most muscle and release the least amount of cortisol; aerobic and high intensity interval training are the best.

I need at least 4000 to start bulking. Never began for ectomorphcels.

Holy shit dude. Mogs me. Height/weight? What's the most you got up to?
I'm 6'1'' and 85kg at the moment. My genes are really bad, I started with 60kg at 19 years old.

Beer is a good weight gainer

Yes you need the calories to feed your brain making all of those high iq threads

Over for you.
Supremely over

I'll probably revert to chubby or skinnyfat if I ever stop lifting or even just lift less

I'm trapped between a rock and a barbell plate

I had been bulking and I've been stalled a while so I'm increasing my calories. I'm now pushing up to around 3000 calories per day and I think it's starting to move again. I'm looking a bit bigger after I work out and have my pump. But I still only weigh 146 lb right now. Gonna try to get to >150 lb then do another body fat cut. I just want to be lean and strong around 150 lb in the end because I'm short.

All I'm doing for exercise is basic body weight stuff for 20 min 5 times a week. I prefer it over weights and it seems to work just as well for me. So it's not like I'm burning loads of calories. I also walk a lot during my day like probably 10,000 steps per day but I don't think that burns much.

Isn't that an excessive amount of calories? It feels crazy. I'm making weight gainer shakes because I can't get there from healthy foods any natural way - I'd have to be eating all day. I mean a 12" turkey sub from Subway is 500 calories so I'm eating the equivalent of 6 of those a day.
That's a lot, but SRS how are you 150lbs? Are you still growing, in which case bulking unnaturely is not a great idea. Or are you just a framecel?

That's a lot, but SRS how are you 150lbs? Are you still growing, in which case bulking unnaturely is not a great idea. Or are you just a framecel?

Am I am still growing??? Dude I'm a fucking wizard I'm old as fuck so unless my wizard powers are gonna kick in to make me taller no I'm not growing. My wrist circumference is 6.2" where my watch goes and 6.4" or so around the joint itself. I have smaller wrists and ankles than at least 60% of women I encounter.

Framecel doesn't begin to describe it. I was born in this and barring a miracle I will die in it too. Add that to my impossibly high metabolism and no wonder I've always been scrawny as fuck.

Ah right, so might be due to your age and frame. Not an expert but i imagine being a framecel limits you a lot in the weight gain (probably for the best as you might have inferior joint stability and bone density too). Also the age thing will definitely make it harder to hypertrophy

He's curry. The framepill is excruciating for curries. I have skinny bottom 20% wrists, and some of the wrist circumferences I see from curries make mine look Chad-like. OP's wristletism is comparatively mild and pretty close to mine.

He's curry. The framepill is excruciating for curries. I have skinny bottom 20% wrists, and some of the wrist circumferences I see from curries make mine look Chad-like. OP's wristletism is comparatively mild and pretty close to mine.
Not always, I'm part curry, just depends what kind of curry you are, but yeah can be brutal

Ah right, so might be due to your age and frame. Not an expert but i imagine being a framecel limits you a lot in the weight gain (probably for the best as you might have inferior joint stability and bone density too). Also the age thing will definitely make it harder to hypertrophy
I was the exact same at 15 years old. It's not age related. I finished puberty at maybe 110 lb and 5'7" and I had a normal diet growing up. I was never a big eater but I ate normal meals.

Genetics are a bitch.

I'm an out of shape high body fat loser. I'm 5'7 and 146 lbs

I was the exact same at 15 years old. It's not age related. I finished puberty at maybe 110 lb and 5'7" and I had a normal diet growing up. I was never a big eater but I ate normal meals.

Genetics are a bitch.
oh damn sorry, it really is over

Depends on many factors tbh. If you aren't gaining weight, you must have a fast metabolism. I wish I did. I feel like a fat fuck with my normal 1500 calories/day routine.

That sucks. You were saying you had leg lengthening on that leg right? If it's any consolation - if there's one thing you're still faster than anyone else at it's postmaxing. 7,807 in one month? Impressive.

Can you do pushups or dips or upper body stuff at home?
yeah i had LL on femur and tibs so if u have any question then feel free to ask me will give u the best reply from first hand. Fast haha dont want it to be taken as brag. But till my 13-14 i was the fastest in everything, was winning competitions in my school in fast reading, writting was always first to end work in excel on pc, was sucessful table tennis players (had offer to play quali to olympic tournament for disabled players, i refused becasue of my ego), great deegres in school etc. then surgeries broke everything, i was walking only on crutches, people were leaving me, i lost weight, mockery, depression, pain and after few years im at this point, literal trash of human, people even wanted me to go to psychiatrist because of my fast talking 2 years back. now im talking normal slowly, not doing anything and if someone will ever ask me why im way im then i will reply with thing i heard somewhere "why should i be sorry for way im, people should be sorry that they made me like that", hate all fuckers who mocked me, made insecure, alone, depressed...

What's the most you ever bench pressed

yeah i had LL on femur and tibs so if u have any question then feel free to ask me will give u the best reply from first hand. Fast haha dont want it to be taken as brag. But till my 13-14 i was the fastest in everything, was winning competitions in my school in fast reading, writting was always first to end work in excel on pc, was sucessful table tennis players (had offer to play quali to olympic tournament for disabled players, i refused becasue of my ego), great deegres in school etc. then surgeries broke everything, i was walking only on crutches, people were leaving me, i lost weight, mockery, depression, pain and after few years im at this point, literal trash of human, people even wanted me to go to psychiatrist because of my fast talking 2 years back. now im talking normal slowly, not doing anything and if someone will ever ask me why im way im then i will reply with thing i heard somewhere "why should i be sorry for way im, people should be sorry that they made me like that", hate all fuckers who mocked me, made insecure, alone, depressed...

That's fucking depressing man. Sorry to hear it. We're not so different though it's my face and your leg. All it takes in this world to ruin a life it seems is for one thing to go massively wrong like this. Then you can't be normal again and all you can do is try to cope. And surgery is not nearly advanced nowadays to properly fix many problems as you and I can attest from experience. Maybe you'll keep getting better with time. One can hope.

It depends on a lot of things, but 3000 isn't that crazy for an active man. I have a quite physical job and I burn 2600 on a rest day.

Idk but you calorie-mog me. I only take in around 1200 a day

Yeah 3k is what the average man needs to be healthy

Jfl at eating 2000 or less. The issue is that according to modern sciencie, you should eat primarly grains and bread, so 2,000 + calories in bread and grains is a huge amount of food that only bloatmaxxers could eat. You'll also get fat and feel lethargic due to the huge insulin spikes

But 2000 + in meat and fat is pretty viable, eat some liver, a burguer and a steak and some nuts in between and you reach those numbers pretty easily

Last edited:
You can hardly call yourself a man if you don’t weigh at least 200 lbs, sorry it’s the truth. You are just a tiny framecel twink if you weigh less than 180.

Little curry man can't bulk up