Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm so stupid I need to be fucking shot

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
This is an example of my stupidity:

A little backstory: I have a gaming laptop. A PC would've been a much better deal but my back and muscles in general are atrophied so for many years I've been just using a laptop and lying in bed all day long, it's much easier than in a chair, and you can't do that with a PC.

Anyway, this laptop was very expensive, but it's a third world shithole so by the time it gets to my hands it has all kinds of tax and markup added on. Every store in this god damn country sells what would be for example a $900 laptop gets to like $1500. And that's in a country where the average salary is like $300 a month but whatever. I don't do anything but rot in bed all day so I don't have expenses, I don't want anything else and I'm an only child, so my parents saved up and bought me (this isn't even my first one but that's another story of stupidity, god those may even be more stupid).

So, this laptop that is very expensive in my country but is actually an entry level gaming laptop by fucking Lenovo, this Chinese piece of crap has a good CPU but they cheaped out on the build quality, thing feels like it's made of fucking paper.

So there's a problem. The keys are wonky and shit gets beneath them constantly. You pop the cover off one and you see all kinds of hair, crumbs etc... And I take very good care of my laptop, I NEVER eat around it, I constantly wipe it etc... But this shit is like a magnet, every fucking possible piece of dust or lint or hair gets under the keys.

So eventually keys start sounding bad every time you press them, or they even get mushy or they even can't get pressed from all angles. And my OCD makes this unberable.

So what does my dumb ass do? A few times I popped the plastic cover off keys (I saw how to do it from an indian online) and I tried to clean them up. Worked a few times, made the OCD much better since the keys worked better and made less sound when I claned them out.

I did that a few times without many problems. And I was always very careful, knowing that they could break. Anyway, I guess I got cocky. Yesterday I pop a few off, clean them out. So much fucking hair and dust and lint. The first big scare was the space bar. It was bothering me so I popped it open. Was very careful and I still nearly broke it, but I popped it back in intact, no problems. This was a big scare so I swore to myself I'd stop and never do it again. Lo and behold, 5 minutes later my OCD is eating at me that a few keys feel wonky. It wasn't even a real problem, just a small extra sound when pressing and maybe it felt a tiny, tiny, tiny bit mushy. But I couldn't bear it. So I pop it open (a simple letter key, not the space bar).

And this is where I fucked up. The little plastic hinges popped off. These tiny little Chinese pieces of crap, they make them shitty on purpose so you spend hundreds of dollars on repairs, if one is broken sometimes it's easier to just change the whole keyboard than to hunt these pieces of shit down.

Anyway, I shit you not I've spent 4 hours yesterday and 6 hours today fixing this shit. It started with 1 fucking key and to use as examples I eventually popped other 2 off. Well, my fingers are raw and almost bloody from all the tinkering like a retard not knowing how to fix this shit. And I did fucking find a way to fix it in a few hours. But the other hours were spent carefully trying to put this shit into place since this fucking laptop was made extra tricky when it comes to these things, cause remember it's a Chinese piece of crap. They have different models of these little plastic shits for every laptop, and this one is extra fucky.

Managed to fix 1 fully, after hours of effort. 1 is totally broken, beyond repair, those little plastic hinges got ripped in 1 tiny little place, and the cover too, and that rendered it beyond repair, chinese piece of crap. And one other is kinda fixed but a part of the cover is broken so it's a bit unstable but it works fine, still probably will have to change it.

Anyway, in conclusion. Because my dumb ass couldn't live with a tiny little flaw that most people wouldn't even notice, I caused problems for myself. And if it wasn't enough that I broke 1 thing, I broke 2 others trying to fix the first and wasted ~10 hours in total trying to fix this shit, all for naught. This could all have been avoided if I weren't retarded. But I am, so I tried to "fix" shit I shouldn't have touched, and fucked it all up. Now I'm probably going to have to wait weeks for a fucking tech guy to order this shit from abroad, maybe even change the whole keyboard and it's going to cost me a fucking ton. All cause I am retarded. Why did I fucking spend so much money on a Lenovo piece of shit god damn. Just 1 year old this laptop and I already fucked it up. Can't even order shit off amazon or other sites myself cause this country is a piece of shit where barely anyone delivers, so gotta go to one of these repair shops that know who the fuck delivers in this country.

Last edited:
The people in the local computer shops can usually fix this type of thing cheaply. Don’t go to brand stores they’ll rip you off. When my PS3 wasnt working, the Sony guy told me it’d cost 100 dollars to fix but the local guy I knew did it for 50 cents (no joke) and its still working to this day

Ok death wishcel

The people in the local computer shops can usually fix this type of thing cheaply. Don’t go to brand stores they’ll rip you off. When my PS3 wasnt working, the Sony guy told me it’d cost 100 dollars to fix but the local guy I knew did it for 50 cents (no joke) and its still working to this day
Yeah, I've read so many stories like that, such a ripoff. Unfortunately this is a country where these kinds of parts are hard to come by. At least my mom knows a guy who is somewhat reliable, in other places if you give your laptop to them they can pull shady shit like swapping your GPU with a worse one or some shit.

Yeah, I've read so many stories like that, such a ripoff. Unfortunately this is a country where these kinds of parts are hard to come by. At least my mom knows a guy who is somewhat reliable, in other places if you give your laptop to them they can pull shady shit like swapping your GPU with a worse one or some shit.
Its difficult to swap GPUs in laptops bc they’re usually specifically built for a certain model

Big (TV) Screen + Bluetooth Keyboard > Laptop

Its difficult to swap GPUs in laptops bc they’re usually specifically built for a certain model
Nice, good to hear. They do other shady shit I guess, not sure on the specifics.
Big (TV) Screen + Bluetooth Keyboard > Laptop
Got pretty severe myopia, unless it's right in front of me I can't see shit even with glasses it will be hard to make out letters.

Why are your posts so long and autistic

That sucks.
My problem with laptops usually has to do with the cooling, the retarded metal cover, and battery issues.
Currently, i´m using a laptop with a plastic cover but it has the cooling and battery problem.
You just leave it plugged in to the power adapter all the time, it tends to diminish the capacity to store power.

A desktop is the perfect solution, but i don´t use my two gaming desktops to connect to the internet.
It´s a security measure that i take.

A cheap laptop is all that is needed for the internet, but i´ll switch to a mid-tier desktop as an upgrade in the future.

That's brutal man I'm sorry.

Here's some related advice: since you're already taking your laptop to a repair shop, ask them to clean the insides too. Laptop CPU fans accumulate a lot of dust and need to get cleaned regularly. My brother didn't do it and it ended up getting slow and laggy because of the CPU overheat. When we opened it the air vent was basically closed by dust. So since you also live somewhere where shit is expensive I suggest you do this too so that it will last longer. Don't ever open it yourself it's extremely difficult. I only did it with my brother because the laptop was already slow and old and it was a hellish experience I won't do again.

Regarding the keyboard maybe you can buy a small USB keyboard instead? You can start sitting on a desk or make a setup in your bed that allows a keyboard.

I've never used Lenovo but I don't think the cheap quality you describe is because unique to Lenovo. Every manufacturer nowadays deliberately makes their stuff low quality so that they break easily. Everything from home appliances to tools to electronics are all shit quality these days. Fuck corporations.

And for what it's worth, try to control your OCD. I have some OCD myself and I occasionally try to do the opposite of what it wants me to do. If you let it loose it will get stronger.

Another advice: NEVER open small electronics like laptops, phones, tablets. They're hellishly small and difficult to repair.

Shut up GrAYcel you don't even exist here as far as we're concerned and you're complaining about a 2018 7K post user.

Ngl might actually be autistic
That sucks.
My problem with laptops usually has to do with the cooling, the retarded metal cover, and battery issues.
Currently, i´m using a laptop with a plastic cover but it has the cooling and battery problem.
You just leave it plugged in to the power adapter all the time, it tends to diminish the capacity to store power.

A desktop is the perfect solution, but i don´t use my two gaming desktops to connect to the internet.
It´s a security measure that i take.

A cheap laptop is all that is needed for the internet, but i´ll switch to a mid-tier desktop as an upgrade in the future.
Ohh I totally agree with the cooling part. I HATE how loud fans get, so even if I can run a game on max settings I play on minimum settings since the fans won't be so loud. But even fans are bearable as long as it would keep my laptop cool, but they don't. Thermal paste, cooling fans under the laptop etc... none work, laptop are just hot.
That's brutal man I'm sorry.

Here's some related advice: since you're already taking your laptop to a repair shop, ask them to clean the insides too. Laptop CPU fans accumulate a lot of dust and need to get cleaned regularly. My brother didn't do it and it ended up getting slow and laggy because of the CPU overheat. When we opened it the air vent was basically closed by dust. So since you also live somewhere where shit is expensive I suggest you do this too so that it will last longer. Don't ever open it yourself it's extremely difficult. I only did it with my brother because the laptop was already slow and old and it was a hellish experience I won't do again.

Regarding the keyboard maybe you can buy a small USB keyboard instead? You can start sitting on a desk or make a setup in your bed that allows a keyboard.

I've never used Lenovo but I don't think the cheap quality you describe is because unique to Lenovo. Every manufacturer nowadays deliberately makes their stuff low quality so that they break easily. Everything from home appliances to tools to electronics are all shit quality these days. Fuck corporations.

And for what it's worth, try to control your OCD. I have some OCD myself and I occasionally try to do the opposite of what it wants me to do. If you let it loose it will get stronger.

Another advice: NEVER open small electronics like laptops, phones, tablets. They're hellishly small and difficult to repair.

Shut up GrAYcel you don't even exist here as far as we're concerned and you're complaining about a 2018 7K post user.
Thanks for your long post mate, all that advice is great. I did actually hear about needing to clean the insides, but I was always too lazy to do it or get someone to do it at a shop. Thanks for reminding me, good opportunity.

Yeah I need to control the OCD, ended up breaking my keyboard because of it, that's quite a severe consequence that I wasn't expecting.

And good point about the repair, for some reason I guess my ego got the better of me and I thought I could do it. Well, I've learned my lesson, I won't do anything serious that is hardware-related by myself any soon.

Last edited:
Truecel trait: Trying to fix something while being extra careful, only to fuck it up even more.
You should get a external wireless laptop keyboard.

Your mind works similar to mine. I too fucked my laptop up over a simple flaw. Except I did not make the fuck up, the repair man did.

Mental note:don't buy lenovo

Your mind works similar to mine. I too fucked my laptop up over a simple flaw. Except I did not make the fuck up, the repair man did.

Mental note:don't buy lenovo
Damn, sorry to hear that. Yeah don't buy lenovo, they seem like a good deal but never, ever give them a chance. Fuck this company. Dell kinda sucks too.
Truecel trait: Trying to fix something while being extra careful, only to fuck it up even more.
You should get a external wireless laptop keyboard.
That is probably what I'm going to end up doing but it will impede by LDARing position. I lie in bed for 16 hours, comfily with my laptop next to me. It will fuck up my position.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Yeah don't buy lenovo, they seem like a good deal but never, ever give them a chance. Fuck this company. Dell kinda sucks too.

That is probably what I'm going to end up doing but it will impede by LDARing position. I lie in bed for 16 hours, comfily with my laptop next to me. It will fuck up my position.
Hp sucks too. Think I'll gp for asus

Buy Acer, they're cheap and durable quality even though the graphic isn't quite smoothing like expensive laptop one. It is pretty good enough for your wallet. I used to have two Acer laptops before throw out due to being worn out and had to buy a newer laptop to keep up to the date.

Don't beat yourself up, I did do something stupid back in 2011-2012 when I using my sister old mac laptop I pulled out of the battery, luckily I didn't pull all the way because lithium or something chemical would spill all over me then I could end up being burned or something else.

Last edited:
Buy Acer, they're cheap and durable quality even though the graphic isn't quite smoothing like expensive laptop one. It is pretty good enough for your wallet. I used to have two Acer laptops before throw out due to being worn out and had to buy a newer laptop to keep up to the date.

Don't beat yourself up, I did do something stupid back in 2011-2012 when I using my sister old mac laptop I pulled out of the battery, luckily I didn't pull all the way because lithium or something chemical would spill all over me then I could end up being burned or something else.
Unfortunately, your advice won't be seen by the OP since he self-banned a while ago. That's why he has a "deleted member" user ID and a slash through his name

Op is gone , he was relatable

I have suffered from this too