Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I'm starting to think obesity is more or less caused by genetics

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
The facts and my own personal experience support the idea.

In a 2015 study from the United Kingdom which looked at a large cohort of obese subjects who were put through professional weight loss intervention excluding bariatric surgery. The odds for an obese person to diet down to a healthy weight were less than 1%.

The annual probability of patients with simple obesity attaining a normal body weight was only 1 in 124 for women and 1 in 210 for men. The likelihood of attaining normal weight declined with increasing BMI category, with the lowest probability observed for morbidly obese patients. The smaller group of superobese patients was a departure from this trend but nevertheless showed a low probability of attaining normal body weight. Although the probability of patients achieving a 5% reduction in body weight was considerably higher, the majority of these patients went on to regain lost weight, as evidenced by BMI records of greater than 95% of the initial value, within 2 to 5 years of the first record that was lower than 95% of the initial value.

More than 90% of dieters regain their weight after treatment.

Stunkard concluded his review of the past 30 y of attempts to promote weight loss in the obese with the statement ‘Most obese persons will not stay in treatment for obesity. Of those who stay in treatment, most will not lose weight, and of those who do lose weight, most will regain it’.5 In 1993, Wadden updated this review and examined both the short- and long-term effectiveness of both moderate and severe caloric restriction on weight loss as determined by randomized controlled trials (RCTs).6 He examined all the studies involving RCTs in four behavioural journals and compared his findings to those of Stunkard.5 Wadden concluded that ‘Investigators have made significant progress in inducing weight loss in the 35 y since Stunkard's review’. He states that 80% of patients will now stay in treatment for 20 weeks and that 50% will achieve a weight loss of 20 lb or more. Therefore, modern methods of weight loss produce improved results in the short-term. However, Wadden also concludes that ‘most obese patients treated in research trials still regain their lost weight’. This conclusion has been further supported by a recent systematic review of interventions for the treatment and prevention of obesity which identified 92 studies which fitted the authors' inclusion criteria.7 The review examined the effectiveness of dietary, exercise, behavioural, pharmacological and surgical interventions for obesity and concluded that ‘the majority of the studies included in the present review demonstrate weight regain either during treatment or post intervention’. Accordingly, the picture for long-term weight loss is almost as pessimistic as it ever was.

It's harder for obese adults to lose weight long-term than obese children.

Now, before you guys scream at me about how there were no fat people in Auschwitz or something, I'm not going to say genetics beat the laws of thermodynamics. Caloric balance is hands-down the main deciding factor in weight management. What I am saying is fat people are generally just so lazy and weak-willed that the only way to get them down to healthy weights would be to lock them in concentration camps.

There are numerous studies supporting this psychopathological theory of obesity.

Personality and obesity across the adult life span.

Using 14,531 anthropometric assessments, the authors modeled the trajectory of BMI across adulthood and tested whether personality predicted its rate of change. Measured concurrently, participants higher on Neuroticism or Extraversion or lower on Conscientiousness had higher BMI; these associations replicated across body fat, waist, and hip circumference. The strongest association was found for the impulsivity facet: Participants who scored in the top 10% of impulsivity weighed, on average, 11Kg more than those in the bottom 10%. Longitudinally, high Neuroticism and low Conscientiousness, and the facets of these traits related to difficulty with impulse control, were associated with weight fluctuations, measured as the variability in weight over time. Finally, low Agreeableness and impulsivity-related traits predicted a greater increase in BMI across the adult life span.

Analysis of covariance revealed that MMPI type accounted for 50 percent of the variance in 12-month weight loss after covarying for initial weight and pre-operative percentage of ideal weight. Variables that added significantly to the prediction of weight loss were age and MMPI scale Pd. In general, the prototypic profiles indicative of the greatest disturbance predicted poor weight loss. In contrast to the 10 MMPI types described in this study, an alternative clustering of patients into fewer groups with much less psychological homogeneity was not predictive of outcome.

Results: In linear regression analyses the personality characteristic greater Lack of Assertiveness could explain 17% of Disinhibited eating and 13% of Hunger scores, whereas less Lack of Assertiveness could explain 12% of Flexible Control. BMI was negatively related to one of the personality characteristics, Adventure Seeking. Discussion: A lacking ability to be socially self-assertive and confident characterized obese patients with more problematic eating behaviours that imply a risk for over consumption of food. A greater selfassertiveness was found in patients with a relatively more efficient eating strategy such as flexible control over eating.

Obesity is negatively correlated with intelligence.

We performed a systematic review describing obesity/intelligent quotient (IQ) association, particularly childhood IQ in relation to adulthood obesity. After screening 883 citations from five electronic databases, we included 26 studies, most of medium quality. The weighted mean difference (WMD) of the full IQ (FIQ)/obesity association in the pre‐school children was −15.1 (P > 0.05). Compared with controls, the WMD of FIQ and performance IQ of obese children were −2.8 and −10.0, respectively (P < 0.05), and the WMD of verbal IQ was −7.01 (P > 0.05). With increasing obesity, the FIQ in pre‐school children declined, with a significant difference for severely obese children and FIQ.

Recent findings Most studies in the area employ cross-sectional data and conclude (without empirical justification) that obesity causes intellectual impairment. The few studies that employ prospectively longitudinal data, however, uniformly conclude that lower intelligence leads to BMI gains and obesity. A close examination of three such studies, from three different nations (Sweden, New Zealand, and the UK), leaves little doubt that the causality runs from low intelligence to obesity.

Summary The conclusion in previous studies that obesity impairs cognitive function stems from improper interpretation of a negative association between intelligence and obesity from cross-sectional studies. Results from the analyses of high-quality, population-based, prospectively longitudinal data firmly establish that low intelligence increases the chances of obesity.

Personality and intelligence are both about 50% heritable i.e. genetic.

The influence of genetic factors for two personality dimensions was analyzed using data from 12,898 unselected twin pairs of the Swedish Twin Registry. The heritability index was 0.50 (men) and 0.58 (women) for psychosocial instability. Corresponding figures for psychosocial extraversion were 0.54 and 0.66. Thus, about half the phenotypic variation may be attributed to genetic factors.

the final sample included 62 independent effect sizes, representing more than 100,000 participants of both genders and all ages. Data analyses were performed using the random-effects model, software program R package metafor. The average effect size was .40, indicating that 40% of individual differences in personality were due to genetic, while 60% are due to environmental influences. After correction for possible publication bias the conclusion was unaltered.

‘When data across all studies are collapsed, genetic influences [on intelligence differences] account for around 50% of the variance’.

Japanese data for 543 monozygotic (MZ) twins and 134 dizygotic (DZ) twins tested for intelligence at the age of 12 give correlation coefficients of. 782 and .491, respectively, indicating a heritability of .582. Heavier twins at birth have significantly higher IQs at the age of 12, suggesting that prenatal nutrition exerts a significant effect on intelligence.

So it's pretty clear based on the evidence that fat people are generally stupid and impulsive, both flaws caused by subpar genes. This is consistent with my own personal experience with fat people who will never lose weight despite desperately wanting to i.e. the vast majority of them. Something as simple as a calorie-restricted diet over a moderate period of time eludes them either intellectually or emotionally (usually both), so the only way they'd ever be able to stick with a diet long-term would be if they were forced at gunpoint. To paraphrase a fatcel on this forum I spoke with recently, telling an obese person to not eat so much would be like telling anyone else to not breathe. Their impulse control really is that pathetic. It's comparable to autism, another heritable form of mental retardation.

Therefore, I propose that fatcels who can't lose weight despite numerous attempts should be regarded as mentalcels, as their inceldom is caused by a debilitating mental illness.

Part of obesity is caused by genetics (metabolism deficiencies, hormones) etc. But you can't deny that some people are just plain fat. Sometimes they go hand in hand, bad metabolism genes+eating alot.

lifefuel for redditors / ITcucks, probably bullshit though

Your posts sometimes feel like you are an ITfuck in disguise ngl

Last edited:
Its caused by metabolic crash and awful chidhood with no physical activity.

Non of these pigs today recent ancestors were as big as them. I see landhwhales blaming their genes yet they have a skinny grandma and grandad. Its not genetic, there whole body has changed to sedentary life. There's no way in the course of 50 years / few gens of evolution that people have suddenly become obese and can't get healthy weight. No way.

Some people might be genetically predisposed to be obese/fat, but that does not mean they are destined to be so.

Obesity is caused by your habits/behavior which are mostly genetic. Doesnt mean you have to go through life being a lard beast and blaming your genetics for it though.

This is something I've recently started to believe myself, mostly stemming from how catastrophic it's been for me to try to force willpower to change my life for the better and overcome difficulties, I have enough mental strength to stay in shape (whole rest of my family is fat) but not enough to completely transform my being into an engine of productivity and positivity while surrounded by misery, that effort has reliably crashed and burned endless times and it's made me think.

Mental barriers are as good as physical barriers, you have your limits in overcoming obstacles, just as you do in the physical realm.

Some people might be genetically predisposed to be obese/fat, but that does not mean they are destined to be so.
True but a lot of people will just go with it and get fucked cause they don't have the willpower. Not obesity but my experiences in school and university (places where family problems haven't significantly altered the environment) quite strikingly mirror those of my dad in a lot of ways, not to mention my demeanor and the way in which I think and speak. If someone is a dumb idiot who can't stop eating they will probably be fat and their parents will probably be dumb high time preference idiots too, not to mention the metabolic element.

Last edited:
Obesity is caused by your habits/behavior which are mostly genetic. Doesnt mean you have to go through life being a lard beast and blaming your genetics for it though.
If somebody is going to run their mouth in a way that conveys they believe they are self aware regarding their condition, they should at least not eat. Calories in calories out no matter the predisposition. JFL at inceltears lardbeasts like underthebluemoon or whatever the cunt's name is.

If somebody is going to run their mouth in a way that conveys they believe they are self aware regarding their condition, they should at least not eat. Calories in calories out no matter the predisposition. JFL at inceltears lardbeasts like underthebluemoon or whatever the cunt's name is.

Exactly. Losing fat is very simple and straight forward up to around 12 %. Beyond that, it gets harder. Attracting a foid, on the other hand, especially as a sub human is next to impossible.

Biggest cope I’ve ever seen. Just stop over-eating fatty. You sound like those feminists pushing the body shaming BS.

FATCELS ARE FAKECELS, DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH US, WE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.

Fat women shouldn't reproduce

The problem is not genetics, it's the type of food you eat. High carb foods are extremely popular/prevalent and also heavily predispose people to overeating.

There are 2 reasons for this.

First is that carb foods have very high energy density, a muffin has 300-500 calories, the same as a large steak 4 times the mass. If you filled your stomach with muffins in one sitting you would be easily be eating over 4000 calories. Filling up on steak you would have extreme difficulty reaching over 1500 calories.

The second reason is that carb heavy foods disrupt your metabolism, preventing you from burning fat, and causing you to crave more food to keep your food sugar levels up. This means that you enter a cycle of overeating that leads to more overeating. Most people don't realize that this metabolism disrupting effect is why dieting is so hard and why their hunger cravings get so strong.

This is something I've recently started to believe myself, mostly stemming from how catastrophic it's been for me to try to force willpower to change my life for the better and overcome difficulties, I have enough mental strength to stay in shape (whole rest of my family is fat) but not enough to completely transform my being into an engine of productivity and positivity while surrounded by misery, that effort has reliably crashed and burned endless times and it's made me think.

Mental barriers are as good as physical barriers, you have your limits in overcoming obstacles, just as you do in the physical realm.
same i have to use meditation for hours to push myself to be productive or i become fat fuck
Biggest cope I’ve ever seen. Just stop over-eating fatty. You sound like those feminists pushing the body shaming BS.
he is on point in that will power and IQ are heavily genetic even if metabolism doesn't vary much. Fat fucks have low IQ low discipline subhuman parents which these traits they inherit and cannot have the will to lose weight.

Last edited:
An obese person obviously has the option to eat less and exercise, but if an extreme lack of willpower or intelligence caused by bad genes keeps them from choosing that option, they're just as doomed to stay obese as if they had some magical metabolic syndrome that broke the first law of thermodynamics and kept the weight on them even through a sustained calorie-restricted diet.

he is on point in that will power and IQ are heavily genetic even if metabolism doesn't vary much. Fat fucks have low IQ low discipline subhuman parents which these traits they inherit and cannot have the will to lose weight.
I don't think that greycel even read the post. Having been morbidly obese in the past and now able to sustain a body composition within the ideal 10-15% body fat range entirely on my own accord, I'm apparently a one-in-a-million statistical anomaly. People I meet in person don't even believe me if I tell them I used to be fat; when obese people ask how I lost the weight (mostly fat nurses who happen to finger through my medical records or notice the stretch marks on my abs; people assume I'm lean naturally otherwise), and I tell them I did it through diet and exercise, they seem to think I'm mocking them or hiding something from them out of spite, and get hostile towards me themselves.

I think there's such a thing as a body set point weight which has gone up in fat people due to the very sugary high calorie foods people eat these days. Basically your body pushes you to be at a certain weight range. For me it pushes me to be at around 25% body fat (90 kilos). If I go over that, I lose the taste for food and feel disgusted and am able to easily eat less than maintenance. If I go below it, at some point my appetite will become endless.

I am getting close to being lean and have learned from before. I will force myself to 3000- 3500 calories a day to remain lean despite being hungry. Apparently you can change your set point by remaining at a certain weight for a long time.

This may be somewhat genetic in people. Usually lower IQ people are fatter than high IQ people. Perhaps subhumans have a hard time getting food to not starve so they evolved to stuff themselves with everything they can.

Last edited:
Fat people at usually ugly, they cope by binge eating. That's how they get so fat. So if their "genetics" (being ugly) is causing them to eat, you can play it off on that sense.

In some cases yes, but it's still fixable with proper diet and exercise and some medicines for the thyroid.

Stop coping you gluttonous obesecel. Genetics do play a role, but it's small in most cases. Why weren't there any fat people in the holocaust? Just eat whole foods and you won't be overweight.

Certain races like polynesians are naturally fat. Even their athletes are.

Some people are just like that

Look at andy ruiz the fatty boom boom who ko'd tyrone 8pack joshua

Stop coping you gluttonous obesecel. Genetics do play a role, but it's small in most cases. Why weren't there any fat people in the holocaust? Just eat whole foods and you won't be overweight.
u tard did u even read the post. nigga is saying that its fucking willpwoer and iq which is inherited. which then affects willinglness to diet. he is not talking about genetic metabolism

Can you please explain where are all the obese people on old documentary videos from New York of 1910 and such?

Fat people at usually ugly, they cope by binge eating. That's how they get so fat. So if their "genetics" (being ugly) is causing them to eat, you can play it off on that sense.
That's another thing. I don't see fat guys who would be good-looking if they lost weight nearly as often as I see fat guys who wouldn't.

That's another thing. I don't see fat guys who would be good-looking if they lost weight nearly as often as I see fat guys who wouldn't.

Really hard to tell them apart because the facial bone structure is buried deep within. That's why fatcels are considered voluntary celibates.

I have suspected this for a while, lol people give fat people the same advice as they do to black pillers. "Just eat less and work out bro", when you have a such tonne of fat cells wanting f o o d I can see losing weight extremely hard without no fap tier level dedication over a long period of time. I eat like crap yet am skinny, I feel like it has nothing to do with myself. I am not going to have the moral high ground over fat people over something we can't really control ngl.

I have suspected this for a while, lol people give fat people the same advice as they do to black pillers. "Just eat less and work out bro", when you have a such tonne of fat cells wanting f o o d I can see losing weight extremely hard without no fap tier level dedication over a long period of time. I eat like crap yet am skinny, I feel like it has nothing to do with myself. I am not going to have the moral high ground over fat people over something we can't really control ngl.

You can control your caloric intake though. Losing fat is simply being at a caloric deficit. Most people don't measure their intake and grossly under or overestimate the calories they consume.

On the other hand, most of the things that would make you appealing to a foid such as height, bone structure, hairline and frame are beyond your control for the most part.

Really hard to tell them apart because the facial bone structure is buried deep within. That's why fatcels are considered voluntary celibates.
There are features that fat hides pretty well and others that it doesn't. It can hide your mandible and zygos, but not your eye area or hairline. Some people also have bones that are so robust you can see them even through severe obesity, indicating outstanding width and forward growth.

The facts and my own personal experience support the idea.

In a 2015 study from the United Kingdom which looked at a large cohort of obese subjects who were put through professional weight loss intervention excluding bariatric surgery. The odds for an obese person to diet down to a healthy weight were less than 1%.

More than 90% of dieters regain their weight after treatment.

It's harder for obese adults to lose weight long-term than obese children.

Now, before you guys scream at me about how there were no fat people in Auschwitz or something, I'm not going to say genetics beat the laws of thermodynamics. Caloric balance is hands-down the main deciding factor in weight management. What I am saying is fat people are generally just so lazy and weak-willed that the only way to get them down to healthy weights would be to lock them in concentration camps.

There are numerous studies supporting this psychopathological theory of obesity.

Personality and obesity across the adult life span.

Obesity is negatively correlated with intelligence.

Personality and intelligence are both about 50% heritable i.e. genetic.

So it's pretty clear based on the evidence that fat people are generally stupid and impulsive, both flaws caused by subpar genes. This is consistent with my own personal experience with fat people who will never lose weight despite desperately wanting to i.e. the vast majority of them. Something as simple as a calorie-restricted diet over a moderate period of time eludes them either intellectually or emotionally (usually both), so the only way they'd ever be able to stick with a diet long-term would be if they were forced at gunpoint. To paraphrase a fatcel on this forum I spoke with recently, telling an obese person to not eat so much would be like telling anyone else to not breathe. Their impulse control really is that pathetic. It's comparable to autism, another heritable form of mental retardation.

Therefore, I propose that fatcels who can't lose weight despite numerous attempts should be regarded as mentalcels, as their inceldom is caused by a debilitating mental illness.

Problem is most of the 1st world countries are overweight or obese.

So now what? We have countries full of 100s of millions of unintelligent, impulsive people.

In my case me being a fatass was due to genetics. If you're fat, get your thyroid checked. That was the thing that made me fat. I took some pills, kept eating sweets and drinking coke and I lost 30 kgs (66lbs). I didn't even look at gyms, I didn't have to. I'm not talking about Ritalin or something else- just thyroid hormones. My thyroid is too small for my body so I had to take the pills to lose weight. Go get your blood tested and bring the results to an endocrinologist. It may just turn out that you're fat because of your thyroid

This, whats with all this coping lately?

u tard did u even read the post. nigga is saying that its fucking willpwoer and iq which is inherited. which then affects willinglness to diet. he is not talking about genetic metabolism
*facepalm* I just read the title. I take it back.

Just lol, cuckma posted excerpts from this on IT (disappointingly none of the statistics and points that explain it) and landwhales are already getting triggered over what is very clearly factual.

At the end of the day its all willpower and effort, sure you can genetically be less strong willed or have lower metabolism, but the matter of the fact is its still possible to lose that weight, so genetics is just one big fat excuse imo.
This is why I have no sympathy for fatcels, but feel terrible for manlets.

I often think I’d rather be overweight than as underweight as I am. At least my size would be considered more that of a “man” instead of a child.

I no longer know anything

Eating disorders and sedentary lifestyle is what causes obesity. A modern plague.

Not a bad post tbh

I will never be fat tbh

I am fat. I lost weight once so I know for sure my metabolism is normal. It is more of a psychological thing though. Starting at my childhood when I started adopting my father's eating habits I learned to associate eating with happiness. It calms me down when I eat. Like when I don't eat I get extremely nervous. When I do eat I feel very good and relaxed. The brain learns to eject dopamin when you eat. This is how it works. It is like smoking only more strong (since people are statistically more successful stopping to smoke than losing weight). Actually people are more successful stopping to consume heroin than losing weight permanently because the addiction of eating is insanely strong. A normal eating person can not imagine that. This is why you are treated like a lazy piece of shit when in fact being fat is more like being black. Even a black person could bleach themselves and I guess even that is easier than losing weight. So really there is no difference.