Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Incel Trait: Listening to older music

Same here, who's your favorite composer?
The number one spot is shared by Beethoven, Dvorak, Bach, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Chopin, Vivaldi, Lully, Schubert, Lully and Brahms. I can't reduce the list anymore. What about you?

The number one spot is shared by Beethoven, Dvorak, Bach, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Chopin, Vivaldi, Lully, Schubert, Lully and Brahms. I can't reduce the list anymore. What about you?
That's quite the list jfl. Tbh My absolute favorites are Chopin, Vivaldi, Camille, Mozart, and Beethoven. Although, I think Chopin produces a certain kind of sentiment I haven't heard from anyone else, which is I'd consider him to be at the top of my list.

I can't relate. I used to listen to a few older bands, but now it's pretty much exclusively current and relatively recent bands/songs.

That's quite the list jfl. Tbh My absolute favorites are Chopin, Vivaldi, Camille, Mozart, and Beethoven. Although, I think Chopin produces a certain kind of sentiment I haven't heard from anyone else, which is I'd consider him to be at the top of my list.
I can't believe I forgot about Saint-Saëns, he is one of my absolute favourites too. Do you listen to any pre-baroque music? I also enjoy medieval and renaissance music.

I can't believe I forgot about Saint-Saëns, he is one of my absolute favourites too. Do you listen to any pre-baroque music? I also enjoy medieval and renaissance music.
Saint-Saëns is definitely a top tier composer. I do on occasion listen to pre baroque era. I am not that deeply invested in it but still enjoy it from time to time.

Incels listen to music to actually enjoy it because they need copes, so they go after quality before anything else.

Normies only care about fitting in so it's always whatever is latest and most "popular" for them, even if it's the kind of music fit only for the lobotomized and braindead:

Incels listen to music to actually enjoy it because they need copes, so they go after quality before anything else.

Normies only care about fitting in so it's always whatever is latest and most "popular" for them, even if it's the kind of music fit only for the lobotomized and braindead:

I find it funny that many try to find Illuminati/Masonic symbols in modern music but most classical composers from the latter half of the 18th century on were actually Freemasons, including Mozart and Beethoven.

Mozart and Beethoven got involved into Fremasonry because they were both misunderstood by the normies of their own day and gravitated towards anything that they felt gave them an identity and meaning they didn't found among the society they lived in. It wasn't their personal disfunction that led them to associate themselves with the Freemasons (most of whom acted as patrons for disaffected creative individuals), it was the society they lived in that was dysfunctional and drove them into the open arms of the Masons.

If Mozart and Beethoven were born in the middle ages they would have become part of one of the intellectual orders of that time, like the Dominicians. Freemasons themselves were originally an esoteric organization associated with the crafts and the arts, they weren't the satanic organization they became during the Enlightenment. Guenon investigated them thoroughly and concluded that while the symbolism was genuine the tradition had become corrupted beyond repair, but it's not like Mozart or Beethoven were in a position to understand that. They just felt the Masons understood them where the rest of society didn't. This is how intellectuals in general get sucked into modernism.

Saint-Saëns is definitely a top tier composer. I do on occasion listen to pre baroque era. I am not that deeply invested in it but still enjoy it from time to time.
Do you like Jean-Marie Leclair? He is another baroque composer I like a lot.

Mozart and Beethoven got involved into Fremasonry because they were both misunderstood by the normies of their own day and gravitated towards anything that they felt gave them an identity and meaning they didn't found among the society they lived in. It wasn't their personal disfunction that led them to associate themselves with the Freemasons (most of whom acted as patrons for disaffected creative individuals), it was the society they lived in that was dysfunctional and drove them into the open arms of the Masons.

If Mozart and Beethoven were born in the middle ages they would have become part of one of the intellectual orders of that time, like the Dominicians. Freemasons themselves were originally an esoteric organization associated with the crafts and the arts, they weren't the satanic organization they became during the Enlightenment. Guenon investigated them thoroughly and concluded that while the symbolism was genuine the tradition had become corrupted beyond repair, but it's not like Mozart or Beethoven were in a position to understand that. They just felt the Masons understood them where the rest of society didn't. This is how intellectuals in general get sucked into modernism.
Beethoven and Mozart were no social outcasts though and it was normal that elite figures were and are a part of masonic orders and lodges.
Ofcourse you can't say that all members of the lodges are evil or whatever but there is a sort of irony that people look to modern music for these symbols but not all musicians today are Masons while most classical composers were.

Beethoven and Mozart were no social outcasts though

I beg to differ. I think they were. I read several biographies of each and you can tell they were not entirely accepted among the normies of their society and that they themselves felt estranged from the environment they inhabited.

I'd go so far as argue that if they were born today they might have even become incels. Mozart had to marry the uglier sister of the girl he was interested in because he was a nerd where as she lusted after some soldier Chad. Today, he wouldn't have even had the chance to get the uglier sister.

Last edited:
Not incel trait tbh, search for foids in the comments and you will find them.

I got shit for listening to 80's metal in high school. And for listening to metal in general.

Yes I use to listen to lots of opera typrmusic before. Now tho I only listen to chill mixes or EDM as it's better suited for monk maxing. Tho eventually I will cut music all out

As long as it doesn't talk about love and couples, that's fine

Metal heads and weeb music seems more predominant here.
Yeah, I'm a metalhead, and very much favor old-school metal over anything new, as well.

It's mostly just because old music in general (not just metal) is all better than anything new. New is usually garbage.

I mostly listen to baroque, classical, rock, metal and military marches. Chads usually listen to rap, trap and some sort of electronic music. It's basically over unless you are some double digit IQ souless thug Chad who wears pants that are too small and listens to rap.

Music literally has zero correlation to IQ whatsoever. It's just a cope created by socially rejected brainlets who want to feel some sense of superiority over others.

Your brainletism isn't going to be cured by listening to Tchaikovsky or Chopin, sorry boyo.

Music literally has zero correlation to IQ whatsoever.

Actually, it seems there is a correlation:

Actually, it seems there is a correlation:

True, but I suspect that has more to do with High IQ children being exposed to classical music in their youth due to a natural acuity for music.

You can't deny that there are a lot of LARPers out there who say they enjoy classical music simply to be viewed as more intelligent.

this is stupid. lots of people of varying ages, status, ethnicity, etc. listen to older music. inceldom is irrelevant to it. Not to mention I listen to both modern and old music.

no,thats a zoomer trait

True, but I suspect that has more to do with High IQ children being exposed to classical music in their youth due to a natural acuity for music.

You can't deny that there are a lot of LARPers out there who say they enjoy classical music simply to be viewed as more intelligent.

I'm not denying it but it's pretty interesting that a person may listen to classical music until old age then suddenly switch to pop as they lose their brain cells.

There's also this:

main-qimg-0528c180ee4e067304902192891f53ec

Notice how on the lower end one finds generic terms like "pop", "classical" and "jazz" but the higher the score specific names are mentioned and then way up there there's Beethoven.

And there's no way a normie can actually understand this:

Last edited:
I personally like Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, and Liszt

I don't think that's an incel trait. I know a lot of Stacies and Chads, clearly not aspergery, that love old music, including 70's rock. I would say listening to sad and/or angry music is an incel trait, though

I like 80s music, but at the same time, I have an autistic obsession with the 80s.
I don't think that's an incel trait. I know a lot of Stacies and Chads, clearly not aspergery, that love old music, including 70's rock.
For real? Most of the Chads and Stacies I met like shitty, incomprehensible rap music (or "trap" as they call it, or some shit like that).