Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Incel trait: Staring into space to think about explaining concepts to ppl instead of focused eye contact

• Thread starter Deleted member 1042
  • Start date
Deleted member 1042

Deleted member 1042

-
I cannot seem to stare into ppl's eyes all that well for extended periods of time while explaining concepts and ideas. My coworkers as well as my family all seem to have no problem doing this. I on the other hand like to fixate on a point in space, preferably away from the face, but sometimes I need make it look like I'm giving eye contact so I'll stare at their hairline.

Same I can’t look people in the eyes and think about what I’m talking about at the same time

Same. I look away way too much when I try to have a convo.

Same, but I thought that was just my autism.

I can only stare for 2 seconds after this time I need to look somewhere else or I feel really awkward.

I have the same problem and i’m trying to change

People get offended and think you're disrespecting them. So yea, be wary of the situation. You're gonna have to larp and pretend to stare straight at them.

One of the trick i've used is to be mentally pissed off, like they stole you 20$, but without feeling pissed off, because you know it's not true. It help to low inhibitionmaxx. Stare straight into their soul and they are the ones who's will look away. Don't forget to blink often and look away too but only after they look away first. Then It's like throwing a ball at each other. Also keep track of the conversation or you gonna look like a total tard.

Source: I'm probably asperger.

when I'm explaining things to my mother sometimes I will just look upwards

Mogs me because talks to people about concepts and says smart shit.

I try to keep eye contact but I do it wrong because I just stare them in the eyes without even blinking or making any kind of facial expression

Do it all the time.

When I look in the eyes I actually faking it by looking between the eyes and slightly above. But it doesn't really help because I just stare without blinking or emotions on my face.

Majority of time I look emotionless or depressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back