Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: you achieve something (even if it's just in a video game),you feel nice for a few seconds,but then you realize nobody will ever know/care

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It absolutely applies to irl achievements too, though I don't have many of those. My parents are supportive and great but it's not really the same as having a social circle where you can share your achievements.

But this feeling is perfectly exemplified by video games. I like playing on challenging modes. I beat a game just now on the hardest difficulty all the way through, only 3.7% of the people who own the game on steam have this achievement, and I got another hard achievement on the first try while a lot of people online complained that they took forever with that one too. But it doesn't matter at all. Only I will ever see it. Normal people have friends they talk with, they at least have a conversation or two talking about what they played and how they beat it at the hardest difficulty etc... But not me. I'm an avoidant, autistic prick who wants that kind of social interaction and yet is too anxious to not avoid people as much as possible, even online.

Last edited:
The sad truth.

True but I still feel happy that I made such an accomplishment.

autistic prick who wants that kind of social interaction and yet is too anxious to not avoid people as much as possible, even online.
This used to be me.

Feels empty tbh, feels like I shouldn't have even bothered, what's the point? Didn't really do anything for me, the feeling of accomplishment lasted about 4 seconds while I played the game and didn't even really enjoy it for 50 hours. Well, at least I forced myself and actually finished something for oncce.

Feels empty tbh, feels like I shouldn't have even bothered, what's the point? Didn't really do anything for me, the feeling of accomplishment lasted about 4 seconds while I played the game and didn't even really enjoy it for 50 hours. Well, at least I forced myself and actually finished something for oncce.
Not for me. I am happy when I make an accomplishment. And the proof is on the screen. Even if I have people to share it with they will just say cool/congrats but at the end of the day I was the one who made the accomplishment

Not for me. I am happy when I make an accomplishment. And the proof is on the screen. Even if I have people to share it with they will just say cool/congrats but at the end of the day I was the one who made the accomplishment
Yeah talking about it with others wouldn't feel any better I guess. So I guess nothing in life makes me happy, nothing at all. Everything is so pointless and boring.

I don't like playing games on hard difficulties
It's not fun for me. Just annoying and sometimes stressful. I play games to relax, not to feel frustrated and angry tbh
Don't care about achievements at all

The sad truth.

Fundamentally agreed.

You shouldn't rely on others' approval to validate your experiences. Enjoy what you enjoy.

Beyond brutal

I'm an avoidant, autistic prick who wants that kind of social interaction and yet is too anxious to not avoid people as much as possible, even online.
The achievements don't feel like anything because they don't have a social context, if you were playing a team game and you and your squad beat the hardest level that you'd been struggling with for ages you'd feel 100 times more satisfied because you did it with others giving the action a social context and actual value. When I do things by myself in games it's like a tree falling in a forest with one one to see it-- like it never happened, but when I play online with some friends it's so exciting, the game suddenly has life and meaning.

People are social creatures.

EDIT: You don't have to avoid people online, I don't know why someone would still find it daunting, just talk/message some people online, bro, you'll feel a bit better,

I don't like playing games on hard difficulties
It's not fun for me. Just annoying and sometimes stressful. I play games to relax, not to feel frustrated and angry tbh
Don't care about achievements at all

I feel happy then I realise I’m a complete failure in everything else (and my ‘achievement’ is just some basic entry level shit), yes.

Doesn’t matter to me whether people care or not if I do something incredible in a video game, well, I suppose it does matter to some degree since you can get encouragement and shit to do more incredible shit but, you know but Ali take pride in the fact that I have completed Killzone 2 on elite difficulty setting, something most normal fags are unable to do.