Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: you don't understand... clothes. People care too much about clothes, what's the big deal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
This always puzzled me. I mean, as long as they're not dirty and aren't obviously ridiculous, I don't give a fuck about clothes. I wore the same pants for years and alternated between 2 shirts. Mom kept begging me to take me out to buy new stuff or to use some of my other stuff, but I wouldn't. Hell, my parents and I fought so much because of clothes. Damn, I regret now putting them through so much stress and grief for this insignificant shit. Once we literally didn't talk for 1 month and the argument started because I didn't want to buy new shoes or something idk.

But people are obsessed with clothes. Not just females, although they do it to a retarded level, but even guys care too much about clothes.

Even in MMOs this always puzzled me. "Cosmetic" rewards are a big part of MMOs, people play dress up for hours, and they even pay real fucking money for pixels that make their character look different. But I always went with the standard ugly clothing cause what's the fucking difference?

Maybe this is just my autism talking, idk. I fear what's going to happen when I'll have to get a job, cause I can't pay attention to all these details that normies find natural. My hair always seems messy, my shirt is always getting out of my pants, my shoes are somehow always getting dirty. And my parents keep telling me that in this country people are super obsessed with appearances, if one thing looks off during the first impression they will look down on you for eternity. Damn, gotta shell out huge money to fix my half missing front teeth, I look like a hillbilly.

I just wear whatevers available.

This always puzzled me. I mean, as long as they're not dirty and aren't obviously ridiculous, I don't give a fuck about clothes. I wore the same pants for years and alternated between 2 shirts. Mom kept begging me to take me out to buy new stuff or to use some of my other stuff, but I wouldn't. Hell, my parents and I fought so much because of clothes. Damn, I regret now putting them through so much stress and grief for this insignificant shit. Once we literally didn't talk for 1 month and the argument started because I didn't want to buy new shoes or something idk.

But people are obsessed with clothes. Not just females, although they do it to a retarded level, but even guys care too much about clothes.

Even in MMOs this always puzzled me. "Cosmetic" rewards are a big part of MMOs, people play dress up for hours, and they even pay real fucking money for pixels that make their character look different. But I always went with the standard ugly clothing cause what's the fucking difference?

Maybe this is just my autism talking, idk. I fear what's going to happen when I'll have to get a job, cause I can't pay attention to all these details that normies find natural. My hair always seems messy, my shirt is always getting out of my pants, my shoes are somehow always getting dirty. And my parents keep telling me that in this country people are super obsessed with appearances, if one thing looks off during the first impression they will look down on you for eternity. Damn, gotta shell out huge money to fix my half missing front teeth, I look like a hillbilly.
It's about a e s t h e t i c

I wear sweat pants and alternate between a few bland t shirts. I'm ugly with nice clothes and ugly with bad clothes.

clothes = normiefag shit

I'm the same. Fashion is so complicated to me. I remember never caring about what I wore until someone pointed out to me that I dress like a retard. Ever since I have been super self-conscious about it. But they were right though. Holy fuck I was stupid.

it's about aesthetics.i think only incels who cannot imagine themselves in "cool peoples" clothes stop caring about clothes.

I'm the same. Fashion is so complicated to me. I remember never caring about what I wore until someone pointed out to me that I dress like a retard. Ever since I have been super self-conscious about it. But they were right though. Holy fuck I was stupid.
Hmm, I don't remember if anyone commented on my clothes, maybe I always dressed boringly or maybe my memory is as bad as ever, but I too dress in a way that I can't be mocked. Simple stuff. Button up shirts and stuff like that.

I just try to wear good fitting (which is hard since I’m a framecel) and neutral colored, plain clothes. I used to care more about it but I’d rather not overdress and look ridiculous. Imagine an ugly fashion coper being mogged by a Chad wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

my parents were like this too wtf, would want to buy me shoes every month or two when i didn't leave the house lmao

I try to not look like a bum. Idk why but I almost never wear anything less casual than a polo shirt and chinos.

I try to not look like a bum. Idk why but I almost never wear anything less casual than a polo shirt and chinos.
Comfortable fitting clothes and partaking in fancy and dignified behavior and the finer things in life is a good cope if you can pull it off imo.

I just try to wear good fitting (which is hard since I’m a framecel) and neutral colored, plain clothes. I used to care more about it but I’d rather not overdress and look ridiculous. Imagine an ugly fashion coper being mogged by a Chad wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
I'm a framecel too, but I have a hard time buying clothes cause my weight fluctuates. When I buy clothes I always seem to be waaaay too fat in the belly area, but everything else is skinny. So I always have to have my pants cut at the bottom and made tighter too. But then I might lose weight and then the pants don't fit anymore lmao.
my parents were like this too wtf, would want to buy me shoes every month or two when i didn't leave the house lmao
They live in such a different world, for them shoes are very important. I am always mystified, like who the fuck looks at shoes? I can't remember the last time I looked at fucking shoes, my own much less other people's shoes. But from what they're saying it seems everybody in this fucking country will disrespect you and you won't get anywhere in life if your shoes look bad.

I care about clothes in video games, because I love dressing up my waifus in the video games I play, but real life, not so much. I've been wearing the same shoes, sandals, shirts and pants for years and years. I just don't give a damn about fashion nonsense.

Bones above all else

I never understood why my mother would constantly bitch about clothes not “ matching”