Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Instagram vs. Reality

mentalcel

mentalcel

over
★★★★★
Check this out to see to what extent online fakery has become. We live in a even faker world these days. Let's photoshop maxx guys.

I have the opposite problem. I look worse in photos, like legit disgusting, but in real life I look better.

isnt that the girl that said dogs dont have brains?

Looks like a dog in both, one is just a dog with makeup

she looks like shit even with 1 kg of make up on how the fuck is she famous :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree:

I have the opposite problem. I look worse in photos, like legit disgusting, but in real life I look better.
Nah, you look exactly the same.. that’s cope.. it’s because your brain creates a false perception of your face by starring in the mirror

I look like those 1800s postmortem pictures when i take a picture

CE1489BC 4807 4725 BF7C 1B9E3EA91551

Nah, you look exactly the same.. that’s cope.. it’s because your brain creates a false perception of your face by starring in the mirror
Suifuel if true. But i think it depends on the camera. I look much better in random wedding photos taken by a professional that I was in snapped in randomly, (not my wedding of course) compared to photos I’ve taken on my phones camera.

Everyone frauds their pictures today, men with angle/lighting women with fakeup/photoshop, it's a must if you want to compete

thats because the image is flipped when its taken with a camera. youre not used to looking at yourself that way and therefore its easier for your brain to notice flaws eg: asymmetry

happens to me too bro i look like a completely different person in photos

thats because the image is flipped when its taken with a camera. youre not used to looking at yourself that way and therefore its easier for your brain to notice flaws eg: asymmetry

My nose and head looks huge on phone camera selfies taken up close, but my nose and head looks normal when taken from professional camera at a distance.

Also my dick and balls look bigger in phone size camera from selfies distance, but smaller from a distance. I think there is some kind of thing on the phones camera that increase the disproportionately increases size of whatever is on camera in selfie distance giving you a fatter looking head/face and bigger looking dick

Suifuel if true. But i think it depends on the camera. I look much better in random wedding photos taken by a professional that I was in snapped in randomly, (not my wedding of course) compared to photos I’ve taken on my phones camera.
Just take a video of yourself walking around and talking. It will give you complete self-awareness like it has for me

Yeah, it is seriously depressing if true. Can you drop some key phrases or citations for this so I can look it up? I think neurochemically different states can do this to you too. If I am happy, after a good meal, and feeling contented on a sunny day sometimes I feel like I may be normal. Other days I look in the mirror, and I just want to cry because I have to bring that face outdoors. Catching a random reflection is the worst though, because you don't expect it, and then you want to quit your day on the spot, lol.

ban fakeup and smartphones

Yeah, it is seriously depressing if true. Can you drop some key phrases or citations for this so I can look it up? I think neurochemically different states can do this to you too. If I am happy, after a good meal, and feeling contented on a sunny day sometimes I feel like I may be normal. Other days I look in the mirror, and I just want to cry because I have to bring that face outdoors. Catching a random reflection is the worst though, because you don't expect it, and then you want to quit your day on the spot, lol.
I can relate. Ever since the age of 14 I hated my face, I literally was disgusted to look at myself. I wanted to wear a mask everywhere I went (still feel like that sometimes) but instead of buying the bullshit of ‘loving your imperfections’, I’ve learnt to accept it and make being ugly a part of my identity. If anyone has an issue with my appearance than that’s their problem not mine. I’m not going to live my life trying to satisfy people’s visual perception of me. I guess the only positive I could ever say there is with being ugly is being able to see how shallow people really are. You can really tell who is genuinely a good person and who isn’t just by the way they interact with you..

I can relate. Ever since the age of 14 I hated my face, I literally was disgusted to look at myself. I wanted to wear a mask everywhere I went (still feel like that sometimes) but instead of buying the bullshit of ‘loving your imperfections’, I’ve learnt to accept it and make being ugly a part of my identity. If anyone has an issue with my appearance than that’s their problem not mine. I’m not going to live my life trying to satisfy people’s visual perception of me. I guess the only positive I could ever say there is with being ugly is being able to see how shallow people really are. You can really tell who is genuinely a good person and who isn’t just by the way they interact with you..
Yeah, I'm a misanthrope because of the way people are. This site is bad for mental state, but it feels like home, because people here know what this feels like, and are generally sincere.

Yeah I see this all the time in photos. My crooked nose, my eyes, I even a little bit of norwooding around the temples which I can't really see in the mirror. Even my skin looks worse.

It makes me want to rope so bad.