Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is a BB gun a good weapon to carry for protection?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20434
  • Start date
Deleted member 20434

Deleted member 20434

Cops don't like me. So I don't like cops.
-
I live in the US, but in my state guns are regulated heavily and I am younger than 21. I often feel threatened in situations where fighting may no longer been an option. I still can purchase BB guns online, but I am wondering if I It’s a good way to scare someone or injure them temporarily if they do INDEED try to attack me.
The reason I don’t want to carry a knife per say is because I don’t want to kill anybody.

Yes, they will prob think its real if they dont know much about guns

Yes, they will prob think its real if they dont know much about guns

Yea if I could scare away without fighting that’d be even better. Saves the stress tbh.

Just use a knife

You can’t do damage with bb gun

bro just join a gang

i wouldn't

what if you draw it on someone and their gun is real. it's best to run before pulling out a weapon that can't even protect you

Last edited:
One of the first rules you learn is to never draw out a weapon first in those types of situations because the enemy will now know what you usually carry. Assume you bring in a BB gun. They run off or whatever, next day, they would be assuming it was a real gun. Bring a fucking real gun. Or next time someone fucks with you, it might be someone with a real gun. You're setting yourself up for a lottery that is bound to fail at some point. If the people who you are afraid of are some gang members, assume they could get a REAL gun.

You're setting yourself up for a lottery that is bound to fail at some point. If the people who you are afraid of are some gang members, assume they could get a REAL gun.
tbh, it's like trying to cut a tree with a toy axe

tbh, it's like trying to cut a tree with a toy axe
Honestly OP needs to just move or know his genetic place, be some NEET in his house 24/7 and stay there. It's almost as if nature itself is telling him he is not fit for life due to the fact that he is scared of even going out. I've been through it too. Our designs are just not enough to be respected in the streets. People just assume we're some disabled freaks ngl

Ive heard the gas operated ones pack a punch

Maybe, I don't know tbh

Buy the actual ones with lead pellets and not airsoft guns.
Or you can always carry a knife.

Maybe, I don't know tbh

When's the last time you had to defend yourself and what were the circumstances?

bro just join a gang
Gangs Don't have a application form which you can fill up and you then have an interview where you tell why you would like to join there gang.

90% people on this forum are aspie it's funny many still give such an advice.

Gangs Don't have a application form which you can fill up and you then have an interview where you tell why you would like to join there gang.

90% people on this forum are aspie it's funny many still give such an advice.
GO ET

Imagine being an American but you just so happen to live in a State where it's hard to buy guns jfl it's over.

No and if they see its a bb gun you will recieve a beating of a life time. Youd be better off using a striking object/ stun gun. Or learn to use your body or even more importantly avoid such situations in the first place.

You can't go ER with a BB gun

Imagine being an American but you just so happen to live in a State where it's hard to buy guns jfl it's over.

many Americans live liike this, unless you live in the south, but for many north easterners and Californians it’s hard.

Use pepper corns AS ammunition

BB gun with CO2 and BBs

I was shot by this type of BB gun one time. Sharp pain initially then it fades. So it will stun and they'll be in some pain but they'll be able to fight back when you run out of ammo or gas. If you use the pellet type air rifles that can kill small animals it would probably pierce their skin. If they have a thick jacket or multiple layers of clothing it will be less effective or not effective at all.

If you're trying to scare off people it might be illegal in your state to "brandish" a BB gun. It's specially mentioned in this Virginia law for example.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured. However, this section shall not apply to any person engaged in excusable or justifiable self-defense. Persons violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor or, if the violation occurs upon any public, private or religious elementary, middle or high school, including buildings and grounds or upon public property within 1,000 feet of such school property, he shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

B. Any police officer in the performance of his duty, in making an arrest under the provisions of this section, shall not be civilly liable in damages for injuries or death resulting to the person being arrested if he had reason to believe that the person being arrested was pointing, holding, or brandishing such firearm or air or gas operated weapon, or object that was similar in appearance, with intent to induce fear in the mind of another.

C. For purposes of this section, the word "firearm" means any weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel single or multiple projectiles by the action of an explosion of a combustible material. The word "ammunition," as used herein, shall mean a cartridge, pellet, ball, missile or projectile adapted for use in a firearm.
Imagine you're walking around with a BB gun and some guys try to fight you. You show it off to them and they get scared and go to the police saying you threatened to shoot them. They find you and shoot you dead because they all thought it was a real gun. Your family can't sue the police officer and your attackers story will be assumed to be true.

peppER spray might be better

Don't go ER with BB gun, buddy boyo

Good way to get shot with a real gun

Imagine you're walking around with a BB gun and some guys try to fight you. You show it off to them and they get scared and go to the police saying you threatened to shoot them. They find you and shoot you dead because they all thought it was a real gun. Your family can't sue the police officer and your attackers story will be assumed to be true.

Never said I cared about being killed or going to jail over a small charge like that. I just don’t want to spend a lot of time in it on one bid if anything.

Never said I cared about being killed or going to jail over a small charge like that. I just don’t want to spend a lot of time in it on one bid if anything.
dumbass you might end up paralyzed that would be terrible

Get a realistic looking airsoft gun tbh.

get a taser/stun gun

There are some fake credit cards where the corner slides off and conceals a blade

Yes. Cops will shoot first. they don't care how old you are either.

No and if they see its a bb gun you will recieve a beating of a life time. Youd be better off using a striking object/ stun gun. Or learn to use your body or even more importantly avoid such situations in the first place.
Indeed.

The thing about knife fighting is, there arr no winners. If everyone gets cut. It's more like a murder weapon. If your skilled in strike points. Anatomy.

The main idea behind a knife is, THE IDEA of its danger. It's more of a mental weapon. But ONLY IF they perceive you as serious!

The thing is... The more ABLE you are to kill, maim, injure, someone, the less likely you will have to actually do it.

It's called, "winning with your eye."

And it's in the " book of five rings " waiting for you to learn it.