Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is anyone else addicted to watching tv shows (or movies, anime, youtube, podcast or whatever) all the time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I can't stop. If I don't have a tv show (usually rewatching a sitcom I've already seen plenty of times before), I get really antsy, bored and even anxious.

I really want to stop but I can't seem to be able to. I tried many times but I just can't for some reason. Not even music is a good replacement, when I'm not watching a show it feels ... somehow "lonely" and "quiet". Those aren't the right words, but I can't think of the right words. It just feels so empty and boring and strange to be alone with my thoughts without voices from a sitcom distracting me.

Yeah I guess that's it, music allows you to think so that's why I can't even listen to that, but tv shows or whatever take just enough of your attention to inhibit any thoughts. I've been doing this for so many years now, probably a decade or more, so I can't even stop. I can't even play video games anymore, I just have to have a tv show on. Watching stuff takes a lot less energy and focus than playing video games, maybe I'm ADD cause games are too much for me nowadays, too much effort.

Which sitcoms exactly? Seinfeld and such?

Going through a bunch of youtube videos

Nope. All that normies shit bores me.

Which sitcoms exactly? Seinfeld and such?
Yeah and a bunch of others but the sitcoms themselves don't matter, it's videos in general. I'm just consuming and endless stream of it and I can't stop no matter how hard I try.

I barely even have the attention span anymore. If I watch a film all the way through it's a fully productive day. The other day I watched a film and I thought to myself that I didn't know any of the characters names (like 90 minutes into it), had to check Wikipedia to jog my memory

Not really. I can’t remember when I sat through a full TV show. Which is weird cause I can play video games all day but not this.

I totally get this. It's a nice way to distract from loneliness - you can just shut your brain off for a while and immerse yourself in a fantasy world where you don't have to think about your problems. I'm basically always watching something, whether it be Youtube or some sort of cartoon. Video games are usually unhelpful because I have to put thought into it, and thoughts inevitably lead me back to my problems.

I can't stop. If I don't have a tv show (usually rewatching a sitcom I've already seen plenty of times before), I get really antsy, bored and even anxious.

I really want to stop but I can't seem to be able to. I tried many times but I just can't for some reason. Not even music is a good replacement, when I'm not watching a show it feels ... somehow "lonely" and "quiet". Those aren't the right words, but I can't think of the right words. It just feels so empty and boring and strange to be alone with my thoughts without voices from a sitcom distracting me.

Yeah I guess that's it, music allows you to think so that's why I can't even listen to that, but tv shows or whatever take just enough of your attention to inhibit any thoughts. I've been doing this for so many years now, probably a decade or more, so I can't even stop. I can't even play video games anymore, I just have to have a tv show on. Watching stuff takes a lot less energy and focus than playing video games, maybe I'm ADD cause games are too much for me nowadays, too much effort.
I watch retro streams on twitch and asmr as gay as that is, it makes me feel mellow and relaxed.

I dont like watching shows, i feel like Im doing nothing. Would rather play videogames tbhngl

I totally get this. It's a nice way to distract from loneliness - you can just shut your brain off for a while and immerse yourself in a fantasy world where you don't have to think about your problems. I'm basically always watching something, whether it be Youtube or some sort of cartoon. Video games are usually unhelpful because I have to put thought into it, and thoughts inevitably lead me back to my problems.
Yeah, exactly, you thoroughly get it.

I have some audio-visual media on 24/7. So much so it's fucked up my vision and I had to get an eye test for prescription glasses after having 20/20 vision all my life-- keep the laptop as far away from your eyes as possible, broskis, it makes a huge difference. But yes, music doesn't do it for me. I haven't read a book in years. It gives me the illusion of not being alone and connected to something. Mostly Youtube vids as my concentration is dead, and football. Also, I stuff my face so that's a natural match.

I remember you're the dude who watches sitcoms like Frasier on loop. Check out a show called The Last Man On Earth, I'm currently rewatching it. It's dumb/cringe comedy, but has a fun concept, weirdly good production value and a male/female relationship that I, as an incel, find endearing af.

I have some audio-visual media on 24/7. So much so it's fucked up my vision and I had to get an eye test for prescription glasses after having 20/20 vision all my life-- keep the laptop as far away from your eyes as possible, broskis, it makes a huge difference. But yes, music doesn't do it for me. I haven't read a book in years. It gives me the illusion of not being alone and connected to something. Mostly Youtube vids as my concentration is dead, and football. Also, I stuff my face so that's a natural match.

I remember you're the dude who watches sitcoms like Frasier on loop. Check out a show called The Last Man On Earth, I'm currently rewatching it. It's dumb/cringe comedy, but has a fun concept, weirdly good production value and a male/female relationship that I, as an incel, find endearing af.
Yeah, you get it. I can't stop with the audio-visual media. Any idea how we can stop? It's exactly the feeling of being connected to something, that I'm not all alone and it's deadly quiet. Not even music does it for me, has to be human voices. I've tried to quit several times but I can't stop.

Yeah, you get it. I can't stop with the audio-visual media. Any idea how we can stop? It's exactly the feeling of being connected to something, that I'm not all alone and it's deadly quiet. Not even music does it for me, has to be human voices. I've tried to quit several times but I can't stop.
Treat it like any other addiction I suppose. For me it's attached to other addictions-- fapping, food and maladaptive daydreaming, and I suppose the internet in general. Being on the internet gives me the illusion of connectedness as well.

I like watching same movies again and again tbh
So that I could play the movie in my head while at work