Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Is Buddhism avaricious?

seija

seija

Autistcel & Mentalcel
-
I know that I'll get shit on for this just for the title, just hear me out. Buddhism tells others to be enlightened, being enlightened in Buddhism is having the desire for nothing. No materialistic items, no money, no women, no value, etc. But if you're so desperate to be enlightened, isn't it a form of Greed? Greed as a sin can be defined as desires for wealth, money, power, women, etc.

But it can be just more than that, Greed can be a simple desire for almost anything in the world. It can be a toy a kid wants, it could be muscles like Bodybuilders, it could be the desire to change yourself. All of these things have one thing in common, its a form of greed. But if you want to desire absolutely nothing as a mindset and a lifestyle/life choice, is it a form of Greed?

Yes it is a form of Greed because Buddhists who want to be enlightened have this desire to feel and want absolutely nothing, and once they get it the desire is no more. No more Greed, you're now truly enlightened and have no desire for anything in the world. I'm just trying to say that Buddhists can feel greed and they can have desires, their desire is to have nothing. It is a way to change themselves as an individual.

Honestly, this is just something that just came into my mind as of recently, I could be completely wrong about this. But regardless I just wanted this out of my head.

Purrre Land Buddhism is best. Desire to have cute adorable genetically engineered catgirl loli waifu for domestic ownership and enlightenment

I know that I'll get shit on for this just for the title, just hear me out. Buddhism tells others to be enlightened, being enlightened in Buddhism is having the desire for nothing. No materialistic items, no money, no women, no value, etc. But if you're so desperate to be enlightened, isn't it a form of Greed? Greed as a sin can be defined as desires for wealth, money, power, women, etc.

But it can be just more than that, Greed can be a simple desire for almost anything in the world. It can be a toy a kid wants, it could be muscles like Bodybuilders, it could be the desire to change yourself. All of these things have one thing in common, its a form of greed. But if you want to desire absolutely nothing as a mindset and a lifestyle/life choice, is it a form of Greed?

Yes it is a form of Greed because Buddhists who want to be enlightened have this desire to feel and want absolutely nothing, and once they get it the desire is no more. No more Greed, you're now truly enlightened and have no desire for anything in the world. I'm just trying to say that Buddhists can feel greed and they can have desires, their desire is to have nothing. It is a way to change themselves as an individual.

Honestly, this is just something that just came into my mind as of recently, I could be completely wrong about this. But regardless I just wanted this out of my head.
If you DESIRE to be enlghitened you never get. No one can obtain nirvana by wanting it

Good observation