Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is everything a cope?

Barnacle

Barnacle

Banned
-
Not so sure but some here have implied that basically everything that does not involve banging hot chicks is a cope. Philosophy,Science,drinking,Politics,Sports,watching movies,reading things, taking walks, studying etc.
So basically many believe that we have a darwinistic or materialistic existence where the only thing that is "real" or of any worth is copulation with genetically superior individuals.

Okay one may argue that this does not count for men who do all the thing mentioned above but still have sex regulary but I am thinking of some major high-IQ people such as Nietzsche,Tesla or Newton who never banged in their lives.

Yes including women

anything but rope is cope. I don't think cope is necessarily bad though. You need copes in order to live, especially since most people aren't mentally prepared to actually kill themselves. I love my copes such as historyceling, gameceling and such.

If you don't have the right genes, you may as well not exist, which means that everything that you do to keep living is a cope. If you pass on your genes, then everything you do is to make sure your offspring pass on their genes.

Ever notice how grandparents generally don't seem to give a fuck about parenting when it comes to their grandkids and let their kids worry about that? Yeah, that's biology saying, "your offspring has had offspring of their own. Your job is done."

If you don't have the right genes, you may as well not exist, which means that everything that you do to keep living is a cope. If you pass on your genes, then everything you do is to make sure your offspring pass on their genes.

Ever notice how grandparents generally don't seem to give a fuck about parenting when it comes to their grandkids and let their kids worry about that? Yeah, that's biology saying, "your offspring has had offspring of their own. Your job is done."
Factually you have a good point but this purely materialistic and reductionist world view may also be false in its core.

High IQ question, but when you think about it, literally everything is cope.
We live to cope, otherwise we will rope.

Yes, everything is a cope if your are not getting consistent sex/ relationships/ intimate physical contact with the opposite sex.

The only goal of a life form is to reproduce.
Everything around it is just some cope shit we invented

Factually you have a good point but this purely materialistic and reductionist world view may also be false in its core.

Why do you think it may be false?

Not so sure but some here have implied that basically everything that does not involve banging hot chicks is a cope. Philosophy,Science,drinking,Politics,Sports,watching movies,reading things, taking walks, studying etc.
So basically many believe that we have a darwinistic or materialistic existence where the only thing that is "real" or of any worth is copulation with genetically superior individuals.

Okay one may argue that this does not count for men who do all the thing mentioned above but still have sex regulary but I am thinking of some major high-IQ people such as Nietzsche,Tesla or Newton who never banged in their lives.
everything that gives a chemical cocktail of hormones in the brain is a cope. In the end hormones=existence;

so therefore existence=cope

Maybe even reproduction is cope
I mean, for us humans maybe, since we're way more complex than any life form we know of.
But after all we're just animals with self awareness, and if you paid attention in Biology you know that everything for animals revolves around continuing your genetic lineage, even if it means death for animals like male mantis or male bees.

Why do you think it may be false?
Because I don't believe in a purely materialistic non-dualistic world
everything that gives a chemical cocktail of hormones in the brain is a cope. In the end hormones=existence;

so therefore existence=cope
Same here, reductionism is just a manmade idea at the end, nothing more than religion or atleast very similiar.

Because I don't believe in a purely materialistic non-dualistic world

Neither do I. Materialism, as a philosophy, is short-sighted. However, there are plenty of naturalistic explanations for phenomena that fully suffice without any appeals to a metaontology. Sexual behavior, rooted in evolutionary biology, is one such example.

A "cope" is something you do when you're not genuinely happy. And what makes a person happy varies, that's why you have so many people here shaming other incels, calling what they like "cope." Maybe playing video games makes you genuinely happy.

Yes, welcome to spirituality.

Not everything but really few things arent

Neither do I. Materialism, as a philosophy, is short-sighted. However, there are plenty of naturalistic explanations for phenomena that fully suffice without any appeals to a metaontology. Sexual behavior, rooted in evolutionary biology, is one such example.
Okay granted as the laws of nature and physics apply in the real _materialist_ world while the "higher" world, as theoretical concept, is completely distinct from this.
Yes, welcome to spirituality.
Cope