Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is it possible to make close friends in college?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11159

Self-banned
-
It's starting to become more obvious to me how shitty my current "friends" are. Not only do I rarely ever see them and I almost never get to do fun stuff with them, they are just not nice people.
Whenever someone from our group isn't there, they are ALWAYS trash-talked. I am certain that when i'm not there, they have entire conversations about me, how I look, what I do etc.
They are the definition of toxic ( :soy::soy::soy: ) but unironically.

I want to make a lot of changes to my life. One of them is finding new friends who I can actually go out drinking with every weekend, go on holidays together etc.
Is this still possible in college or do friendships like that form in highschool and earlier?

Bro, after childhood, the only people you'll meet are friendly acquaintances. No such thing as friends after 18. People come and go but sexual experiences and money stay.

JFL if you think friendship means something.
Nothing is worth with these human beings...

Bro, after childhood, the only people you'll meet are friendly acquaintances. No such thing as friends after 18. People come and go but sexual experiences and money stay.
I have 2 close friends and i'm happy with them. The rest need to go though. Is it possible to make friendly acquaintances who I can still go out with every weekend?

If you get super lucky but most of the time no. I went to college, then university for nearly 8 years. Made a few acquaintances. This is even after I came across a group that made it a priority to help loners get friends. And I should add, it was mostly only because of that group I made the acquaintances I do have. They're good acquaintances, but idk if they're really anything close to being friends. Now that I've graduated I hardly talk to them despite my efforts to keep in touch.

No, at best you might have some guys that you talk about your classes with, but thats pretty much it.

If you find out please tell me.

I found most people in college to be extremely superficial and self-serving. Nobody ever took anything seriously or was interested in building a lasting friendship. The only thing I ever observed people talking about was passing a class, getting homework answers/cheating, casual sex, getting drunk and taking drugs, and of course making fun of people.

I tried to make friends in college, but one night when we were all hanging out they decided to make fun of me for no reason and called me a 19 year old virgin while everyone laughed at me. I had no comebacks because I was a virgin, obviously, but I was even more speechless because I was nearing 21 - I was nowhere near 19 years old.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to them immediately after that night and stopped trying to find friends in college. I think that incident actually contributed to my joining of this forum.

Is this still possible in college or do friendships like that form in highschool and earlier?
You should give it a try, because I didn't. After high school I basically said that I only wanted superficial connections with others to avoid being disappointed after having seen all that shit before. I have met better people in college, which doesn't mean much because most people prior to college just used/insulted/beat me (with maybe one exception).

I have started to help people out in college at first and some of them (mostly male) were very thankful for that. But something deeper never happened. One guy once wanted to invite me to his house for private stuff, but I declined, another one told me that I should visit a dance club and learn dancing to meet others with him, but I also declined, because what bluepilled advice is that (the same advice was given to me by my parents once, "learn dancing, then you will find a girl, son!" :soy:).

I only once visited someone at his house, because my colleague wanted me to help him teach that person. I have now reached the point where I unironically feel better alone than with others. I only visited one party in the first few weeks of my studies, but there I heard a girl that was much younger than me talking about how often she had anal sex and I wanted to die inside; they played a stupid game where each one had to say some sex act he did. I drank far more than usual and was nearly unable to move, maybe some of the people were even concerned even because a dead sperg could mean a shittier party; I have alcohol problems (I get drunk easily), but this night I drank an uncountable amount of beer, vodka and other drinks. I just didn't give a fuck. First/only time I visited a party.

Except my high school prom which was useless anyways, two sluts and two boys who humiliated me wanted to make a picture with me there for fun, I had nobody to talk to (except my only friend who I met in elementary school) and I only stayed till my parents were ready to take me home and afterwards played vidya. A girl told me that I would one day make a woman very lucky, which means that she wanted a guy who had the same personality, but was more beautiful than me. I was also listed as one of the most likely candidates to never get a GF in my school year book.

Last edited:
I never tried making friends in college

I'd say it's probably your last chance to make meaningful friendships. Not that I would know

Bro, after childhood, the only people you'll meet are friendly acquaintances. No such thing as friends after 18.
Cope

I found most people in college to be extremely superficial and self-serving. Nobody ever took anything seriously or was interested in building a lasting friendship. The only thing I ever observed people talking about was passing a class, getting homework answers/cheating, casual sex, getting drunk and taking drugs, and of course making fun of people.

I tried to make friends in college, but one night when we were all hanging out they decided to make fun of me for no reason and called me a 19 year old virgin while everyone laughed at me. I had no comebacks because I was a virgin, obviously, but I was even more speechless because I was nearing 21 - I was nowhere near 19 years old.

Needless to say, I stopped talking to them immediately after that night and stopped trying to find friends in college. I think that incident actually contributed to my joining of this forum.
Absolutely brutal Brocel. How did they know ur were virgin? Did you tell? Did they simply notice you never were with girls? Or did they assume because ur ugly?

Absolutely brutal Brocel. How did they know ur were virgin? Did you tell? Did they simply notice you never were with girls? Or did they assume because ur ugly?
Of course I never told them - it was completely obvious by how much of a nervous, ugly sperg I was. On campus, I was always alone between classes, never even with friends or acquaintances. I always sat by myself in class until those people showed up, and not by choice - most people just avoided me for no reason. And the fact that I had no comeback other than to sit there like a speechless dumbass confirmed their accusations anyway.

Possible I guess

Yes but I couldnt do it