Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is Russian the hardest modern European Language?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
Any Slavcels wanna share?

I was looking at GRE scores and it seems people who majored in Russian seem to outperform every other language major except ancient Greek and Latin.

Redpill me on this language? What makes it so tough?

Finlando is harder i think

Maybe the scores are high because of the quantitative section? People these countries invested a lot in math

Nope, it's the Hungarian language.

Depends how you measure language complexity.
Some languages have hard pronunciation (vietnamese, chinese, arabic)
Some have hard writing system (arabic, chinese)
Some have inconsistent spelling (English, French)
Some have complex grammar where you need to know a lot of things just to form simple sentences (Finnish, Hungarian)

Of slavic languages, Russian is definitely not the hardest. Czech language has more grammatical cases (7 instead of russian's 6). Polish has 5 grammatical genders (russian has 3, just like german. Romance languages (spanish, italian, french) have just two)

Also people saying Finnish is the hardest language might be wrong. Sure, the grammar is difficult (15 official grammatical cases but there are actually more). You need to know a lot more than to just put words together (like in English). But the writing system, spelling, pronunciation are all extremely easy. If you know how to spell a word, you know how to pronounce it. If you know how to pronounce a word, you always know how to spell it.

depends on what language they speak previously

Depends how you measure language complexity.
Some languages have hard pronunciation (vietnamese, chinese, arabic)
Some have hard writing system (arabic, chinese)
Some have inconsistent spelling (English, French)
Some have complex grammar where you need to know a lot of things just to form simple sentences (Finnish, Hungarian)

Of slavic languages, Russian is definitely not the hardest. Czech language has more grammatical cases (7 instead of russian's 6). Polish has 5 grammatical genders (russian has 3, just like german. Romance languages (spanish, italian, french) have just two)

Also people saying Finnish is the hardest language might be wrong. Sure, the grammar is difficult (15 official grammatical cases but there are actually more). You need to know a lot more than to just put words together (like in English). But the writing system, spelling, pronunciation are all extremely easy. If you know how to spell a word, you know how to pronounce it. If you know how to pronounce a word, you always know how to spell it.
galactic IQ when it comes to languages

I have no clue of the language but as far as i know icelandic is very hard

@FinnCel every language is hard ngl
Language being hard just means it's very different from languages you already know
full

I have no clue of the language but as far as i know icelandic is very hard
Icelandic is pretty easy for speakers of germanic languages. Especially Germans because the grammar is so similar