Issue with text-formatting

Ethnic Natsoc

Ethnic Natsoc

IQ: 160
-
Sometimes I try to add formatting to a certain word and then it fucks up the entire text. So, for example, I select a certain word and try to make it bold and then it ends up making the entire thread bold.

RegisterUserName

RegisterUserName

High Velocity Antagonist
-
Incellectual

Incellectual

feminae stultae sunt | 5'3 goblin-manlet
-
Lux

Lux

Paradise Lost
-
Text formatting is simple, but why complain? Write is for profissional typographers, not kidding; bold, overrated and simply esquisite, you know? just try to ask them, bundy or WHATEVER, like the poster who was banned latter in the day; but forget what i wrote here, is nothing tbh, whatevER

needsolution

needsolution

Working hours: 7-18
-
WawelDragon1683

WawelDragon1683

I will wageslave 'till death
-
Free @Insomniac The forum feels empty without him.

RageAgainstTDL

RageAgainstTDL

‌Rage, Rage Against the Dying of the Light
-
Yes this is an issue. I was gonna make a post about it as well but I was procrastinating.

Say for example, in this post. I am typing this completely plain text. At the end, I will triple click to select this whole paragraph and bold it. Then everything after will become bold. You can see in the code in more complex situations (eg. with URLs) it is adding all sorts of extra formatting tags. It is hard to provoke sometimes but can be reliably provoked this way.

This paragraph should not be bold as I am not bolding it, but it will become bold because of the glitch. @SergeantIncel @Master

SergeantIncel

SergeantIncel

Admincel
-
Yes this is an issue. I was gonna make a post about it as well but I was procrastinating.

Say for example, in this post. I am typing this completely plain text. At the end, I will triple click to select this whole paragraph and bold it. Then everything after will become bold. You can see in the code in more complex situations (eg. with URLs) it is adding all sorts of extra formatting tags. It is hard to provoke sometimes but can be reliably provoked this way.

This paragraph should not be bold as I am not bolding it, but it will become bold because of the glitch. @SergeantIncel @Master
This behavior got changed sometime during one of the forum upgrades, sadly it's out of my power to change it, or at least I have no idea where I could even start.

Master

Master

Mod
-
This behavior got changed sometime during one of the forum upgrades, sadly it's out of my power to change it, or at least I have no idea where I could even start.
I'll look into it.

RageAgainstTDL

RageAgainstTDL

‌Rage, Rage Against the Dying of the Light
-
Oh. Found this:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/firefox-editor-applies-formatting-not-only-to-selected-paragraph.167733/

Seems to be a Firefox related bug from what they're saying there. I am using Firefox so that fits. I'm not sure if any of the suggestions in that thread are relevant. Seems like they are aware of it anyway so might get fixed on next update.

Ethnic Natsoc

Ethnic Natsoc

IQ: 160
-
Thanks for clarifying.

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Biological Failure
-
Not open for further replies.

MarriedAndLookin4Fun

MarriedAndLookin4Fun