Serious It is Torah

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Neurodivergent intersectional axis
★★★★★
174d 10h 0m
People with high-functioning autism are typically devoted to routines. They may stick with routines developed for them by others, such as defecating on a north-south axis or laying underneath their master's bed and hearing him have intercourse with his wife.

It was taught in a baraita in tractate Derekh Eretz that Rabbi Akiva said: I once entered the bathroom after my teacher Rabbi Yehoshua, and I learned three things from observing his behavior: I learned that one should not defecate while facing east and west, but rather while facing north and south; I learned that one should not uncover himself while standing, but while sitting, in the interest of modesty; and I learned that one should not wipe with his right hand, but with his left. Ben Azzai, a student of Rabbi Akiva, said to him: You were impertinent to your teacher to that extent that you observed that much? He replied: It is Torah, and I must learn.
On a similar note, the Gemara relates that Rav Kahana entered and lay beneath Rav’s bed. He heard Rav chatting and laughing with his wife, and seeing to his needs, i.e., having relations with her. Rav Kahana said to Rav: The mouth of Abba, Rav, is like one whom has never eaten a cooked dish, i.e., his behavior was lustful. Rav said to him: Kahana, you are here? Leave, as this is an undesirable mode of behavior. Rav Kahana said to him: It is Torah, and I must learn.

Last edited:
Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Neurodivergent intersectional axis
★★★★★
174d 10h 0m
People with Asperger's Syndrome typically make bold random sections of their text:

Like Talmud, like @BlkPillPres :feelsthink:

crestfallencel

crestfallencel

Overlord
★★★★★
70d 20h 41m
just watch a rabbi take a shit theory