Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious It’s been 2 years since I’ve last seen my own reflection and I’ve forgotten what I look like

• Thread starter Ironicallyhandsomcel
  • Start date
I

Ironicallyhandsomcel

Recruit
★★★
How do you guys feel about seeing your own reflection? Has anyone else just stopped looking at themselves altogether? General thoughts on the topic?

what the actual fuck? do you not have like a phone or mirror or any other reflective surfaces in your house?

what the actual fuck? do you not have like a phone or mirror or any other reflective surfaces in your house?
Yeah I don't believe this

I avoid my reflection like it’s the fucking plague. It’s not that hard and makes life a lot easier to go through.

I'm the opposite. I'm so close to both passable and subhuman that I stare at myself all the time. I swear to god my face changes week to week.

I also lurked lookism a lot so I'm scarred from that. I shit you not one time I considered putting a pic of myself on paint and drawing lines for my jaw, eyebrow angle, canthal tilt, etc. Glad I'm past that.

Lucky, the thought of seeing my face and looking at what I have become is unbridled suifuel to me :feelsrope:

I think you're trolling. It's kind of impossible not to see it unless you've created a very unique environment for yourself and get everything ordered to your house and tore down all mirrors. If you go anywhere outside to buy something then you're bound to see it

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

How do you guys feel about seeing your own reflection? Has anyone else just stopped looking at themselves altogether? General thoughts on the topic?
I do the same shit. Haven't seen my proper reflection in a mirror since christmas break last year.
Seeing even a glance of my reflection from a surface ruins my day.

I think you're trolling. It's kind of impossible not to see it unless you've created a very unique environment for yourself and get everything ordered to your house and tore down all mirrors. If you go anywhere outside to buy something then you're bound to see it
Who Said I have to look into mirrors?
I do the same shit. Haven't seen my proper reflection in a mirror since christmas break last year.
Seeing even a glance of my reflection from a surface ruins my day.
I was at Alcatraz one summer and while I was in the prison, I looked up and accidentally glanced into a random mirror and saw my entire face. Instant depression. Ruined my fucking vacation.

I'm the opposite. I'm so close to both passable and subhuman that I stare at myself all the time. I swear to god my face changes week to week.

I also lurked lookism a lot so I'm scarred from that. I shit you not one time I considered putting a pic of myself on paint and drawing lines for my jaw, eyebrow angle, canthal tilt, etc. Glad I'm past that.
Wow. I'm the exact same, word for word. I've even done the paint thing.

I never look in a mirror or any reflective surfaces

I use front cam to check how I look and thats that

Plus mirrors are fucking weird anyway, the further you get away from them the fucking odder you look.

Do you shave?
I get my brother to shave my face LOL. He doesn’t even realize how fucked up I am. He just thinks It’s a running joke when I ask him to “shape me up” and goes with it.

I don't think it would help me a lot. I like looking at myself. There are some traits I cherish among the undeniably subpar-looking ones.

giphy.gif

When you brush your teeth / take a shower you must pass through a room with a mirror in it..

giphy.gif

When you brush your teeth / take a shower you must pass through a room with a mirror in it..
I brush my teeth while I shower, and after I’m done, the mirror is usually fogged up so I wipe a clear spot just for my hair, and sometimes I don’t even do my hair. I just pat it dry with a towel, push all my hair to the back of my head and put on a hat if I need to go out
I don't think it would help me a lot. I like looking at myself. There are some traits I cherish among the undeniably subpar-looking ones.
Like what?

Do you ask your barber to take down the mirrors when you visit or what? JFL.

My mom is a hairstylist and she cuts my hair in the backyard without using a mirror. But right now I’m growing my hair out.

No I have to face reality and come to terms with it

Fuck off please

Im exactly like OP but my dad cuts my hair

Going to a barber later on in life will be the MOST potent suicidefuel ever

Id close my eyes the entire time and then get the living fuck out

Fuck off please

Im exactly like OP but my dad cuts my hair

Going to a barber later on in life will be the MOST potent suicidefuel ever

Id close my eyes the entire time and then get the living fuck out
LOL, that’s what I did the one time I actually went to a barber. You have no idea how uncomfortable I got when he handed me a mirror and asked “how does it look?”

LOL, that’s what I did the one time I actually went to a barber. You have no idea how uncomfortable I got when he handed me a mirror and asked “how does it look?”

Its over for us lol

Even my friend said barbershops here have like 40 mirrors around and theyre all big and hard to avoid, you'll still see yourself in your peripheral vision

This is so funny, coming up with an unusual explanation for every question asked.
In reality, it's just your brain trying to deny the subhuman. Happens often to me, too.

Last edited:
This is so funny, coming up with an unusual explanation for every question asked. I can't even tell if you're trolling or actually legit.
>When you’re so fucked up even incels think you’re a weirdo/trolling.
:feelsrope:

For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass.

I'm sorry man, it just seems so unusual for somebody to go to such lengths to not see their reflection, and that's coming from a fuck up like myself, too.

For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass.
Oof, I felt that.
I'm sorry man, it just seems so unusual for somebody to go to such lengths to not see their reflection, and that's coming from a fuck up like myself, too.
It’s cool, I’m pretty self aware about how autistic I sound, but every bit of it is true haha.

Last edited:
Unless you stay only at home for two years and have taken all the necessary steps to not see your reflection, I find it very difficult to believe man

Unless you stay only at home for two years and have taken all the necessary steps to not see your reflection, I find it very difficult to believe man
Obviously I sometimes catch glimpses of my reflection, but I usually turn away fast enough as to not absorb the image.

Obviously I sometimes catch glimpses of my reflection, but I usually turn away fast enough as to not absorb the image.
So the true statement is that you have avoided looking at your reflexes, I try not to look too bro, once I looked in the reflection of the bus window to see how my hair was that day and a woman next to me started laughing with the hands covering her face like she was thinking " lol why this ugly fucker care"

So the true statement is that you have avoided looking at your reflexes, I try not to look too bro, once I looked in the reflection of the bus window to see how my hair was that day and a woman next to me started laughing with the hands covering her face like she was thinking " lol why this ugly fucker care"
Iol, we’ll see who’s laughing after the used up roastie gets what coming to hER.