Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's stupid, but I want your opinion.

B

BottleFly

Greycel
I never want to say "that sucks" when people talk about their problems. So I used to say "I'm sorry." but then people would always go on about how "it's not my fault." I switched to saying "My condolences" or "That's unfortunate," but I feel I now sound pretentious. I feel like I can't win in social situations. I'm very socially anxious, if you couldn't tell.

I have no idea bro. I always say something really rude without realizing it.

Just try your best to avoid talking to people tbh.

I never want to say "that sucks" when people talk about their problems. So I used to say "I'm sorry." but then people would always go on about how "it's not my fault." I switched to saying "My condolences" or "That's unfortunate," but I feel I now sound pretentious. I feel like I can't win in social situations. I'm very socially anxious, if you couldn't tell.
Keep trying to socialize till you become better at it

My condolences is a very good word someone just used it on me, lifefuel tbh.

You weren't "losing" when you said "I'm sorry."

Just don't answer. Stand there and thats all.

I say "I'm sorry to hear that" or something. If you feel like you're losing in a power struggle conversation, that will be neutral, compared to the "weakness" of just "I'm sorry" and still being polite.
Often, though, just saying "I'm sorry" is completely fine though, and it's kind of empty conversation when they say "it's not your fault"; they obviously don't think it's your fault but it's just necessary talk, like "hi how are you" and they'll say "I'm good thanks how about you".

It depends on the context of the conversation and who you are speaking to IMO. But maybe you are overthinking it.

I just reply with "damn".

Your friends open up to you about their problems, what's there to win? Just listen and try to cheer them up when they're finished.

My life is so fucked, I honestly can't take normies with normie problems serious anymore.

I think you should stick with "I'm sorry"
because even if they reply with "it's not my fault." they will still think you care about them.

Other than that you are way too high inhib if you actually made a thread about this bothering you.

Why can't you just say "that sucks"?

Why can't you just say "that sucks"?

Just say nod your head and say hmhhmmh

sorry to hear that

Just respond with an elipsis like i do. If you have nothing of value to say...don't say anything at all

Stare them down instead.