Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I've literally been browsing steam sales for many hours a day for the past week, to find just 1 freaking game to buy. None interest me.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I pirate most games. But multiplayer games can't be pirated. So I wanted to buy a multiplayer game.

I saved up a bit of money so I wanted to spend it on a freaking game, but I just can't find any good enough for my money. Hell, even if I got them for free, I'm not sure I'd get any. Maybe civ 6 but if I really wanted that I'd pirate it and just play singleplayer, why waste money just for multiplayer when I'll probably get tired of it in 30 minutes like with most other games.

Idk, maybe I just grew out of games after playing so many of them. I wish I didn't, I already have anhedonia and I enjoy nothing in life, games were like one of the few activities that I still did, even if without too much interest.

Last edited:
What's this said game?

What's this said game?
No man, that's the thing, there isn't a game. I have the money I just can't find a game to play lol, they all bore me.

Ah, the youthful joy of waiting for the slow-ass pc to install my new video game. Those days are gone. I will never feel that kind of excitement again.

Ah, the youthful joy of waiting for the slow-ass pc to install my new video game. Those days are gone. I will never feel that kind of excitement again.
Yep, now it all looks the same. I seem to have played everything that might've interested me.

We need new cope.
Video games were perfect in the sense that my easily bored ass could engage in this activity for periods longer than a few minutes cause you're constantly bombarded with dopamine. My low attention span didn't matter cause the activity is designed to keep you playing. There were clear goals, both long-term and short-term. There is a sense of progress and it felt like you got something done without spending too much energy.

I really tried to find something else to interest me, but I just couldn't. I wish more activities were like video games.

Just play apex legends.

I don’t have steam because i know id run into this same problem

Up until a few months ago I was completing a new game every 3 days. Don't have any motivation to even play right now.

Man I know right :feelsseriously::feelsseriously::feelsseriously:

the only type of games I used to play were CRPG, and almost no one makes them in 2020. The ones that do come out are usually not to my taste either visually or gameplay-wise. I literally switched to mobile gaming.

Same here, I have trouble getting into new things. I am just going back to the franchises I liked back before college. I am also playing less video games in general and I’m reading and programming more often. Idk, maybe this is some subconscious coping mechanism where I deprive myself of my usual copes so I won’t be nostalgic for these times in 5 years.

Yep, now it all looks the same. I seem to have played everything that might've interested me.
I doubt that. There are so many different types of games out there. Just pick one and try, even if it doesnt quite interest you at first. You may surprisingly end up with something that you can actually cope with.

But if gaming is not interesting anymore, i would find a separate cope and take a break from gaming altogether. Atleast for a little while before you return back to it.

Tbh same, I am only seeing loads of uninteresting, generic multiplayer type games and a lack of any interesting simulation games.

Have you played DinoRun? I bought the game recently because I was looking for something to buy for the Steam Summer sale. Usually it costs $5 but right now it costs $2.

Not a fan of multiplayer games tbh

Thanks for the pointer, but I already know that site well. Only problem is I can’t really enjoy any of those games tbh. I’d download and play them for an hour or so, get bored and just drop them.
You get to 1 hour? Most of the time I can't get 5 minutes out of the game. Even with games that are supposed to be good like Sekiro (that one had shit controls on m/kb).

You get to 1 hour? Most of the time I can't get 5 minutes out of the game.
Well, previously I was able to sink countless hours in pretty much every game I’d play. Damn that’s brutal if you can only get 5 minutes out of it, man.

Well, previously I was able to sink countless hours in pretty much every game I’d play. Damn that’s brutal if you can only get 5 minutes out of it, man.
I mean, every few months I might find one game to really hook me in. But it's usually something that I've enjoyed in the past already. For example, I played Slay the Spire more than a year ago and I loved it, and now I've sunk like 30 hours into it again over a few days. Factorio is also good, I've been meaning to continue playing it but it's a bit mentally draining so I've postponed playing it for like 1 month now. Rimworld is good too, but it's the same deal as Factorio.

Buy Hades from supergiant, easily the best game I've played in over a year and I have like 500 games in ny steam library alone.

Buy Hades from supergiant, easily the best game I've played in over a year and I have like 500 games in ny steam library alone.
It's single player though, I can just pirate it. Although I played it and uninstalled it. I have to say, it was a good game since it was able to prevent being uninstalled for at least an hour, that's quite a feat. I think I have played like 2 hours of it.

It's single player though, I can just pirate it. Although I played it and uninstalled it. I have to say, it was a good game since it was able to prevent being uninstalled for at least an hour, that's quite a feat. I think I have played like 2 hours of it.

I would highly recommend reinstalling and trying it again. It started off a little slow for me too but once you hit the 3-5 hour mark it really takes off, it has an incredibly well done feedback-loop and you are constantly working towards unlocking new weapons/abilities and experimenting with new builds.

I have the same problem as you with not liking any games, the only games that I actually got hooked by and played 100+ hours (and I play/pirate everything there is) in the last year were Hades and Remnant: from the ashes.

Last edited:
Yeah I have the same problem too, most games are soulless cash grabs nowadays and they are all copys of eachother.

you could try valorant though, its not great but its decent.

Yeah I have the same problem too, most games are soulless cash grabs nowadays and they are all copys of eachother.

you could try valorant though, its not great but its decent.
I will never install Valorant because of the whole kernel access thing.

Plus I paid real money for Overwatch like the moron that I am (it's one of the handful of games I actually paid money for), so I guess if I wanted to play a shooter with powers again I'd just play that.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/g2zu1c/why_valorants_vanguard_anticheat_has_to_be/

I will never install Valorant because of the whole kernel access thing.
That's understandable, I didn't want to install it either because of that but I was so bored and desperate for a new game that I just did it.

Same. So bored with life
bought a 8 dollar game just cuz it was on sale and cheap but as soon as i installed i knew i wouldnt play it.
i hate myself

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back