Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Jesus in the old testament

FlamingCel

FlamingCel

Luminary
★★★★★
Proverbs 30
I am weary, O God,
and worn out.a
2Surely I am the most ignorant of men,
and I lack the understanding of a man.
3I have not learned wisdom,
and I have no knowledge of the Holy One.
4Who has ascended to heaven and come down?
Who has gathered the wind in His hands?
Who has bound up the waters in His cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is the name of His Son
surely you know!

Luke 10
18So He told them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

This is new testament but shows that jesus was here since the beginning

Joshua 5
13Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in His hand. Joshua approached Him and asked, “Are You for us or for our enemies?”
14“Neither,” He replied. “I have now come as Commander of the LORD’s army.”
Then Joshua fell facedown in reverencef and asked Him, “What does my Lord have to say to His servant?”
15The Commander of the LORD’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.”
And Joshua did so.

Michael is the commander but even he would have told joshua to not worship him

Revelation 22
6Then the angel said to me, “These words are faithful and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His angel to show His servants what must soona take place.”
7“Behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of prophecy in this book.b”
8And I am John, who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had shown me these things. 9But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”
Screenshot 20201029 111937 YouTube

Screenshot 20201029 111900 YouTube

I imagine the Jews are surprised by that?

@kikecel
@Uglymuggly
@The Abyss
@HidekiTojota
@ItsNotADream
@RREEEEEEEEE
@BabyFuck McGirlsex
@Hate_my_life
@Incellectual
@epillepsy
@LastGerman
@mänline
@Copexodius Maximus
@werty1457
@Billowel
@Mainländer
@Fat Link
@Capable_Onion
@Mecoja
@2Headpats4You
@Forum_User_2345

The Proverbs verse is the most convincing.

@kikecel
@Uglymuggly
@The Abyss
@HidekiTojota
@ItsNotADream
@RREEEEEEEEE
@BabyFuck McGirlsex
@Hate_my_life
@Incellectual
@epillepsy
@LastGerman
@mänline
@Copexodius Maximus
@werty1457
@Billowel
@Mainländer
@Fat Link
@Capable_Onion
@Mecoja
@2Headpats4You
@Forum_User_2345
2A8F8A17 658D 48B0 93CF DA1EDD3B0776

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is enough to know Jesus was there at the beginning of world creation because Jesus was called the Word many times.

Jesus is God and God is Jesus and also Holy Spirit, they all are parts of one God that exist without beginning and without end.

@kikecel
@Uglymuggly
@The Abyss
@HidekiTojota
@ItsNotADream
@RREEEEEEEEE
@BabyFuck McGirlsex
@Hate_my_life
@Incellectual
@epillepsy
@LastGerman
@mänline
@Copexodius Maximus
@werty1457
@Billowel
@Mainländer
@Fat Link
@Capable_Onion
@Mecoja
@2Headpats4You
@Forum_User_2345
Jfl.

Proverbs 30
I am weary, O God,
and worn out.a
surely you know!

Luke 10

Joshua 5
13Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in His hand. Joshua approached Him and asked, “Are You for us or for our enemies?”
Then Joshua fell facedown in reverencef and asked Him, “What does my Lord have to say to His servant?”
15The Commander of the LORD’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.”
And Joshua did so.

Revelation 22
6Then the angel said to me, “These words are faithful and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His angel to show His servants what must soona take place.”
7“Behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of prophecy in this book.b”
8And I am John, who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had shown me these things. 9But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”
View attachment 364265
View attachment 364266

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is enough to know Jesus was there at the beginning of world creation because Jesus was called the Word many times.

Jesus is God and God is Jesus and also Holy Spirit, they all are parts of one God that exist without beginning and without end.
This.

I've been asked many times, "but how can Jesus be God?". As in the bible there's the following verses:

On the cross:
"Father forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34)
"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt 27:46, Mark 15:34)
"Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit" (Luke 23:46)
"It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God." (Luke 6:12)
"Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matt 26:53)

Who was Jesus praying to if he is God? Why would Jesus pray to "himself"?

Also:
" Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. " (Romans 8:34)
" If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. " (Colossians 3:1)
" Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. " (Hebrews 12:2)

Further verses showing that Jesus and God in my human understanding are seperate.
I've had discussions with many Jehovah's Witnesses trying to make me doubt the legitimacy of the trinity and despite my stumbles, I do further research and my belief in the Holy Trinity grows stronger.

My conclusion:
Our Human understanding doesn't allow us to conceive concepts like the trinity. Think about this for a minute.
When someone's heart stops beating for a prolonged period of time. What do you assume? They're dead.

The Story of Lazarus (John 11:1-44)

" Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha..... So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days....After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”

His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep...

.... On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days....

Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask......

Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again..... Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Martha's Logic was correct. For 4 days there had been no sign of life in Lazarus, thus he would be medically classed as DEAD. I don't think there has ever been a time within the past 9 centuries where someone has had no signs of life (heart stops beating, brain stops working) and with no support they return to life in 4 days. Impossible.
The point I'm trying to make is the laws. Our laws. Don't apply to Jesus/God. The subject of "morality" (Why does God let people with Cancer die?), this is projection of finite human understanding on an infinite all-knowing being hence why "analogies" trying to explain aspects of a Holy God just won't work.

Only GOD himself can give us analogies to describe himself, not the other way around.

I like the Lord of the Rings myself.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtQB2PEta0

That actually makes more sense than the Bible because the world was created by a collection of gods but one of them 'went a bit funny' and did a bit of dubstep when they were singing the universe into existence. So I could believe that quite easily, takes care of the problem of evil.

@kikecel
@Uglymuggly
@The Abyss
@HidekiTojota
@ItsNotADream
@RREEEEEEEEE
@BabyFuck McGirlsex
@Hate_my_life
@Incellectual
@epillepsy
@LastGerman
@mänline
@Copexodius Maximus
@werty1457
@Billowel
@Mainländer
@Fat Link
@Capable_Onion
@Mecoja
@2Headpats4You
@Forum_User_2345
I dont believe in the bible or the old testament tbh

Do you believe in a god
Not really. I am not a hardcore atheist or anything but I've encountered 0 proof in my life so I don't currently believe in one, at least not in the abrahamic sense. I studied the bible and the history of the bible for a little and didn't find it particularly moving either. I'm an agnostic mostly, though I lean more towards polytheism than monotheism if I had to choose between how it works if God(s) in fact do exist. Currently however I doubt it and my gut tells me its all cope.

מה זה החרא הזה

May I add something, but I am too tired now.

[Austin:] The first thing I want to be done, is to get that piece of crap out of my ring. Don't just get him out of the ring, get him out of the WWF because I've proved son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn’t get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16…
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Just came back from homeless outreach and preaching God is good We sowed many seeds Amen

If you interested in Jesus resurrection google Gary Habermas lecture. Pretty good stuff.

Proverbs 30
I am weary, O God,
and worn out.a
surely you know!

Luke 10

Joshua 5
And Joshua did so.

Revelation 22
View attachment 364265
View attachment 364266
Jesus is the way the truth and the light - instead of worrying aBout foids and inceldom, lets dedicate our lives to a higher cause : lets live for the Glory of God and follow the teachings of Christ. Amen

For a minute i thought the post was titled

Jesus in the old basement

THAT is pretty funny tbh

This.

I've been asked many times, "but how can Jesus be God?". As in the bible there's the following verses:

On the cross:
"Father forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34)
"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt 27:46, Mark 15:34)
"Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit" (Luke 23:46)
"It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God." (Luke 6:12)
"Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matt 26:53)

Who was Jesus praying to if he is God? Why would Jesus pray to "himself"?

Also:
" Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. " (Romans 8:34)
" If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. " (Colossians 3:1)
" Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. " (Hebrews 12:2)

Further verses showing that Jesus and God in my human understanding are seperate.
I've had discussions with many Jehovah's Witnesses trying to make me doubt the legitimacy of the trinity and despite my stumbles, I do further research and my belief in the Holy Trinity grows stronger.

My conclusion:
Our Human understanding doesn't allow us to conceive concepts like the trinity. Think about this for a minute.
When someone's heart stops beating for a prolonged period of time. What do you assume? They're dead.

The Story of Lazarus (John 11:1-44)

" Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha..... So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days....After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”

His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep...

.... On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days....

Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask......

Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again..... Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Martha's Logic was correct. For 4 days there had been no sign of life in Lazarus, thus he would be medically classed as DEAD. I don't think there has ever been a time within the past 9 centuries where someone has had no signs of life (heart stops beating, brain stops working) and with no support they return to life in 4 days. Impossible.
The point I'm trying to make is the laws. Our laws. Don't apply to Jesus/God. The subject of "morality" (Why does God let people with Cancer die?), this is projection of finite human understanding on an infinite all-knowing being hence why "analogies" trying to explain aspects of a Holy God just won't work.

Only GOD himself can give us analogies to describe himself, not the other way around.
Amen

Amen, brother! I too believe the best way for us Christians to read the old testament is having Jesus in mind and looking for Him there. He is there in many parts indeed.

like when Nick Fury showed up in Iron Man movie

Proverbs 30
I am weary, O God,
and worn out.a
surely you know!

Luke 10

Joshua 5
And Joshua did so.

Revelation 22
View attachment 364265
View attachment 364266
@Copexodius Maximus @kikecel
Set this foo straight.

John 10:9
"I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture."

Amen.

@Copexodius Maximus @kikecel
Set this foo straight.
JFL, seems someone is making some bible thread every week and somehow I get pinged all the time.
If you worship Jesus, who was a human, it is blasphemy.
If you think he was the messiah but not God like Muslims do, then you're probably safe.

JFL, seems someone is making some bible thread every week and somehow I get pinged all the time.
Because OP posted about the Old Testament. Which as you know is Jewish. And you are Jewish.

Because OP posted about the Old Testament. Which as you know is Jewish. And you are Jewish.
Technically, the Old Testament and the Jewish Hebrew Bible are not the same. There are some different chapters added in the Old testament, and other removed as far as I know.

Technically, the Old Testament and the Jewish Hebrew Bible are not the same. There are some different chapters added in the Old testament, and other removed as far as I know.
I see. But mostly the Old Testament as it is in Christianity is similar to the Torah right? There's a lot of speculation among people that aren't Jewish that the Talmud (that privileges jews over goys) is part of the Jewish Hebrew Bible @Fat Link

I see. But mostly the Old Testament as it is in Christianity is similar to the Torah right? There's a lot of speculation among people that aren't Jewish that the Talmud (that privileges jews over goys) is part of the Jewish Hebrew Bible @Fat Link
Torah is the first 5 books in the Old Testament and the Hebrew Bible. Those are the same. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers.

The Talmud isn't part of the Hebrew Bible, it is a completely different text.

Torah is the first 5 books in the Old Testament and the Hebrew Bible. Those are the same. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers.
Then how exactly is the Old Testament different than the Hebrew Bible? Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy and Numbers are all books in the Christian Old Testament.
The Talmud isn't part of the Hebrew Bible, it is a completely different text.
Why is the talmud not part of the Hebrew Bible? Secrecy? Just convention in the way religious texts in Judaism were written?

This thread makes me feel extremely small and ignorant, I obviously have a long way to go before I can ever call myself "Christian"

The internet has swallowed me up whole boyos, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get out

This thread makes me feel extremely small and ignorant, I obviously have a long way to go before I can ever call myself "Christian"

The internet has swallowed me up whole boyos, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get out
John 8
56Your father Abraham was overjoyed that he would see My day, and he saw it and rejoiced.” 57So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?” 58Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM

John 1
29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30He is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘A man is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.

Hebrew Bible = Old Testament

There are many canons. Protestants and Jews have the same canon. Catholics, Orthodox etc. recognize additional books as a part of canon.
It's a bit confusing to understand imo.
Because it's not a sacred book. It's commentary, guide. Catholic (but very remote) equivalent would be the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
I see

Question, in Christianity what would happen when Jesus come back?
Luke 21
there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. 26People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then everyone will see the Son of Mane coming on a cloud with power and great glory.28So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!”

pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”

If you worship Jesus, who was a human, it is blasphemy.
If you think he was the messiah but not God like Muslims do, then you're probably safe.
Do you think jesus was alive during the days of adam eve

And then all the believers will follow jesus, right?
13And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand were killed in the quake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

So yes they will believe from fear

John 10:9
"I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture."

Amen.
Amen

Psalm 110
1 Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.

Mathew 22
41Then, surrounded by the Pharisees, Jesus asked them a question: 42“What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
They replied, “He is the son of David.”
43Jesus responded, “Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Spirit, call the Messiah ‘my Lord’? For David said,
44‘The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit in the place of honor at my right hand
until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.’
45Since David called the Messiah ‘my Lord,’ how can the Messiah be his son?”
46No one could answer him. And after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.

old testament god was based af.
the world needs a reset rn.
another flood pls, god?

Psalm 2
4But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
The Lord scoffs at them.
5Then in anger he rebukes them,
terrifying them with his fierce fury.
6For the Lord declares, “I have placed my chosen king on the throne
in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain.”
7The king proclaims the LORD’s decree:
“The LORD said to me, ‘You are my son.
Today I have become your Father.

8Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance,
the whole earth as your possession.
9You will break them with an iron rod
and smash them like clay pots.’”
10Now then, you kings, act wisely!
Be warned, you rulers of the earth!
11Serve the LORD with reverent fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
12Submit to God’s royal son, or he will become angry,
and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—
for his anger flares up in an instant.
But what joy for all who take refuge in him!

Last edited:
Apparently he was an ugly bastard so modern depictions of him are based on that Borgias son, a Chad looking god is more likely to get followers than the facts.

Daniel 3
24Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?”

They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”
25He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

Daniel 3
24Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?”

They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”
25He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”