Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Life sucks

• Thread starter Deleted member 195
  • Start date
Deleted member 195

Deleted member 195

Self-banned
-
So I just figured out the primary source of my happiness is a "disorder" that I've been living with for years. Daydreaming was always my escape. I would listen to music to go with my thoughts while pacing back and fourth and it was truly bliss. Until I figured out the name for what I was doing

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaladaptiveDreaming/top/?sort=top&t=all&count=150&after=t3_6ms85x

Now I won't daydream. I won't watch or look at anything fictional. I can barely listen to music now. Honestly, I've never been so eager for death. Ignorance is bliss

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb08k9PFVJU

Life is shit. The world is shit. This is life as you know it.

Ummm 
[font=Lato, Arial, sans-serif]Maladaptive Daydreaming (MD) is a [proposed] disorder in which an individual is [/font][font=Lato, Arial, sans-serif]excessively absorbed in an internal fantasy world in a manner that causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning[/font]
If you got happiness out of it, then it's not maladaptive dreaming, so you can go ahead and keep doing it.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I won't watch or look at anything fictional.[/font]
Really can't see what's wrong with fiction, absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying a good story.

Wait hold up who gives a shit if it's a disorder it gives you happiness why wouldn't you do it it's not causing you any physical harm, what's the problem? I get lost in my own head in made up conversations that sort of thing, it's not a problem. Sounds like another normie REEEEEEEEEEES at people who aren't obsessed with the horseshit in front of them episode again and it caused a goddamn fake disease or disorder to be made.

It's futile to seek happiness through the senses.

I don't see how it's maladaptive if it helps you cope. How does this actually interfere with your life, if you don't mind me asking?

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VPLOVJ0u94[/video]

fukmylyf said:
I don't see how it's maladaptive if it helps you cope. How does this actually interfere with your life, if you don't mind me asking?

It doesn't interfere with my life really. I usually just "zone" out listening to a nice tune while jogging or going to the store. I suppose it isn't maladaptive and i'm just overthinking it.