Limit newcel thread count/place limitations on new spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RegisterUserName

RegisterUserName

High Velocity Misanthropist
-
I believe that limiting (if there is a feature on xenforo) or stopping grey/newcels from making threads would be beneficial to everyone:

•Beneficial to the newcels themselves. It would prevent them from being banned quickly for spamming. It would also encourage more activity on other threads, leading to those who didn't lurk before making an account able to better understand the forum and more likely to fit in.

•For users: for regular members of the site this will alleviate the headache that is new posters spamming threads with previously held discussion and replying to every post just to 'level up' to the next rank. This is a forum for incels, not a contest or a game for new users to post as much as possible to be at the top of a fucking list.

These threads that newcels create often attract lots of attention due to them replying to every post/it being a low effort question thread. This detracts attention from well thought out posts by normal users. This also ties into the new 'Low effort rule', as it helps to increase the quality by desaturating the threads number on the sub forums.
This will by no means significantly decrease the quality of posting on the site, as they can always post their threads after a week or two of lurking and better understanding the dynamics of the community. It may even increase the number of posts on the site, as new users have less of an opportunity to be banned for early on misunderstanding of the rules and such, and have more time to think of quality posts that they may want to write.

I don't think this should apply to greycels necessarily, as there are many Nov17cels and accounts used for mostly lurking but making the occasional high effort thread, for example @frickin_cel. To combat that, I propose that the requirements to post threads (or a variation, such as how many posts per day, but I don't know how that could be implemented) should be that a user must have an account that fulfills the requirements of:

Being over 2 weeks old;

Maybe having a certain number of posts on other threads (disadvantage: may encourage spam on random threads/necrobumping so it may be better to implement something similar but without these disadvantages, I can't think of one right now but it's obviously just a rough idea.

Something along those lines I believe would work as intended. Obviously the idea is not ironclad but I'm sure it could be built upon, and would encourage higher effort (instead of simply threatening against it) while retaining users too.

Hope you consider this mods, as it has some great advantages and I don't think that it would be an inconvenience to any legitimately beneficial members of the site.

@Master

Sniffles

Sniffles

Low inhibmaxxing...
-
That's a big requirement of time just to make threads... I don't like this because it takes me back to when I just joined and was doing much threads. Thinking about if I hadn't been able to create those threads and losing the idea and forgetting... It's just a sad hypothetical.

RegisterUserName

RegisterUserName

High Velocity Misanthropist
-
That's a big requirement of time just to make threads... I don't like this because it takes me back to when I just joined and was doing much threads. Thinking about if I hadn't been able to create those threads and losing the idea and forgetting... It's just a sad hypothetical.
Realistically sniffles you didn't make any good threads when you joined and just used it as a means to get more posts. I remember one of your first threads was "I am going to get 500 posts per day"...

Sniffles

Sniffles

Low inhibmaxxing...
-
Realistically sniffles you didn't make any good threads when you joined and just used it as a means to get more posts. I remember one of your first threads was "I am going to get 500 posts per day"...
It was a real thing that could have happened consistently had the idea not had so much negative feedback. Without the thread I couldn't have had the feedback and likely would have gone on doing 500 posts per day.

SergeantIncel

SergeantIncel

Admincel
-
No, the standards for new users are set and they have worked for a year and a half. This has been asked several times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.