Lock ancient threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
dyellow

dyellow

it's over for FBIcels
-
I already got 2 warniggs for necro. About to get another one, just lock it please, there's no point

needsolution

needsolution

rent free
-
See you in ban appeal.

TheSecondComing

TheSecondComing

no looks no life
-
i always thought about this but unless the mods make some bot or something, or lock every single thread with last reply older than x weeks manually themselves, people should just follow the rules broOoooo, and see when the thread was posted/last reply date

dyellow

dyellow

it's over for FBIcels
-
i always thought about this but unless the mods make some bot or something, or lock every single thread with last reply older than x weeks manually themselves, people should just follow the rules broOoooo, and see when the thread was posted/last reply date
I'm too low iq to follow the rules, I always forget them

needsolution

needsolution

rent free
-

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
-
If my thread gets no posts, I'll revive it

Incellectual

Incellectual

feminae stultae sunt | 5'3 goblin-manlet
-
good idea tbh. I've almost necro'd threads without realizing it because they were suggested in a newer post on the bottom.

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

Wizard
-
Just ignore those low iq mods. If you have something valuable to add or want to revive a discussion writing in an existing topic is better than causing redundancy tbh.

Incline

Incline

23/White - Enduring my misery
-
Just be a necrophile theory.

Valiant Virgin

Valiant Virgin

Just a face in the crowd
-
Necroing is based. JFL at following low IQ rules.

lightskin2thousand0

lightskin2thousand0

do the right CHOice --- bitches love Sosa
-
responding to dead threads reminds me of back when i would respond to year old comments on youtube

BrendioEEE

BrendioEEE

Prophet
-
Necroing is based.
I think you're allowed to Necro in off topic @SergeantIncel took away one of my warnings for it there, but other than that sometimes old threads need to be necro'd because there might be something important there that needs to be discussed or is still relevant today.

Chris_Jones

Chris_Jones

An outcast among outcasts
-
Just ignore those low iq mods. If you have something valuable to add or want to revive a discussion writing in an existing topic is better than causing redundancy tbh.
Your comment will just be deleted.
good idea tbh. I've almost necro'd threads without realizing it because they were suggested in a newer post on the bottom.
Happens to me all the time. There's nowhere in the rules that states how old a thread can be before a new post is considered necroposting. It'd be very helpful if this was listed in the rules.

SergeantIncel

SergeantIncel

Admin
-
Happens to me all the time. There's nowhere in the rules that states how old a thread can be before a new post is considered necroposting. It'd be very helpful if this was listed in the rules.
Necro'ing should be acceptable if you have a reason to do so (i.e., a quality response that accomplishes something beyond just plain agreement). 95% of necros are low effort responses that go "true that" or "bump" or similar.

For example, this one just happened. A necro of a thread from 2017, quoting an answer I made back then. Instant warning:

1572033150251-png.161358

Last edited:
Status