Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Losing weight

H

helloissame

Greycel
Decided to stop being a lazy fuck and lose weight. 6 foot and 115kg atm aiming to get down to 80kg. Looked online and gonna start replacing bread with veggies and get some protein down me as well. Any tips to curb hunger

115 kg LOL you are obese.
GJ though on trying to lose weight, there arent really any lifehacks for that I think.

Curb hunger by eating more veggies and foods that fill you up instead of empty calories. Rice is great for filling you up and protein is also more filling than carbs in general.

Since you're fat, I recommend keeping calories 40-50% below maintenance until you get to 20% body fat, then reducing it to 20%.

Hit the gym 3 days a week with a full body program to ensure what you lose is fat and not muscle.

CopingGymcel said:
Curb hunger by eating more veggies and foods that fill you up instead of empty calories. Rice is great for filling you up and protein is also more filling than carbs in general.

Since you're fat, I recommend keeping calories 40-50% below maintenance until you get to 20% body fat, then reducing it to 20%.

Hit the gym 3 days a week with a full body program to ensure what you lose is fat and not muscle.

Isn't rice high calories ? And yh been gyming on/off for a couple of years so have some muscle which I don't wanna lose

helloissame said:
Isn't rice high calories ? And yh been gyming on/off for a couple of years so have some muscle which I don't wanna lose

It has some, but it's really filling, so you won't be able to eat a ton of it, especially brown rice.

Basically what @CopingGymcel said. Make sure you get in high quality protein and lift a bit so you don't lose muscle instead of fat.

be too broke to be able to afford to eat properly. worked for me

Curb hunger by learning not to feel it. Water fast for 30 days, it worked for me. You don't feel hunger at all after day four, your body is eating your fat.

CopingGymcel said:
It has some, but it's really filling, so you won't be able to eat a ton of it, especially brown rice.

Ok thanks

demonanus said:
Basically what @CopingGymcel said. Make sure you get in high quality protein and lift a bit so you don't lose muscle instead of fat.

what does it mean by high quality proteins? What are low quality proteins?

Eat lots of vegetables. They have practically zero calories. Beans (real ones, not tinned) fill you up like nothing else. Just fill a steamer up each day with veggies and beans and you'll never be hungry again.

Intermittent fasting + low carb. There's no such thing as "losing muscle" while losing fat. One of many myths about weight loss.

Also:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXTiiz99p9o[/video]

you lose weight by calories in calories out. it doesn't really matter if you replace food, but it helps in the long run (lose water weight faster ex. replacing your carbs (bread) with complex carbs (veggies) ).

Eat white meats (chicken breast is the best with little seasoning and grilling or oven baked)
Eat veggies
Try to avoid rice (brown rice is ok)
Drink a shit ton of water, like i mean a shit ton, every single time you read a comment on this board drink a glass
Protein shakes can be used as meal replacement

You can hit the gym if you want, it's up to you.

Want to lose weight faster, but look like a fucking weirdo? Go do cardio only

Want to lose weight, and have some muscle? Follow a beginner program (usually 3 days a week) and do cardio on the side

Want to lose weight, and be toned? Do a PPL program (push pull legs) (6 days a week) and do cardio everyday.

Heads up, when you lose weight you don't gain muscle. You will make some noob gains which will increase your strength, but gaining muscle = gaining weight.

My advice to you:

If you have a gym membership do a 3 day program (i recommend strong lifts)

Do cardio after your workout for 1 hour (it could be the stationary bicycle, step master, or jog + run) andything that keeps your body moving

Stack up on protein (chicken breast, shakes, egg whites)

To calculate your calories, multiply your weight by 15, subtract 1000, eat that many calories. If you want to go more in depth use a calorie calculator.

This post is kind of a mess, but fuck it, i haven't slept in 39 hours.

>t.former gymcel that gave up and is now a fatcel

Pasteleiro said:
There's no such thing as "losing muscle" while losing fat. One of many myths about weight loss.

maxresdefault.jpg

Trust me guys, I'm a doctor with a PHD from the internet.

chudur-budur said:
what does it mean by high quality proteins? What are low quality proteins?

Dairy,meat, eggs. Or pea protein and beans have a complete amino acid profile (almost complete). Proteins are made from amino acids. Some can't be made by your body and you need to consume them.

I sure hope your bones aren’t super recessed, OP.

Start doing cardio daily in form of 1-3 hour walks, as long as you cant last, walking is amazing passive fat burning activity. After a month or so start running / swimming / bicycling. 

You dont need gym to burn fat, it's all about cardio. Swimming alone can build you into fitness model. 

Eat 3-5 times a day via smaller portions, it's really hard, but gotta cut out all processed sugars as candys and pizzas, chips etc.

Other than that i guess here's some real inspiration from years back.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GST1W6Q5lug[/video]

TheRealChincel said:
I sure hope your bones aren’t super recessed, OP.

Semi visible jawline at +30% bodyfat so should be some bones there