Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting [Low T] Sometimes this shit so bad I wanna cry

• Thread starter Deleted member 1042
  • Start date
Deleted member 1042

Deleted member 1042

-
But nothing comes out. It's a very dry depression.

Anyone relate?

Anyone relate?
I used to but gymcel + meditatio nadn cold shower with a bunch of other shit, make me not care no more

I used to but gymcel + meditatio nadn cold shower with a bunch of other shit, make me not care no more
Any tips for someone starting out with meditation? I find it extremely difficult to focus. Also which type of meditation do you recommend? I hear there are forms of meditation which do not emphasize emptying the mind at all, rather some encourage absolute focus on a particular idea.

i used to cry a lot when i was a child, usually the other kids laugh at me bc of that lmao
nowadays i can't cry anymore. i feel sad and empty but i just can't make tears

Crying is only worth it if someones listening .

Any tips for someone starting out with meditation? I find it extremely difficult to focus. Also which type of meditation do you recommend? I hear there are forms of meditation which do not emphasize emptying the mind at all, rather some encourage absolute focus on a particular idea.
I did mantra meditation and 5 minutes mindfulness when starting out. It was hard for the firtst 4 weeks. But eventually I have come to enjoy it and look forward to it. Id recommend start withj small amount of time consistently and eventualyl amp up the times. Mantra meditation si easier to do than the breathfulness in my experiecen early on, just get some prayer beads to count em, it trains you to focus and easier to do thanks to the beads, preventing you from wasting time on thoughts.

Also never supress thoguhts rather let them flow early on, but dont conciously supress them, dont give them attentioon either, they will go away with time and you will be able to hit jhanas states. Id recommend u read this reddit guide and mind illuminated book(can pirate it easy).

Amazon product ASIN 1501156985 -> u can pirate it on libgen.io or similar site

i find it hard to cry too. back in high school I cried a lot tbh it was a good cope. doesnt work anymore though. however i can still make myself cry if I watch a sad movie/animu that im really invested in

Not to dismiss the long post above, but I find often new concepts are explained in a way that's too verbose or complicated and that effectively produces barriers to trying something new.

To me, meditation is a chance to refocus. The latin root word means to "think over, reflect." You hear about "letting go of your ego" and stuff like that. Imo, what that's supposed to do is allow you enter a mental state where you can better assess your physical situation. For example, say you want to analyze why you're feeling a desire to cry. Meditation can give you an "out of body" type perspective on your recent physical actions. You might realize you were around people that make you feel depressed. You are an unhealthy meal. You fapped. Any of those things could be suifuel so meditation gives you perspective to identify and modify physical behavior.

All of that "power of the mind" and how meditation balances or chi or some shit is a form of cope that works for some people, but does not help with problem solving.

I cried a lot when i was 12-14 but after that i stopped and never did again.

I did mantra meditation and 5 minutes mindfulness when starting out. It was hard for the firtst 4 weeks. But eventually I have come to enjoy it and look forward to it. Id recommend start withj small amount of time consistently and eventualyl amp up the times. Mantra meditation si easier to do than the breathfulness in my experiecen early on, just get some prayer beads to count em, it trains you to focus and easier to do thanks to the beads, preventing you from wasting time on thoughts.

Also never supress thoguhts rather let them flow early on, but dont conciously supress them, dont give them attentioon either, they will go away with time and you will be able to hit jhanas states. Id recommend u read this reddit guide and mind illuminated book(can pirate it easy).

Amazon product ASIN 1501156985 -> u can pirate it on libgen.io or similar site

Thank you for the advice and resource, meditation bro. I will need it on my path.
Not to dismiss the long post above, but I find often new concepts are explained in a way that's too verbose or complicated and that effectively produces barriers to trying something new.

To me, meditation is a chance to refocus. The latin root word means to "think over, reflect." You hear about "letting go of your ego" and stuff like that. Imo, what that's supposed to do is allow you enter a mental state where you can better assess your physical situation. For example, say you want to analyze why you're feeling a desire to cry. Meditation can give you an "out of body" type perspective on your recent physical actions. You might realize you were around people that make you feel depressed. You are an unhealthy meal. You fapped. Any of those things could be suifuel so meditation gives you perspective to identify and modify physical behavior.

All of that "power of the mind" and how meditation balances or chi or some shit is a form of cope that works for some people, but does not help with problem solving.
I admit, the rituals and philosophy can be attractive, attractive to the ego, ironic enough. It's interesting that in the quest to 'empty the ego' one is still sort of in the grip of it. This is partly why for the longest time I found spiritual leaders grating. They talked ascendance from ego, but it always felt like an act. Though I'm likely misunderstanding. To empty the ego sounds like ego death, but it's probably meant more like to relax and loosen the ego from unhealthy fixations. The more I think about it the more I believe we were never meant to rid it, which makes sense as some theories tie personality to ego, entirely.

Anyways, thanks for the tips.

i find it hard to cry too. back in high school I cried a lot tbh it was a good cope. doesnt work anymore though. however i can still make myself cry if I watch a sad movie/animu that im really invested in
I used to experiment with different emotions as a kid. Would stir things up, among myself or ppl around me, even sad shit, to feel things. I am emotionally retarded now. Nothing really moves me. Occasionally I'll get angry about something but it feels contrived, almost like it's an act.
I cried a lot when i was 12-14 but after that i stopped and never did again.
I suppose we are just becoming men now is all it is.

Nothing really moves me. Occasionally I'll get angry about something but it feels contrived, almost like it's an act.
this is just a part of being an ugly depressed male :feelscry:

Anyone relate?

Yeah, its a really strange feeling.

Not sure in my case its depression related or at least not sure if its 100% depression or mental illness related but oh well.

just dont go ER