Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Masculinity IS fragile.

TL/DR: read text in green.

To be socially (and sexually) acceptable as cis hetero guys, we have to present ourselves to others fitting into a narrow set of traits, like never showing weakness, being hyperagents (a.k.a. being confident) in most situations, having looks that are barely under our performative control (having reached certain height, good physiognomy, not being bald, having a correct frame... except, to some extent, having an athletic physique if your genes aren't against you), etc.

Why do we act the way we act as men? Some will say P A T R I A R C H Y®: it’s because we learn it from other men, whether it is from our fathers, our friends, media, etc. We do learn it from them indeed, it's not merely biological. But why do the people we learn those things from behave like that to begin with? Because their main goal is getting laid. In other words: the code of conduct called “masculinity” should not be broken, under penalty of being disliked by women (or society in general, which is a way of pursuing female validation indirectly). The problem is that it is really hard to not break such code, hence, it’s fragile.

Think about gays. Why are a good deal of them openly less “masculine” (or more feminine) in some traits? Because such behavior isn’t accompanied by sexual withdrawal from the sex they are interested in: other gay men. They will still have plenty of people to have intimacy with.

Some (technically homophobic?) hetero cis men ask themselves or others if doing or saying X, Y, Z is gay (not masculine). Does it make a bit more sense now? And before any lurkers/bluepillers get outraged: no, I never say such things myself nor I have any problem with gay folks.

Hetero cis men, by definition, want the sexual approval of women. For that, they have to fit into women’s standards, so they have to act a certain way. So women/feminists laugh at fragile masculinity because they think it comes from us, but it comes from women’s standards. When they signal or laugh at how fragile masculinity is, they are actually signaling/laughing at how hard to attain their own standards/expectations are.

Masculinity is fragile for heterosexual guys because women’s standards are fragile.
Don’t let them dehumanize us with their fragile idea of what masculinity should be.

And this message isn’t only for you, gentlemen. This goes for every heterosexual cis guy out there.

The difference is obviously that their standards for looks are lower than women's.
That's the point :feelscomfy: We discuss that in the posts below the OP.

Hetero cis men, by definition, want the sexual approval of women. For that, they have to fit into women’s standards, so they have to act a certain way
water is wet post for me. i've allways known this, however i guess some people still dont.

water is wet post for me. i've allways known this, however i guess some people still dont.
That not part of the bulk. It's a necessary premise I had to point out, else, everything else wouldn't make sense.

women talk about how bad toxic masculinity is, meanwhile they go for the 'toxic' guys and reject the 'nice guys' like the hypocrites that they are.

women talk about how bad toxic masculinity is, meanwhile they go for the 'toxic' guys and reject the 'nice guys' like the hypocrites that they are.
Nice guys are also bad because they expect something out of the girl and they are not entitled to a relationship regardless inkler :soy:

Nice guys are also bad because they expect something out of the girl and they are not entitled to a relationship regardless inkler :soy:
We are supposed to completely sexless in their eyes.
I have always been shamed by everone (family, "friends", bullies) whenever I showed signs of being a person with sexual interests and desires.

We are supposed to completely sexless in their eyes.
I have always been shamed by everone (family, "friends", bullies) whenever I showed signs of being a person with sexual interests and desires.
Yeah, totally relatable.

Btw: I don't understand your signature. If you are blackpilled enough, you should know that love isn't deserved 99.9% of the times, it's a genetic lottery, innit?

Btw: I don't understand your signature. If you are blackpilled enough, you should know that love isn't deserved 99.9% of the times, it's a genetic lottery, innit?
You're right, my sig is just a reference to Arcade Fire's We Don't Deserve Love

Funny thing IT hasn't touched this yet.

That's why arguing with whores is useless. It's a rigged preconceived one sided argument.

If you're not insecure as a man in 2020 you lack self-awareness and any capacity for introspection. Good thread.
Brutal as fuck. Even if I was a chadlite i'd be insecure tbh, the competition is insane

Brutal as fuck. Even if I was a chadlite i'd be insecure tbh, the competition is insane
it's why chads and chadlites date down so often, the top tier stacies have effectively limitless choice

it's why chads and chadlites date down so often, the top tier stacies have effectively limitless choice
Stacies go for Gigachads and Gigastacies are trufemcels jfl

it's all about looks

From what I've read most homosexuals are actually repulsed by feminine gays and only want masculine men, including feminine gays themselves jfl.
then who dates the twinks?

I've seen women rage over the littlest thing.

Women call men not wanting to dress in dresses and fuck othrr men "fragile" while literally trying to police men

Fuck that shit we're not going to start conforming for others, write raw.
I usually don't do that, but this topic required it imo, as it was a message for everyone.

No, that's why conservatives are accepting LGBT and other shit, keep your ideas and values and don't conform.
Why do you sound so high iq when you post, but on iq tests your super low iq.
Is it because your super low inhib?

It´s built around the male ego.
The most arrogant are easy to trigger.
If you don´t place your value on external validation, you become much more self-reliant.
As a result, you can strive for better things that go outside the box, and not give a single shit about what others think about you.

Such as, being a NEET outcast.
Why do the normies frown upon someone that doesn´t work or have a social life ?
Because, it´s a projection about themselves.
They can´t cope with the fact that, someone can actually enjoy being alone, play video games all day and NOT work.
The next shame tactic, is "have sex incel" which is btw the most fragile part of the male ego.
See the pattern here ?

The nigger rap culture is all about gravitating around damaged women and crime.
I could go on...

Last edited:
Think about gays. Why are a good deal of them openly less “masculine” (or more feminine) in some traits? Because such behavior isn’t accompanied by sexual withdrawal from the sex they are interested in: other gay men. They will still have plenty of people to have intimacy with.

Hetero cis men, by definition, want the sexual approval of women. For that, they have to fit into women’s standards, so they have to act a certain way. So women/feminists laugh at fragile masculinity because they think it comes from us, but it comes from women’s standards. When they signal or laugh at how fragile masculinity is, they are actually signaling/laughing at how hard to attain their own standards/expectations are.

Masculinity is fragile for heterosexual guys because women’s standards are fragile.
Don’t let them dehumanize us with their fragile idea of what masculinity should be.

And this message isn’t only for you, gentlemen. This goes for every heterosexual cis guy out there.

There is also a difference in how feminity is socially constructed vs. masculinity. Men have to constantly prove their masculinity through looks, behaviour etc. And there is a possibility to lose your status as a "masculine" man (assuming you had that, to begin with) by being rejected by females and masculine men.

This is simply not the case for females. They generally do not need to prove their femininity, and people do not try to tell them they are not "real" women. Even if they are ugly, fat etc., people will still perceive them as feminine just on the basis of their anatomy/biology.

This is simply not the case for females. They generally do not need to prove their femininity
There's peer pressure for them... but yeah, they will still be valid females no matter what they do.

There's peer pressure for them... but yeah, they will still be valid females no matter what they do.
Yes, that is what I was trying to say. Women do not need to constantly assert their status as a female in order to be accepted by society.

This is based on a research paper on masculinity.

If anyone is interested:
Vandello, J. A., Bosson, J. K., Cohen, D., Burnaford, R. M., Weaver, J. R. (2008). Precarious manhood. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 95(6), 1325–1339. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0012453

Good thread.

However many good points are made though, the only thing that reigns supreme is looks.

As for masculine/feminine behavior again I believe that is dependent on your looks. There ARE women who like passive/feminine men IF THEY'RE GOODLOOKING. You think a balding indian janitor will slay if he's acting masculine? Over a good looking chad who acts feminine?

It won't matter. Looks > everything. Water is wet.

Good thread.

However many good points are made though, the only thing that reigns supreme is looks.

As for masculine/feminine behavior again I believe that is dependent on your looks. There ARE women who like passive/feminine men IF THEY'RE GOODLOOKING. You think a balding indian janitor will slay if he's acting masculine? Over a good looking chad who acts feminine?

You do have a point there for sure. However, it does help to act masculine.

@Michinomiya Hirohit giga IQ

fuck, that's so fucking true

You think a balding indian janitor will slay if he's acting masculine? Over a good looking chad who acts feminine?

True. I do believe that if you are not sub 4 and you darktriadmaxx, you can increase your chances, but that's none of our business for sure.

Cope. Feminity is fragile. Foids are literally sensitive to the slightest criticism.

I think the way that women tend to go after the top 20% of men applies to masculinity too, doesn't it really?

Maybe not precisely 20%, but unless you are really very masculine it can be hard to attract most women.

Some women do like more sensitive guys but it's rarer.

It's of course ironic that whilst still doing this, society and feminists are still trying to demonise masculinity.

To me it's quite clear that whilst men may not be on average as masculine as the most masculine guys, we all are to some degree, pretty much.

Society just has really warped standards right now when it comes to men (and a lot of things, to be honest).

women/feminists laugh at fragile masculinity because they think it comes from us, but it comes from women’s standards. When they signal or laugh at how fragile masculinity is, they are actually signaling/laughing at how hard to attain their own standards/expectations are.

Sara

I think the way that women tend to go after the top 20% of men applies to masculinity too, doesn't it really?

Maybe not precisely 20%, but unless you are really very masculine it can be hard to attract most women.

Some women do like more sensitive guys but it's rarer.

It's of course ironic that whilst still doing this, society and feminists are still trying to demonise masculinity.

To me it's quite clear that whilst men may not be on average as masculine as the most masculine guys, we all are to some degree, pretty much.

Society just has really warped standards right now when it comes to men (and a lot of things, to be honest).
Indeed

lol that's it in a nutshell isn't it really.

Why are women even in a place where they feel like it's a good idea to attack men?

Men are naturally dominant on average but neither gender should be commonly trying to destroy that.

This culture has just been corrupted I think, so inevitably it ends up inconsistent and self-destructive.

cant see the post

Definitely great observations on this post. I hate how society blames men for fragile/toxic masculinity when women are a factor, if not a bigger factor to the problem. Any man unsuccessful in achieving a romantic/sexual partner and are aware as to the reasons why will know this.

Women be butthurt.

this isn't true. "Femboys" are a very popular thing among homosexuals
Going to have to disagree with that femboys are a straight thing for the most part they are hot because they look and have the body of a woman a gay man would want a masculine body not a feminine one.