Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Meditation Cope: What Do You Guys Think?

Is meditation overrated BS that will go down in history along with other "spiritual" "Eastern" BS?

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Rather Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Rather No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
B

Big Yikes

Banned
-
I've long been interested in the meditation cope and am currently reading two books about meditation/Buddhism (one on the Satipatthana Sutta, i.e. Mindfulness, i.e. the foundation of the current "McMindfulness" trend and industry, lol, and one on the concept of "Emptiness"). My current streak is four months of meditation, first 15 Minutes, since January 01 I did 30 minutes each day, usually in the evening.

My insomnia, my headaches, and my brainfog have not become better so far, though.

What is your opinion on the meditation cope?
There are some elements of Buddhism I found rather depressing, especially the "emptiness" theory. I read a bout about the Heart Sutta that is very important for this whole emptiness-teaching. One night, I dreamed of a completely empty room. I just stood there and everything was empty.

On the other hand, the idea that the past for instance does not exist has helped me. There is no past, there are just memories that flicker up in one's mind and the go away again, but there is no "objective" material past anymore, there are just images in my head that come and go. That thought helped me a lot when I have unpleasant "flashbacks" to the past.

Meditation cope is very legit. It makes quitting bad habits easier, increases discipline, makes coping far far easier. Allows me to cope hard. I enjoy it so much that I might become a month in a year or so. Still debating if it's good or bad idea.

For a while, I also tried to pray each night. But praying and the Abrahamtic religions just gave me more headaches. It's all such a dogmatic mess. Their scriptures are a contradictory mess and you can easily see how each opposing view can find in them what tehy fand. Instead of having a spiritual experience, you just end up in dogmatic debates and feel like doing a law degree.

I gave up the real prayer but continue the meditation. The meditation is clarity, like cleaning up in one's head but the prayer just gave me more adn more headaches.

Its legit but requires commitment

meditation is stupid cope
just sit while thinking about nothing like a brainlet, it will fix all your problems. theory.
Reminds me somewhat of the bluepill, maybe meditation is just the ultimate final stage of bluepill coping: completely turning your brain off

I dont do it, but i know is a good cope

I try to make Sundays my meditation days now on which I do not turn on the computer, do not practice the piano, do not do anything for uni, do not listen to any kind of music but just meditate, read meditation-related books, and go for walks, listening to "dharma talks" about meditation.

Last Sunday I meditated for 3 1/2 hours. (But going to bed, I woke up at 4 AM and couldn't fall asleep again. So not that it seemed to help much lol).

But tomorrow I try to make a Meditation Sunday again and beat my 3.5 hour record and meditate 4 hours, maybe in four 1-hour-sessions over the day.

I would follow if it could help me focus better

sounds like wim hof method bullshit to me tbh

Ive read a book on secular Buddhism but it seemed to have just too many contradictions (which the author admitted) but many of the concepts are still valid like the observations on consciousness and mindfulness.

I think that its overhyped but still has some value.

I think you get less stressed so i think it works?..

Sounds like an interesting read:

5DIOmS7.jpg

lqDlVVi.png

This must be the saddest part of Youtube. Just thinking about the people who actually try this makes me depressed:

I do think it clears your mind,but the other shit about it being spiritual is just autism

Meditation is legit but I never do it lol