Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Music] Classical music is such a good cope

• Thread starter Deleted member 31093
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31093

Self-banned
-
Classical music is my fav cope. If there are any other brocels here who listen to classical we can talk. I listen to all periods (Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Modern). My fav composers are Bach, Mozart, Telemann, Chopin, Liszt,, Rachmaninoff and Prokofiev.

I listen to classical music sometimes, it's a million times better than listening to a foid singing about chad

I love listening valses tbh,warms my soul

I hate Chopin. I used to listen to the nocturnes as a teenager, now I just can't bare them. They sound so cheesy to me now I want to vomit.

I hate Chopin. I used to listen to the nocturnes as a teenager, now I just can't bare them. They sound so cheesy to me now I want to vomit.
I disagree. If i do listen to classical these days its either stravinsky or chopin

I enjoy it sometimes
Mozart pieces gives me hope

How tf does gaming have its own tag but music doesn't?

@Indari is mendelssohnmaxxed.

I listen to classical music sometimes, it's a million times better than listening to a foid singing about chad
Yea, most of current pop is trash.
Makes sense, Chopin’s Nocturne are not serious pieces. You should listen to his Ballades, Concertos and Polonaises.
I disagree. If i do listen to classical these days its either stravinsky or chopin
Stravinsky is pretty cool too. But I prefer Ravel, Schoenberg and Shostakovich when it comes to 20th century composers.
I enjoy it sometimes
Mozart pieces gives me hope
Mozart is pretty much my only source of happiness. He wrote some deeply moving pieces too. Mozart is freaking amazing.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a big classical music lover, but I listen to some from times to times and the other night I had a great time discovering Leonidas Kavakos' take on Sibelius' violin concerto.

Most especially, there is a very nice moment during the second movement, and the camera is ideally placed to appreciate what a great job the conductor is doing during it :

I had listened to this concerto many times before, yet the subtleties of this passage had always eluded me until then.

I don't comment on YouTube anymore, so I couldn't share my appreciation of this moment over there, thus I do it with you guys.

PS. Unfortunately the excerpt I made is out of sync between audio and video, which spoils the whole thing. Oh well, please consider checking out the original youtube video.

Last edited:
I'm not going to pretend I'm a big classical music lover, but I listen to some from times to times and the other night I had a great time discovering Leonidas Kavakos' take on Sibelius' violin concerto.

Most especially, there is a very nice moment during the second movement, and the camera is ideally placed to appreciate what a great job the conductor is doing during it :

View attachment 401311

I had listened to this concerto many times before, yet the subtleties of this passage had always eluded me until then.

I don't comment on YouTube anymore, so I couldn't share my appreciation of this moment over there, thus I do it with you guys.

PS. Unfortunately the excerpt I made is out of sync between audio and video, which spoils the whole thing. Oh well, please consider checking out the original youtube video.

Is that the original version of the concerto? I haven’t listened to Kavakos’ version of it yet I personally enjoyed Hilary Hahn’s interpretation. You should check out Schumann‘s Violin Concerto as well

>listen to X genre of music
>feel motivated, le'quirky, and unique
>remember im an ugly khhv subhuman with no foreseeable future
>stop listening
>repeat

:feelsbadman:

i dont like seeing woemen playing

I personally enjoyed Hilary Hahn’s interpretation
I didn't. I'm suspicious of any female performer anyway as I suspect the media will always prop them up more than they'll do to males. I did enjoy her take on some Bach sonata (or partita, whatever), though.

Vengerov's might be the best interpretation as far as I know. Kavakos' seems to be close second to my taste and knowledge.

View: https://youtu.be/YsbrRAgv1b4

Last edited:
Classical music is my fav cope. If there are any other brocels here who listen to classical we can talk. I listen to all periods (Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Modern). My fav composers are Bach, Mozart, Telemann, Chopin, Liszt,, Rachmaninoff and Prokofiev.
classical music is a true sign of inceldom AND riceceldom. When I tell people I play piano and only listen to classical music and early jazz normies look at me with disgust and hatred like I'm going to shoot their schools.

I didn't. I'm suspicious of any female performer anyway as I suspect the media will always prop them up more than they'll do to males. I did enjoy her take on some Bach sonata, though.

Vengerov's might be the best interpretation as far as I know. Kavakos' seems to be close second to my taste and knowledge.

View: https://youtu.be/YsbrRAgv1b4

Vengerov is fucking incredible. One of my all time favourite violinists. Right up there with Perlman, Joshua Bell and Oistrakh. Hilary Hahn is pretty good too but not on the same level imo. She’s had some really good performances like Schubert’s Der Erlkönig
Perlman’s Sibelius and Vengerov’s Mendelssohn are unparalled

View attachment 401311

I'm surprised you like this passage, yet feel disgusted by Chopin. Although my interest in him as a composer waned over the years, Chopin is very meaningful when you are a bluepilled teenager. I think having an interest in Chopin when you are romantically deprived is formative of inceldom.

What do you think of Richard Strauss??
Vengerov is fucking incredible. One of my all time favourite violinists. Right up there with Perlman, Joshua Bell and Oistrakh. Hilary Hahn is pretty good too but not on the same level imo. She’s had some really good performances like Schubert’s Der Erlkönig
Perlman’s Sibelius and Vengerov’s Mendelssohn are unparalled
this motherfucker was my avi for years. It brings me tears to my eyes to see a chink outplay even Kogan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZSde3U25mE

classical music is a true sign of inceldom AND riceceldom. When I tell people I play piano and only listen to classical music and early jazz normies look at me with disgust and hatred like I'm going to shoot their schools.
I never got the hate against jazz. It’s the only genre of modern music I listen to. What do normies hate about jazz?
I'm surprised you like this passage, yet feel disgusted by Chopin. Although my interest in him as a composer waned over the years, Chopin is very meaningful when you are a bluepilled teenager. I think having an interest in Chopin when you are romantically deprived is formative of inceldom.

this motherfucker was my avi for years:

Liszt mogs Chopin

this motherfucker was my avi for years. It brings me tears to my eyes to see a chink outplay even Kogan

Yeah I saw that guy on TwoSetViolin, amazing player. I like Ray Chen as well

I never got the hate against jazz. It’s the only genre of modern music I listen to. What do normies hate about jazz?

Liszt mogs Chopin

Yeah I saw that guy on TwoSetViolin
STUPID FUCKS think that jazz is kenny G or some shit.

Liszt, is probably one of the most Chad men who ever walked the earth. I used to listen to his Bénédiction de Dieu dans la Solitude late at night looking at the stars dreaming of a better life. Beautiful music is the only thing worth crying over

STUPID FUCKS think that jazz is kenny G or some shit.

Liszt, is probably one of the most Chad men who ever walked the earth. I used to listen to his Bénédiction de Dieu dans la Solitude late at night looking at the stars dreaming of a better life. Beautiful music is the only thing worth crying over
I love that entire cycle. Have you listened to La Lugubre Gondole?

I should check that out.

It's weird how normies need music that have lyrics to tell them how to feel, and that music must usually be either empowering, dancey, or love related.

It's incel as fuck to like music purely on an intellectual level. Bach's music is as complex and simple as nature itself, there's almost no human or cultural attachment to it (well, maybe religious devotion arguably), yet it's profound.

I don't know much. In my youth I was quite a Stanley Kubrick fan so I was familiar with the piece 'thus spoke Zarathustra' used in 2001, A space odysee, but I assume the movie only uses a small part of it and I don't think I've ever heard the whole thing.

Le beau danube bleu is not from the same Strauss, is it ?

I don't know much. In my youth I was quite a Stanley Kubrick fan so I was familiar with the piece 'thus spoke Zarathustra' used in 2001, A space odysee, but I assume the movie only uses a small part of it and I don't think I've ever heard the whole thing.

HAHA not at all. I think you would like Ein Heldenleben. It's profoundly epic.

I should check that out.

It's weird how normies need music that have lyrics to tell them how to feel, and that music must usually be either empowering, dancey, or love related.

It's incel as fuck to like music purely on an intellectual level. Bach's music is as complex and simple as nature itself, there's almost no human or cultural attachment to it (well, maybe religious devotion arguably), yet it's profound.
Have you noticed sometimes how Bach‘s music almost seems like it’s Romantic era? Not all the time but a few pieces of his just seem so ahead of its time. That and the baroque tuning makes it really nice to hear.

That’s Johann Strauss II. I know that Richard Strauss wrote some nice pieces for the French horn

haha listening to it now, I forgot about that whole late Lizst phase where he got super experimental. The greats always die with ambition. Are you a fan of Albeniz?? Although he is famous for his guitar pieces, he really has a great oeuvre of underrated piano masterpieces. I just think he has a grasp of color and inventive rhythm (at the time) that makes him the master of that era in my opinion.

Last edited:
haha listening to it now, I forgot about that whole late Lizst phase where he got super experimental. The greats always die with ambition. Are you a fan of Albeniz??
Havent listened to a lot of Albeniz just his famous pieces so I can’t really say. I’m not a huge fan of the Modern era except for Ravel, Shostakovich and Hindemith

Havent listened to a lot of Albeniz just his famous pieces so I can’t really say. I’m not a huge fan of the Modern era except for Ravel, Shostakovich and Hindemith
the problem with the modern era, outside the experimentation for experimentation's sake, was that it just lost the general universal principles of art. There are interesting bits and pieces yet there is a general failure to unify these themes to be meaningful, well-paced, or consistent. I think the idea of what makes culturally "good" music got corrupted around this era too- in the sense that the "greats" all attended the same schools hobnobbed and promoted each other, and shut out the truly innovative outsiders, and only were rediscovered posthumously. In prior eras, only the best really floated to the top.

This could be said of all arts at the time, though oddly we never really saw a surrealist idea of music executed in a way as cool as it could be done visually.

Last edited:
the problem with the modern era, outside the experimentation for experimentation's sake, was that it just lost the general universal principles of art. There are interesting bits and pieces yet there is a general failure to unify these themes to be meaningful, well-paced, or consistent. I think the idea of what makes culturally "good" music got corrupted around this era too- in the sense that the greats all attended the same schools hobnobbed and promoted each other, and shut out outsiders, and only were rediscovered posthumously. In prior eras, only the best really floated to the top.

This could be said of all arts at the time, though oddly we never really saw a surrealist idea of music executed in a way as cool as it could be done visually.
I think what you’re talking about the schools of thoughts started from the whole War of the Romantics and classical music split into two ‘factions’ (not sure of the exact word) and the New German School dominated the post-Romantic era. The conservatives (Brahms, Schumann, Mendy) faded into obscurity and ‘old’ music was never really revived.

Isn’t the Modern era basically surrealism for music. I mean think of Schönberg, he‘s the king of musical juxtaposition

I think what you’re talking about the schools of thoughts started from the whole War of the Romantics and classical music split into two ‘factions’ (not sure of the exact word) and the New German School dominated the post-Romantic era. The conservatives (Brahms, Schumann, Mendy) faded into obscurity and ‘old’ music was never really revived.

Isn’t the Modern era basically surrealism for music. I mean think of Schönberg, he‘s the king of musical juxtaposition
By corruption, I am talking about guys like Schönberg, Cage, etc. I think they are overrated hacks that are propped into relevancy by academia. That's not to say they don't know anything about music, but they are just that-- pools of theory and knowledge. They are academics masquerading as composers.

sometimes how Bach‘s music almost seems like it’s Romantic era? Not all the time but a few pieces of his just seem so ahead of its time.
Well, Bach was such a genius it's not too surprising he inspired composers of the romantic era.

By corruption, I am talking about guys like Schönberg, Cage, etc. I think they are overrated hacks that are propped into relevancy by academia. That's not to say they don't know anything about music, but they are just that-- pools of theory and knowledge. They are academics masquerading as composers.
Schönberg wasn’t bad tbh, just very dissonant and jarring. He’s written books on music theory and his twelve tone system so I think he’s a better academic but not a bad composer. Cage is awful ngl
Well, Bach was such a genius it's not too surprising he inspired composers of the romantic era.
I’m not talking about harmonies and stuff. Just the overall texture of some pieces seems Romantic

Today twoset violins made me feel like listening to Sarasate's Zigeunerweisen again. Here is Ithzak Perlman's take :

View: https://youtu.be/wEmbFSiJzEQ

It's a nice piece but in it there are ten seconds that stand out from all the rest, and I find it kind of odd. It's around the end, from 9:08 to 9:18. It seems that the producer knew how different and special that segment is because he changes cameras right before and after it. Don't get me wrong it's a great segment but it's actually so great that it kind of eclipses the whole piece. Is it just me?