Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Muslimcels, what's the best way to learn about Islam?

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
I've grown interested in the religion, but I only know the basics (I've tried to read the Qur'an once, but reading ancient scriptures without a good commentary is pointless)
Western sources are often biased: leftists will try to pain a portrait of Muhammad the first feminist who was limited by the pesky cultural context and Christians will just use folk traditions and unreliable sources to discredit the religion
I don't want full on apologetics, but a fairly nuanced view from the Muslim perspective: books, documentaries, youtube series etc.
what would you recommend to someone willing to learn about Islam?

Read the quran and learn about the family tree of the prophet

Just read the Quran. Most of the book is filled with stories from the Old Testament and the Torah though.

Forget the quoran... Just read the history of the rashidun caliphate and omar Ibn Al khatab Prince of believers biography.

Logically speaking, this man is the ideal Muslim in the Islamic world and every man aspires to be like him (since you can't choose to be a fuckin pophet)

As for the rashidun caliphate, this was the time where Islam was at its peak and the time where it was most understood, after all who knew what Islam really is more than the prophets companions right?..

Im interested as well

Watch MEMRITV videos.

Watch anwar al awlaki lectures