Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel My friend is fighting me over 20$

StSausageCel

StSausageCel

Officer
★★★
I borrowed him the money a few months back. At first I didn't need him to pay me back, but he said he would.

So recently, I got into a sticky situation, where I needed that money direly. I asked him if he could hurry up on the paying back process, and he started waxing lyrical about how I was "bothering and stressing" him. I was able to navigate the situation I was in without his help, so I decided to let it slide.

Today, I reminded him about the money through text, after I saw a snap of him taking his girlfriend out for dinner. I then told him about how unfair he was being. Then he blew up, saying "I don't trust him, and I've shown my true colours". I'm still in shock, this is what gaslighting must feel like. His arguments don't even make sense. He always tries to make it seem like I'm the bad guy for reminding him about the money. If I didn't trust him, i wouldn't have borrowed him that money. Plus, we've been friends for years. I reminded him that if I calculated all the money I've given him over the years, it's be more than a 100$. He took incredible offense to this.

Well, at least for 20$ I've seen his true colours. I always had this weird feeling whenever we had fights, because he always painted me as the bad guy.

Now I want to know how to navigate this. From the way he's talking, it's almost like he's willing to cut our friendship after he pays me back. I'm really confused right now.

He prolly won't pay you back.

His form of argumentation reminds me of a former client. Narcissists crave drama and if there isn't any they cook situations up to be able to exploit them.

So recently, I got into a sticky situation, where I needed that money direly. I asked him if he could hurry up on the paying back process, and he started waxing lyrical about how I was "bothering and stressing" him… reframing the situation negatively

…"I don't trust him, and I've shown my true colours" Victim blaming

… His arguments don't even make sense. He always tries to make it seem like I'm the bad guy for reminding him about the money.
… I always had this weird feeling whenever we had fights, because he always painted me as the bad guy...
classic narcissist trick: Role Reversal combined with victim blaming

I reminded him that if I calculated all the money I've given him over the years, it's be more than a 100$. He took incredible offense to this.
You threaten his ego with truths, the ego bites back.

Now I want to know how to navigate this. From the way he's talking, it's almost like he's willing to cut our friendship after he pays me back.
Yup, and only to give you a bad feeling about "asking for so much"

"I'm really confused right now."

You already answered it yourself:
Well, at least for 20$ I've seen his true colours.

They aren't worth the hassle. Also not being able to give 20$ back - how broke can people be?

Never lend money to friends and family...

His form of argumentation reminds me of a former client. Narcissists crave drama and if there isn't any they cook situations up to be able to exploit them.

So recently, I got into a sticky situation, where I needed that money direly. I asked him if he could hurry up on the paying back process, and he started waxing lyrical about how I was "bothering and stressing" him… reframing the situation negatively

…"I don't trust him, and I've shown my true colours" Victim blaming

… His arguments don't even make sense. He always tries to make it seem like I'm the bad guy for reminding him about the money.
… I always had this weird feeling whenever we had fights, because he always painted me as the bad guy...
classic narcissist trick: Role Reversal combined with victim blaming

I reminded him that if I calculated all the money I've given him over the years, it's be more than a 100$. He took incredible offense to this.
You threaten his ego with truths, the ego bites back.

Now I want to know how to navigate this. From the way he's talking, it's almost like he's willing to cut our friendship after he pays me back.
Yup, and only to give you a bad feeling about "asking for so much"

"I'm really confused right now."

You already answered it yourself:
Well, at least for 20$ I've seen his true colours.

They aren't worth the hassle. Also not being able to give 20$ back - how broke can people be?
It's not even about him being broke. He has the money. He just doesn't want to pay me back, he'd rather spend it on his whore gf.

interesting how you called him a narcissist, because I remember him posting on social media about some people calling him narcissistic.

Male friends really aren't supposed to fight. It's supposed to be very rare and quickly resolved. There's something wrong with this guy.

Extreme ragefuel, your story got my blood boiling. A sex having psychopath exploits the generosity of the humble incel.

Unless you want to seek revenge, cut that faggot from your life, he won’t hesitste to use you again.

I’ve loaned at least 2k to my family over the years and have seen none of it.

$20? I think thats like £15.

You are not getting that money back.

I don’t think that is a friend he is a beta cuck. Cut ties with him. Any honest person pays back immediately, especially since it is very little money you lent him.

interesting how you called him a narcissist, because I remember him posting on social media about some people calling him narcissistic.
his behaviour has strong parallels to narc i once knew. It can come in different strengths i guess.

I always had this weird feeling whenever we had fights, because he always painted me as the bad guy.
This is a standard npc normalfag trait.

thats why i dont make any effort to be friends with anyone had a friend in the past always talked nicely but sometimes he pulled out his phone recorded me and made fun of me. He owed me 50 euro didnt paid back just posted the video of me everywhere and said to everyone how he 'robbed' me and insults me and i dont do anything. Thats what happens if you are nice to people.

Just say this to him “go ahead and keep the $20, you need it more than i do.”

You are not getting that money back.
I'm very aware, because from all indications, he's trying to gaslight me into not pressuring him to pay me back.

Well at least now I know what his priorities are.

Unfriend him. He is clearly just trying to take advantage of you

I lent $100 to someone a few years back, never saw it back. Learned my lesson, I will not lend anyone money ever unless it's in a literal legal contract and I get interest on it.

$20 seems like a cheap lesson.

Never loan money and anyone that asks gets cut off immediately.

thats why i dont make any effort to be friends with anyone had a friend in the past always talked nicely but sometimes he pulled out his phone recorded me and made fun of me. He owed me 50 euro didnt paid back just posted the video of me everywhere and said to everyone how he 'robbed' me and insults me and i dont do anything. Thats what happens if you are nice to people.
Typical. Normies don't deserve kindness.

As an incel, you should know people don't consider you human nor they think you have any right.
He could read it on your face he could take your money.

Extreme ragefuel, your story got my blood boiling. A sex having psychopath exploits the generosity of the humble incel.

Unless you want to seek revenge, cut that faggot from your life, he won’t hesitste to use you again.
Yep, people just see us as lepers/mutant and freaks to insult, make fun of and take advantage of since we have souls.
He prolly won't pay you back.
If they hesitate to pay you back, they're already thinking of an excuse not to do so at all.
Truth for the ages. My own parents tried to swindle thousands out of me at one point. I caught them and threatened them with police unless they paid me back to the penny. I didn't charge interest since I'm not (((That way))) but I should have.
As an incel, you should know people don't consider you human nor they think you have any right.
He could read it on your face he could take your money.
Kindness is seen as weakness with these scumbag predators we call normies. At least it was a relatively cheap lesson - $20 instead of $2000 or even $20,000.

sometimes he pulled out his phone recorded me and made fun of me
Why ei they fucking do this. This fat piece of shit cuck i knew at uni used to do this. I was friendly to him because I thought he was incel and he was Muslim and Arab. But he was a normie fake piece of fucking shit that used to take photos and videos of me whenever I did something weird. I'm gonna break his fucking knees one day the obese disgusting slob.

make that faggot bite the curb douchebag narcy normies deserve the worst.

Never take or give debt lmao,

I never pay either

$20 is fucking nothing why make a big deal of this?

Get the money then never talk to this guy again. Dude's a piece of shit