Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope My friend literally said he just wasn't in the mood to play video games anymore

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
Went to a Friend's house the other day. Like me his 20s are going to be soon ending.

Unlike me he's a lot more successful in life. Way better job, relationship with people etc. Even has a GF ffs.

He used to be MASSIVE gamer. I'm talking almost considering esports as a career type of guy. Back when I knew him all that would go through his head was Games.

So when I heard him say he wasn't in the mood for playing any vidya, that pretty shocked me. I never expected to see the day he said that but he's not even 30 yet and is already saying this.

I kind of understand though. You got a overworked job that drains most of your energy. Then you have to manage your relationship with people especially foids etc.

Playing video games is actually very draining on your mind. For example if it's a single player game, you have to think about what load state to pick, what actions will you do, what things you have to consider. You have to put in quite a bit of effort. If its multiplayer, well if you haven't been playing as much, you're getting your ass kicked quite fast online and that will fuck up your online record you worked so hard to get.

So we instead just watched the latest season of "Better Call Saul" instead. Was pretty comfy. I guess even a drug lord needs to conduct quality assurance on their drug selling operation process lol

Vidya isn't the great cope you think it is, if you don't have as much time or are too drained from wagecucking etc.

Last edited:
It's nice to see the odd wholesome post here. Sounds like you had a good time.

vidya is just something others do in their free time, but to people like us it's one of the few things we have to cope

BRUTAL AGEPILL @Ropemaxx @Personalityinkwell

Whatever you say, man, I'm still playing MMOs and will continue to do so likely until I die. It's pretty much the only thing I can do out of schoolwork/studying, and presumably in the future my job.

I wish I had a waifu to prevent me from doing so though pewpew TwT.

Just aother example of how wagecucking makes you forget what made you happy and turns into a souless work drone.

Happened to me sadly, wagecucking is an absolute fucking death sentence, just avoid it as long as you can. It's insanely awful.

Attachments

• wageslave.png
    wageslave.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 50
Guide him to us, he sounds like he could be going through inceldom himself

I have a number of good reasons for that

1 - Wageslaving fucks up your attention span for the rest of the day, leaves you with no time, and makes you feel drained in the weekends
2 - Most games nowadays are just "reskins" of older games that you've been playing for years. It's always the same FPS shooter with some new graphics and sometimes one or two new mechanics, MMOs that look exactly the same, some generic JRPGs and reboots/new games/HD remasters/remakes of old franchises that you played over a thousand times.
3 - I've played a lot of games over tons of platforms, from the NES to the PS4, and after sometime, you grow out of it. The thing loses it's magic and you struggle to find a new experience. Oh, you did find a interesting game? Well, your new stressing lifestyle will make so that you can't play for more than a couple of hours before feeling tired and unfocused.

Nowadays, i just play games for an hour or two every now and then, eventually you all will reach that point.

Guide him to us, he sounds like he could be going through inceldom himself
He's not an incel. He even is in a relationship FFS.

However he is more blackpilled than a normie. He knows how fucked up this world really is although not to the same level as us since his life is a fuck lot better.

This is something else I would like to mention.

Even if you're blackpilled, if you somehow "ascend", you will slowly get corrupted back by the bluepill and other simping things. Thats what I noticed about him as he got older.

I mean I can sort of get why though. If you were in a relationship, do you honestly want to believe that she will fuck another Chad the moment she sees him? Someone you spent many years of time, money and effort on?

Its denial but the blackpill is even harder to swallow when you actually have something to lose. its like swallowing the fact that you got cancer and you will be dead soon.

Last edited:
Brutal, vidya is a strong cope for most of us

He’s getting tired

I have a number of good reasons for that

1 - Wageslaving fucks up your attention span for the rest of the day, leaves you with no time, and makes you feel drained in the weekends
2 - Most games nowadays are just "reskins" of older games that you've been playing for years. It's always the same FPS shooter with some new graphics and sometimes one or two new mechanics, MMOs that look exactly the same, some generic JRPGs and reboots/new games/HD remasters/remakes of old franchises that you played over a thousand times.
3 - I've played a lot of games over tons of platforms, from the NES to the PS4, and after sometime, you grow out of it. The thing loses it's magic and you struggle to find a new experience. Oh, you did find a interesting game? Well, your new stressing lifestyle will make so that you can't play for more than a couple of hours before feeling tired and unfocused.

Nowadays, i just play games for an hour or two every now and then, eventually you all will reach that point.
This is a really good summary. Same boat tbh.

With regard to #1, my attention span is probably less than half of what it was ten years ago. The never ending interruptions that are inherent in wageslaving condition you to not be able to concentrate on any task for more than ten minutes at a time. Never had this issue even through college. I only have the mental stamina for vidya on weekends, but those go by fast.

vidya is just something others do in their free time, but to people like us it's one of the few things we have to cope

I know that feel OP,something kind of similar happened to me,I have a male cousin,he was like my best friend,we used to play games together all the time,we were absolute masters at COD Zombies and he was very easy to talk to.

Everything changed when he got a gf and a job at 17 , he suddenly stopped playing videogames,he never wanted to play again,he even started being mean to me,after a lot of times of hearing his passive-aggresive remarks one day he just said "you know you're going to die virgin and alone right?" that was enough for me and I punched the retard on the face and broke his nose.

After my parents got mad at me and while he was on his way to the hospital I realized that I just broke the nose of the one who used to be my best friend,and I started crying.

I don't talk to my cousin ever since,haven't seen him in 1 1/2 years.

Foids are monsters they change people for the worst,life wasn't supposed to be this way.

I guess peole here missed this part:
Unlike me he's a lot more successful in life. Way better job, relationship with people etc. Even has a GF ffs.

He do not want to play games because he has better things to do.

Sometimes I'm not in the mood either that's a good thing

you said he has a GF..... i rather play fuck her holes tbh

I can't play more than an hour at a time. I mostly play for 20 minutes before stopping. When I was a teenager I could play for 5+ hours easily and with short breaks I'd play 12+ hours in one day. Nowadays I often close the game after the intro splash screen.

I just don't like most games. Rarely does a game interest or impress me enough to play for a few hours. I know I'm a casual normalfag for saying this, but I only truly enjoy really well-made AAA games with a lot of story elements and impressive visuals. They have to be really good games, too with high production quality otherwise I'm just not interested. Some examples are Witcher 3, God Of War on the PS4 and RDR2.

On the Switch I only enjoyed BOTW (less than other more story heavy AAA titles, though) and maybe Mario Odyssey. All the other games are mobile-tier turn based trash, sidescrollers, shovelware or indie ports that are available on PC. Other than BOTW and Mario, all the other games feel lazy and outdated. I guess there's Bayonetta 2 and Astral Chain, but I hate those types of games.

Some other games on the Switch that I can think of are bing bing wahoo, indie ports and shit like Splatoon 2 or Smash which I don't like at all because they're mainly multiplayer and I don't like fighting games.

Right now I'm mildly excited for Cyberpunk 2077, Bloodlines 2 (it will be janky trash most likely), Doom Eternal, Dying Light 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Psychonauts 2.
2020 is going to be a good year for vidya imo.

Last edited: