Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My glasses don't mask my eye area, they make it even worse

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
I seriously hate having to wear glasses all the time, but my myopia is so bad that it's not even remotely optional for me, without them I can't read text unless it's inches from my eyes and can't even clearly see where I'm walking. It's frustrating because my prescription is so strong that the lenses heavily distort the appearance of my eyes, they make me look like even more of a subhuman than I otherwise would. Whenever I see a picture of myself I feel like such a worthless piece of trash.

My eye area would already be bad without them, I have bug eyes(this is the only thing the glasses somewhat help), lots of upper eyelid exposure, pronounced under-eye bags, a negative canthal tilt, and my eyes are slightly asymmetrical. Seriously the only way the structure could be worse is if I we're deformed. While the lens distortion of my face is bad enough, the glasses also draw attention to my nonexistent cheekbones, massive forehead, and jew nose. God I hate being ugly.

Fuck glasses, can't you fix your eyesight so you don't need them anymore? Idk anything about vision so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Fuck glasses, can't you fix your eyesight so you don't need them anymore? Idk anything about vision so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.
Insurance doesn't cover it, and I'm a NEET so obviously I can't afford it.

I wear contacts. Have you considered that, OP? Do the NEETbux cover that for you?

I wear contacts. Have you considered that, OP? Do the NEETbux cover that for you?
I wore contacts for a couple years as a teenager, they irritate the fuck out of my eyes, plus I hate having to take them out before sleeping. But yeah maybe when I next go back to the optometrist I'll ask for contacts instead, at least to wear when I go outside.

I wore contacts for a couple years as a teenager, they irritate the fuck out of my eyes, plus I hate having to take them out before sleeping. But yeah maybe when I next go back to the optometrist I'll ask for contacts instead, at least to wear when I go outside.
Sure they were turned the right way? If they're inverted, the lenses will irritate your eyes greatly indeed. Contacts are great for summer, cuz then you can wear regular sunglasses over the contacts, which hides your subhuman eye area.

Sure they were turned the right way? If they're inverted, the lenses will irritate your eyes greatly indeed. Contacts are great for summer, cuz then you can wear regular sunglasses over the contacts, which hides your subhuman eye area.
I'm not sure tbh, it's been too many years since I've worn them, I barely remember.

get an eye patch tbh

Same man. Fellow myopiacel here. -4 prescription on both eyes so moderately strong. I also have bad UEE but at least the glasses make it look like my eyes are farther apart

I have really bad eyesight, so I also have to wear glasses that completely fucking warp my eyes.

apparently there is no glasses for your eye area