Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL My parents are trying to get me to join a club when I have nothing in common with the youth my age.

ordinaryotaku

ordinaryotaku

Rotting collegecel. Women hate me for existing.
★★★★★
I have nothing in common with the majority of people my age. Don't want to seem like the "I'm not like the other guys" type of person, but it's majorly true for me and I find it to be a problem.

The music my peers listen to makes me sperg the fuck out, and after 5 minutes of having that raw unfiltered garbage spew into my already fucked up eardrums, it makes me go fucking apeshit. I enjoy literally everything except rap music/electronic music/extreme metal.

The games I play are old. I only play old PC games, the only exceptions would be Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and GTA V, CS:GO being the only one I play very often. If someone asked me what games I played recently, and I replied with something like "Carmageddon," "Screamer," or "DOOM II: Hell on Earth," they'd be weirded the fuck out.

My hobbies consist of vintage computer/retro game collecting or just doing pretty much anything outside (hiking, city walking, fishing). There's no clubs for those at my college.

This doesn't exactly inhibit me from making friends, as I have friends who do not have my same interests, but the fact that my parents are wanting me to join a club at my college for people who have a specific interest that isn't on par with mine is kind of bothering me. This is the same reasoning I had that put me off from being in a frat, plus either I'd be the one guy who wouldn't get laid, or I'd get sent to the unpopular frat with the normie-tier and below guys, the second option being the most viable.

Last edited:
Just join a club bro.

eh, you like anime, right? that's a pretty common interest for guys nowadays. i'm sure you could find someone who is into the same things as you.

There's a difference between listening to other people's hobbies, pretending to care or doing other people's hobbies.

Your parents have to realise that staying true to yourself makes you happy and socially dominant, even if they are solitary past-times done alone.

Being a social chameleon, or at best a wallkflower, at someone else's party is the worst feeling and puts you at a disadvantage and open for exploitation.

Fuck your parents. Tell them to buy you fishing gear and then leave you alone.

You got this place.
Its what i use mostly to socialize.
Clubs are usually a honeypot for the lowest tasteless scum of society.
You, like me.
Do NOT belong in it.

eh, you like anime, right? that's a pretty common interest for guys nowadays. i'm sure you could find someone who is into the same things as you.
Honestly haven't watched it in years.

I learned that for normies to like you you have to lie and be in trend with everything. Basically an NPC.

I joined tons or clubs... Ppl still didn't want to speak with me. At a certain point if everywhere you go smells like shit, you have to look at the bottom of your shoe. My family especially loves to say I just 'haven't found my pond'... Jfl.

Just club others in the club, bro

At least your parents seem to care about you. All mine do is tell me to make more money.

Your parents have to realise that staying true to yourself makes you happy and socially dominant, even if they are solitary past-times done alone.
This is the same reasoning I had that put me off from being in a frat, plus either I'd be the one guy who wouldn't get laid
Not only would you not get laid, but you'd be the #1 target for hazing and bullying. I always hated the conformity that frats require.