Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel My PC won't boot now

OldIncel

OldIncel

You’d walk right over me.
-
Now I have to browse this site with a shitty phone and no more Vidya games...

:reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

Restore point nigga or boot on w10 recovery usb or dvd and try to repair, if it's hardware test component check if the fans spin when you boot.

Restore point nigga or boot on w10 recovery usb or dvd and try to repair

My PC won't even post. Can't get to the bios. The red light on the motherboard lights up on CPU

Did you overclock it? Check if the heatsink is well secured

Did you overclock it? Check if the heatsink is well secured

I haven't overclocked it. I took off the heat sink and reseated the CPU. Then I applied new thermal paste and nothing.

I tried clearing the CMOS and disconnecting different components

Still won't post. Just keeps turning itself off and on in a loop.. no error codes

I couldn't live a day without my PC.

Remove the heatsink cpu check if you seated it the right way and didn't forget the lever. If it's an amd check if all the pins under the cpu are straight.

definitely over for bootcels

maybe it's some problem with the front panel buttons...

try booting your pc without the case

and don't forget to take off ALL the front pannel connectors to test it...

Remove the heatsink cpu check if you seated it the right way and didn't forget the lever. If it's an amd check if all the pins under the cpu are straight.

Yeah I reseated it right. I put the corner with the triangle in the corner marked with a triangle. The notches match up.

I tried checking the 8 pin connector. Seems ok but not sure if it could it be related to the PSU?

maybe it's some problem with the front panel buttons...

try booting your pc without the case

and don't forget to take off ALL the front pannel connectors to test it...

I don't think it's related to the front panels but I could try this.

Yeah I reseated it right. I put the corner with the triangle in the corner marked with a triangle. The notches match up.

I tried checking the 8 pin connector. Seems ok but not sure if it could it be related to the PSU?
Maybe a short that fried the mobo, dors thr screen turn on at all before post.

I don't think it's related to the front panels but I could try this.
Try it and tell me if something different happened :o

Try booting with only one stick of ram first try one stick at time, if it still doesnt boot
Remove mobo from your case and put it on cardboard board and try to boot.

Yeah... that is what I was thinking... Sucks. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
My PC won't even post. Can't get to the bios. The red light on the motherboard lights up on CPU

Fuark probably shorted something and fried the board

tenor.gif

Try booting with only one stick of ram first try one stick at time, if it still doesnt boot
Remove mobo from your case and put it on cardboard board and try to boot.

I think my mobo is fried... Sigh.

Tried everything.

I think my mobo is fried... Sigh.

Tried everything.
NBuo3U2pNjhyjJFJL0vlbn9zsN3gx2UVg-W7olciMxfZnpTSdSekxpnuZdy_CVeFNE4cpzB0GVRSGaePH2HeTEBBJQ

Check for the same mobo on ebay or amazon, making you avoid reinstalling windows and all that bullshit.

NBuo3U2pNjhyjJFJL0vlbn9zsN3gx2UVg-W7olciMxfZnpTSdSekxpnuZdy_CVeFNE4cpzB0GVRSGaePH2HeTEBBJQ

Check for the same mobo on ebay or amazon, making you avoid reinstalling windows and all that bullshit.

Will do. Thank you. Hoping shipping doesn't take forever because of coronavirus lockdown.

Seems ok but not sure if it could it be related to the PSU?
What type of PSU do you have? Might be a good chance to replace it if you have rosewill crap. Frankly I try and buy better PSU because I am paranoid that they will die and take everything with it.

What type of PSU do you have? Might be a good chance to replace it if you have rosewill crap. Frankly I try and buy better PSU because I am paranoid that they will die and take everything with it.

I bought a good PSU.... but it's pretty old now. Don't remember what brand it was but it was silver or gold rating. I will check into it. Thanks.

Sucks, man. Vidya are good cope. :cryfeels:

That’s just brutal man

If its in a reboot loop it can only be 3 things

Motherboard, RAM, or PSU

If you have 2 stick of ram try taking one out or swapping them to see if it works

Yeah I tried the RAM thing. Didn't work.

Any way to check my PSU? I suspect it's the motherboard but have no way to confirm.

Try visually inspecting the motherboard to see if anything is actually fried. If you have dust on any components or connectors try blowing it off.

Take off the cables to your hard drives, blow on them and put them back.
Also use compressed air to clean your pc.

If still doesn't work, make sure your ram sticks are in their place properly.
Switch the gel on your cpu, clean the heat absorption unit.

Also make sure your hard drives are getting power from your psu

There's no boot for your pc.
my condolences

I couldn't live a day without my PC.
same
I have a backup laptop with a 1650 just in case my main rig dies
smart

It sounds like a mobo fry from what others have said. At least you can salvage all the other parts unless the short blew out other parts. Do you think it might be a ram issue? I know when I had a ram dimm fail on me, the board reported it as a cpu issue but it was actually dead ram. Try to boot from fewer ram dimms in the board to see if that's it?

Especially during quarantine, I'd fucking rope if my pc cucks me
My PC is the only thing that brings me enjoyment in my life, it's sad but true.

update

ordered new motherboard ngl

What kind of gaming did you do on it? ie Steam? Emulation?? All of the above??? What????

What kind of gaming did you do on it? ie Steam? Emulation?? All of the above??? What????

Pretty much everything under the sun. 500+ games on Steam. Atlhough I absolutely refuse to use Origin, Epic, or Battlenet

I sometimes emulate old games like mario 64 or zelda OoT/MM. I did emulate some Wii U games but they weren't very good.

Any chance of you being able to afford a new PC?

Hey as long as you remember your Steam password then all 500+ of your Steam library is safe in the cloud.

Any chance of you being able to afford a new PC?

Hey as long as you remember your Steam password then all 500+ of your Steam library is safe in the cloud.

don't need a new pc, just need a new motherboard

and yea all games are safe.

Oh thats good to hear then brother.

I was prepared to find a way to give you ALL of my own library of pirated content in regards to emulation if you wanted it, heh.

I have a huge MAME library, all N64, SNES, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS roms and some Gamecube and PS1, PS2 isos.

Oh thats good to hear then brother.

I was prepared to find a way to give you ALL of my own library of pirated content in regards to emulation if you wanted it, heh.

I have a huge MAME library, all N64, SNES, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS roms and some Gamecube and PS1, PS2 isos.

I know recently they've started taking down ROM sites... Is it much harder to gain access to roms now? It's been a long time since I emulated anything

I think only the Nintendo content can be hard to find nowadays since Sony, Atari and any other company with legacy content out there doesn't seem to give much of a fuck to persue legal action as Nintendo always assholishly (but somewhat understandably) does.

If you have an account at certain big emulation loving sites I think like this one site based in the UK called dream something or other you can still get pretty much everything Nintendo content related and otherwise.

I think only the Nintendo content can be hard to find nowadays since Sony, Atari and any other company with legacy content out there doesn't seem to give much of a fuck to persue legal action as Nintendo always assholishly (but somewhat understandably) does.

If you have an account at certain big emulation loving sites I think like this one site based in the UK called dream something or other you can still get pretty much everything Nintendo content related and otherwise.

ok thanks

I always wanted to build a raspberry pi with emulation shit on it. gonna look up into that

Try updating your mousepad drivers.