Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

My sitcom addiction is so weird I can't even explain it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I've said this a lot of times before but: I keep rewatching the same sitcoms 50+ times. I've got like 10 or so sitcoms that I keep playing the entire 10 seasons of each of one, then I move on to the next then back to another one. For the past few years I've been able to rot all day long almost, many days 16 hours a day on the PC and a lot of those I'm just watching sitcoms, sometimes just browsing stuff with the sitcom in the background of course.

I play them in the background a lot but tbh most of the time is spent actually watching it. Actively watching a sitcom I've seen tens of times already.

It's really weird. I guess I can try to explain it: it delivers small doses of dopamine and other things constantly. The little jokes, the sounds, the laughs. It not only feels comfy and pleasant, but it also feels less lonely. Not lonely as in missing other people, but even just playing a game or something feels ... eerily quiet, not even music alleviates this. But watching a sitcom I've already seen feels like ... home. It's maximum comfiness, it's like I've retreated into my shell and I'm just comfily vegetating with a small but constant stream of dopamine. ALSO, the most important aspect I think: it uses no mental energy, I've talked about how it's very difficult for me to use any energy, even mental one. So much so that even watching new shows or movies is a use of energy. But watching the same comfy sitcoms that feels so familiar, that feel like home ... they use 0 energy. It's the closest thing to being asleep I think, what else can you do while awake that uses less energy but is still stimulating enough to not be bored?

It's a really weird addiction, and addiction is the perfect word for it too. I can't stop tbh. I tried several times, I keep trying. But I get so anxious and stressed, it's like I'm unplugged and tossed into a big, scary, random world when I don't have a sitcom going. I even thought that when I start wageslaving, maybe I'll be able to somehow put on headphones and listen to my sitcoms all day long, that would reduce my stress and anxiety when wageslaving. But obviously that's not realistic, can't wear headphones at the job.

It does feel like literally wasting my life. But not doing it feels so shit. I guess I can't stand being alone with my own thoughts for too long, that's another element of it. Can't properly explain why I don't just watch new stuff, maybe it's really just the energy thing, who knows.

Last edited:
Seinfeld is pretty good I must admit.

I fucking hate sitcoms

I fucking hate sitcoms
It's gotten to the point where I really hate them too, especially knowing how many actual years of my life I've wasted on them. Literal stoners that got high every day spent their years better than me, at least they enjoyed it a lot more, and actually did various things. Instead I just laid in bed doing nothing, it's almost like watching paint dry for years. But I can't stop cause I get anxious and stressed without them.

Watching friends or the big bang theory on repeat is a low tier normie trait

Why can't you just make yourself do things despite them being uncomfortable? Just stop watching the fucking sitcoms jfl. You can do that despite it being stressful. You don't even need to do anything productive. Just stop watching them and do literally anything else.

Same but incels.co and some music, I mostly browse, without them I don't have much things in my computer, same as you I don't want to spend metal energy, I'm trying to vidyamaxx but at this point even vidya is being an torture, I didn't leave my comfort for too long that even my comfort zone becomes some kind of addiction, I really don't know what is happening, at least these post are gold mine to IT lurker psychologists.

I can't believe how much I'm behind in this life.

Same but incels.co and some music, I mostly browse, without them I don't have much things in my computer, same as you I don't want to spend metal energy, I'm trying to vidyamaxx but at this point even vidya is being an torture, I didn't leave my comfort for too long that even my comfort zone becomes some kind of addiction, I really don't know what is happening, at least these post are gold mine to IT lurker psychologists.

I can't believe how much I'm behind in this life.
Damn, I can relate too much. I can't play games anymore either, they're just too draining, even easy ones. Nevermind harder ones, I've wanted to play Factorio for like a year, I keep reinstalling it and uninstalling it, I keep thinking about it, but I never get around to actually playing it, maybe just a few hours once every few months. It drains sooo much energy.

I have a few months left till my life is over and I'll be a wageslave working for peanuts. I'd love to just throw myself in gaming and enjoy the last months of free time I have. But I can't, I am bored in 5 minutes.

Back in the day, it was friends

Why can't you just make yourself do things despite them being uncomfortable? Just stop watching the fucking sitcoms jfl. You can do that despite it being stressful. You don't even need to do anything productive. Just stop watching them and do literally anything else.
I don't know, I honestly can't tell for sure. I guess I've been depressed for way too many years, now my brain has morphed into something that literally doesn't enjoy anything. It's not even that I find things pointless I guess, cause nothing is more pointless than watching sitcoms on repeat. But for some reason I literally can't enjoy anything else, I just don't like doing anything else, it doesn't give me dopamine at all. It actually drains me to do anything else.

I guess sitcoms in this case are a replacement for ... sleep. I can't just sleep all day, so I'm awake. But I can't just lay there staring at the ceiling, and the next best thing is watching sitcoms. With the added benefit of small streams of dopamine and loud noises that distract me.

Idk, I'm talking out my ass. Have no idea why I'm this way.

Autism tbh. But I get it just as much socialization as you need without becoming unprefictive or overwhelming. Obviously not optimal cuz not realy, but that is the problem with autism; dichotomous needs. We need it both ways, can't go with it, can't go without it and always in a weird limbo. This is the case with so many things. Our programming is brokem contradictory.

What do ypu watch? I used to watch/listen to sitcoms a lot as well back in time, when I started to rot, reminding me of better times. Every morning and every night to sleep for hours. Favourite is prolly still two and a half men. (Boomer Consoomer Soy)

I watch it's always sunny in Philadelphia over an over again.

Autism tbh. But I get it just as much socialization as you need without becoming unprefictive or overwhelming. Obviously not optimal cuz not realy, but that is the problem with autism; dichotomous needs. We need it both ways, can't go with it, can't go without it and always in a weird limbo. This is the case with so many things. Our programming is brokem contradictory.

What do ypu watch? I used to watch/listen to sitcoms a lot as well back in time, when I started to rot, reminding me of better times. Every morning and every night to sleep for hours. Favourite is prolly still two and a half men. (Boomer Consoomer Soy)
Yeah I'm definitely somewhere on the spectrum, autism or aspergers, idk but I've got something I think.

As for what I watch, f(everything sort of blends together in my mind, I forget years of my life so I don't even remember when's the last time I've watched which one) I've been watching Frasier, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The office (soy but it's really easy to rewatch), Married with Children - these ones I've rewatched a lot more in the past few months, I've been repeating too much. I guess there's months where I repeat more of some and I get tired of others. But the rotation of ones I've watched very much includes: Seinfeld (big one, for a while there I was watching this tens of times). Scrubs, 30 rock, Archer, South Park, Community, Brooklyn 99 (soy, feminism), Modern Family (soy and feminism), New girl (ugh), Everybody loves Raymond, 70s show (fucking cunt Donna I hate that bitch so much I can't rewatch anymore thought I rewatched it several times), Malcolm in the middle (fuck I hate the mother so much), Parks and Rec (too much soy and feminism), Friends (soy). And of course there's some sitcoms that I've watched several times too but I only repeat them when I'm too tired of the usual shit: Arrested development, Curb your enthusiasm, TBBT (this one is too retarded and too feminist to watch too often), 2 and a half men, Futurama (for some reason I don't like watching this anymore) etc...

There's others too, but I didn't include stuff that I only watched once or twice in its entirety. Obviously not all the ones mentioned above have been watched 50 times, but there's like a core group of 10 or so that I rewatched A LOT.

Last edited:
Mogs me. I didn't even watch half of it. (Mostly cuz I used regular TV) scrubs, new girl, himym, malcolm in the middle, tbbt, 2 broke girls, the mentalist, psych, fresh off the boat,

Mogs me. I didn't even watch half of it. (Mostly cuz I used regular TV) scrubs, new girl, himym, malcolm in the middle, tbbt, 2 broke girls, the mentalist, psych, fresh off the boat,
Hah yeah I watched all of those too, I guess I just forgot to include them in the list, my memory is shit. Himym I actually rewatched quite a bit, several times.

I remember watching married with children as a teenager during summer break from school. Two episodes in the noon and re-runs at 3am in the morning while playing maplestory at the same time, good times. That show was blackpilled.

Comfort plus sitcoms require very low concentration level. I used to this when I was younger, but now I'm even too low concentration for sitcoms, I just watch random crap on Youtube or play low-effort vidya. I've seen Frasier probably 20 times-- when you get around to watching a channel called Critical Android on Normietube, which reviews every individual episode of Frasier, it's time to kill yourself.

I remember watching married with children as a teenager during summer break from school. Two episodes in the noon and re-runs at 3am in the morning while playing maplestory at the same time, good times. That show was blackpilled.
Yeah it's one of the most blackpilled shows ever. Of course it's still a sitcom so it has a lot of flaws and bluepilled shit, but by sitcom standards it's blackpilled as hell.
Comfort plus sitcoms require very low concentration level. I used to this when I was younger, but now I'm even too low concentration for sitcoms, I just watch random crap on Youtube or play low-effort vidya. I've seen Frasier probably 20 times-- when you get around to watching a channel called Critical Android on Normietube, which reviews every individual episode of Frasier, it's time to kill yourself.
Huh, I actually find that youtube videos take more energy and concentration. Sitcoms are almost like turning your brain off, it's almost like sleeping tbh.

Frasier is really good, it's actually one of the shows I've watched most. Lmao, I was even thinking of doing a per episode analysis myself but that sounded like way too much work so I didn't bother (and I'd never have the energy to do that anyway). Damn my life really is such a waste.

Last edited:
It's so true dude, I've watched GoT and Breaking Bad like 10 x each by now. I usually tend to watch other people react to them like I somehow have a friend with me and I like seeing peoples reactions who watched it for the first time so it's not exactly the full episode but still why do I care, why do I watch this shit over and over? I notice we're very similar and for me it's trying to drown out the thoughts, the cringe-memories and everything else, just keeping your brain occupied so you don't have to stop and realize how fucked your life is.

Peak cringe feminism from this bitch btw:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghAZLpPoCc
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc9cjvkFrFs

It’s so sad that someone has to replace socializing and forming bonds with watching actors on a screen

It's so true dude, I've watched GoT and Breaking Bad like 10 x each by now. I usually tend to watch other people react to them like I somehow have a friend with me and I like seeing peoples reactions who watched it for the first time so it's not exactly the full episode but still why do I care, why do I watch this shit over and over? I notice we're very similar and for me it's trying to drown out the thoughts, the cringe-memories and everything else, just keeping your brain occupied so you don't have to stop and realize how fucked your life is.

Peak cringe feminism from this bitch btw:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghAZLpPoCc
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc9cjvkFrFs

Cringe and humiliating memories really haunt me, I was just thinking about this. Just now I was watching a youtube video, and there was a dude trying to jiggle the handle of a door. BOOM, flashback to a humiliating memory. Simple shit like that triggers memories and they're kinda painful tbh, I literally close my eyes to calm down. So many of these memories that even simple, mundane stuff like this that seems totally normal starts these flashbacks, even though these things are so seemingly normal and should in no way trigger memories for anyone.

But tbh I don't think it's just 1 or 2 reasons we do this, it's many different reasons all rolled into one dysfunctional habit. I hope I can stop some day but it's so hard, not having a show to distract me and occupy my mind is actually very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
never really been in to watching tv shows, the only thing i still watch even since when i was a kid is pokemon episodes

I used to watch Friends a lot. It's not even a very funny show. Every episode is the same tired I Love Lucy style sitcom plot of one character not being told something and everyone acting weird because of it. I mainly watched the show (and still do) just to see Jennifer Aniston's tits.

I watch it's always sunny in Philadelphia over an over again.
Always sunny is pretty great. I used to watch an episode before i went to sleep a couple years ago
when you get around to watching a channel called Critical Android on Normietube, which reviews every individual episode of Frasier, it's time to kill yourself.
Ngl i loled in real life when i read this. That does seem like a pathetic low
I used to watch Friends a lot. It's not even a very funny show. Every episode is the same tired I Love Lucy style sitcom plot of one character not being told something and everyone acting weird because of it. I mainly watched the show (and still do) just to see Jennifer Aniston's tits.
The tits in that show were always hard. Always enjoyed staring at jennifer annistons nipples through her shirt

Last edited:
I've said this a lot of times before but: I keep rewatching the same sitcoms 50+ times. I've got like 10 or so sitcoms that I keep playing the entire 10 seasons of each of one, then I move on to the next then back to another one. For the past few years I've been able to rot all day long almost, many days 16 hours a day on the PC and a lot of those I'm just watching sitcoms, sometimes just browsing stuff with the sitcom in the background of course.

I play them in the background a lot but tbh most of the time is spent actually watching it. Actively watching a sitcom I've seen tens of times already.

It's really weird. I guess I can try to explain it: it delivers small doses of dopamine and other things constantly. The little jokes, the sounds, the laughs. It not only feels comfy and pleasant, but it also feels less lonely. Not lonely as in missing other people, but even just playing a game or something feels ... eerily quiet, not even music alleviates this. But watching a sitcom I've already seen feels like ... home. It's maximum comfiness, it's like I've retreated into my shell and I'm just comfily vegetating with a small but constant stream of dopamine. ALSO, the most important aspect I think: it uses no mental energy, I've talked about how it's very difficult for me to use any energy, even mental one. So much so that even watching new shows or movies is a use of energy. But watching the same comfy sitcoms that feels so familiar, that feel like home ... they use 0 energy. It's the closest thing to being asleep I think, what else can you do while awake that uses less energy but is still stimulating enough to not be bored?

It's a really weird addiction, and addiction is the perfect word for it too. I can't stop tbh. I tried several times, I keep trying. But I get so anxious and stressed, it's like I'm unplugged and tossed into a big, scary, random world when I don't have a sitcom going. I even thought that when I start wageslaving, maybe I'll be able to somehow put on headphones and listen to my sitcoms all day long, that would reduce my stress and anxiety when wageslaving. But obviously that's not realistic, can't wear headphones at the job.

It does feel like literally wasting my life. But not doing it feels so shit. I guess I can't stand being alone with my own thoughts for too long, that's another element of it. Can't properly explain why I don't just watch new stuff, maybe it's really just the energy thing, who knows.
Getting flashing images and sounds of sitcoms in your head is only a good escapist cope when you are a kid imo. When you are an adult it just gets so tiring and frustrating because you can't "get out of your head" tbh

Based-nearcel said:
It’s so sad that someone has to replace socializing and forming bonds with watching actors on a screen
:feelsbadman:

Last edited:
Do you watch Star Trek TNG as one of your sitcom type of entertainments?

Do you watch Star Trek TNG as one of your sitcom type of entertainments?
Nope, always kinda disliked Star Trek and Star Wars for that nerd stereotype. Ugh, disgusting soys ruined my mental images of those franchises.
Is it Frasier? Becauase I've watched almost all frasier epsiodes at least half a dozen times in different mediums. Originally I had them downloaded on my laptop. Then for a while they were on youtube. Then they became on netflix. And now I have them on my ipad.

I've been watching Frasier almost daily for 20+ years now.
Yeah, as I mentioned in another post, Frasier is one of the main ones, probably have the most mileage on it.

No friends for your face

:feelsokman:Relatable per usual
Yeah I'm definitely somewhere on the spectrum, autism or aspergers, idk but I've got something I think.

As for what I watch, f(everything sort of blends together in my mind, I forget years of my life so I don't even remember when's the last time I've watched which one) I've been watching Frasier, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The office (soy but it's really easy to rewatch), Married with Children - these ones I've rewatched a lot more in the past few months, I've been repeating too much. I guess there's months where I repeat more of some and I get tired of others. But the rotation of ones I've watched very much includes: Seinfeld (big one, for a while there I was watching this tens of times). Scrubs, 30 rock, Archer, South Park, Community, Brooklyn 99 (soy, feminism), Modern Family (soy and feminism), New girl (ugh), Everybody loves Raymond, 70s show (fucking cunt Donna I hate that bitch so much I can't rewatch anymore thought I rewatched it several times), Malcolm in the middle (fuck I hate the mother so much), Parks and Rec (too much soy and feminism), Friends (soy). And of course there's some sitcoms that I've watched several times too but I only repeat them when I'm too tired of the usual shit: Arrested development, Curb your enthusiasm, TBBT (this one is too retarded and too feminist to watch too often), 2 and a half men, Futurama (for some reason I don't like watching this anymore) etc...

There's others too, but I didn't include stuff that I only watched once or twice in its entirety. Obviously not all the ones mentioned above have been watched 50 times, but there's like a core group of 10 or so that I rewatched A LOT.

I'd lovs to fuck redhead Donna in the ass

Last edited:
i like married with children maybe i will watch some youtube mix clips from best moments

Seinfeld is pretty good I must admit.
I don't like it, the comedy in it is forced with laugh tracks and the jokes haven't aged well.

You're starved for human interaction

That's like me with YouTube vids jfl. Gonna stop tho
I do that with youtube vids too. I've watched all and each Key and Peele skits like 30 times. Griffy skits too. And other stuff.

@anon1822

I don't know whether you're looking for any non-American sitcoms to diversify your viewing, but I've taken a strong liking lately to the British ones. For example:

Blackadder
Black Books
Jeeves and Wooster
Bottom
Absolutely Fabulous
Porterhouse Blue (more a miniseries but still pretty funny)

@anon1822

I don't know whether you're looking for any non-American sitcoms to diversify your viewing, but I've taken a strong liking lately to the British ones. For example:

Blackadder
Black Books
Jeeves and Wooster
Bottom
Absolutely Fabulous
Porterhouse Blue (more a miniseries but still pretty funny)
Ohh I loved Black books. I only watched it like 3 times in total but it's a definite 10/10.

The only reason I don't watch more British shows is that I prefer shows with a lot of episodes and a lot of seasons. Frasier for example has like 200 episodes + in total. (also tbh I find it harder to understand British people, I'm used to the American accent and vernacular).

I also delete every show after I finish a marathon and then I redownload it when I want to watch it again (limited SSD space). So smaller shows make it harder to do that.

But thanks for the suggestions! Definitely will check.

Good self analysis tbh, i couldn't do this myself, since my emotions and sensations are so fucked up.

High IQ JFL