Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel My Ultimate Language Learning Guide!!!

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
[This is WIP, I plan to add pictures later to make this more interesting to read]

So first of all, as some of you already know, I am really into language learning.
It is one of the best copes as it takes time to learn a language and when you have learned it, you can consume media that has never been available in a language you knew before!

But let's cut the bullshit and let's get into how I have learned languages.
This method has worked for majority of people who have had trouble learning languages so I hope it works for you too!

1. Learn what to learn

If you are learning things that do not make you better at your target language fast enough, you will get frustrated.
Learn every-day words or words that you encounter very often in your target media.
This is crucial, or you will not understand anything what is being said!

The next thing you need is a goal that you can aim for.
For most languages, you can be conversational with just 2 000 words (when I say a word, I mean a word and its conjugations; "cat" and "cats" are the same word).
At this point, you will start to learn new words through context, your brain automatically knows the meaning of the new word.
And 2 000 might sound a lot, but the more words you learn, the easier it gets. Memory is like a muscle and you can make it better simply by using it.

Note that if you have studied a language before but haven't become conversational, you might have achieved 2 000 words BUT you haven't reached 2 000 most common words. You might have learned words that aren't used daily at all! So don't get frustrated, try again with this guide!!

When it comes to grammar, it really depends on the languages you already know.
If you go from more complex grammar to simpler grammar, it will be much easier.
If you are speaking a less complex language (Chinese, English, etc) you need to a lot of grammar in the beginning but don't force it too much either. Learn sentences and you'll figure out what conjugations to use.
Grammar also has irregularities, these are things you have to learn when you encounter them. Don't force yourself to learn a bunch of irregularities because it is boring!!

2. Learn how to learn

Next step is actually starting to learn your target language.
Keep that 2 000 words in your mind.

I am currently learning Chinese and Japanese and I use
Anki.
Anki is a free software for PC and Android, paid for spoiled kids who use iOS.
Anki uses word repitition system so the words that are hard for you will come up again many times until you remember them.
You could use Anki for learning anything, not just languages.

You can make your own deck for it or download other decks. I have done both and both are pretty effective.

If you want to download a deck, make sure it meets your goals.
There are official language testing institutions that hold tests like HSK for Chinese and JLPT for Japanese.
I have downloaded Anki decks that have the words that in those official tests so it will help me passing the official exams!!

3. Learning a writing system and new sounds

If you are learning a language that has new sounds (phonology) and new writing system, it will take you some extra work.

With learning new sounds, you have to listen a lot and repeat what they are saying.
For example, Chinese has tones. Tones means lowering and rising your voice will completely change the meaning of the word!!
In cases like these, I highly recommend learning with audio based lessons.
I used Pimmsleur's Mandarin Chinese to get to a point where I could recognize the tones and pronounce them.
The consonants of Chinese are still pretty hard for me but I believe I will eventually master them.
Just keep using the language, it will come at some point.

Now the writing system.
If you are learning a language with a new writing system, you have to learn the writing system. Don't skip it.
It will be much harder for you to acquire new words after you have mastered the initial 2 000 words.
Reading is sometimes even more important than speaking, it is huge help for learning vocabulary. People tend to use more complex vocabulary when writing than speaking so you will be much better at speaking because you are "lowering" your skill when speaking if you are good at writing and reading.

As a lot of you know, Japanese and Chinese both use Chinese characters and you need thousands of them to read.
I am currently at around 750+ characters and learning them has helped me more than I can imagine!!
A lot of words in both languages are made of two or more characters. This means that learning the characters makes learning the words easier.
Volcano is fire-mountain. I know both fire and mountain so when I saw fire-mountain it was extremely easy to remember that word! You hear and and see the character, it's very hard to forget it!

But how do you learn the characters then?
I will edit this later to explain it in further detail but
I write the characters that come up on Anki. If I don't remember how to write it, I tell Anki I don't know the word.

TLDR; Learn 2 000 most common words, write them on paper until you remember them

@exe you wanted to be tagged

Tag me when you finally get around to it

Last edited:
Good guide bro. It will be useful

Fellow languagecel. As for me I learn and use the swear words of the language that I want to learn as the starter

Nice guide, OP.

I've always fancied learning a relatively obscure language and then speaking in it to strangers to troll them.

Fellow languagecel. As for me I learn and use the swear words of the language that I want to learn as the starter
That's a pretty good start, I've done it too

Holy fuck that looks good.

I actually did want to try a new language, I will try this advice.

I appreciate the effort put into this

FinnCel can we practice japanese together? (I got my A1 certificate last christmas), i am also a native spanish speaker so we can language exchange together if you want.

Alternativily what about making a incel-only language learning group?

FinnCel can we practice japanese together? (I got my A1 certificate last christmas), i am also a native spanish speaker so we can language exchange together if you want.

Alternativily what about making a incel-only language learning group?
It's been many many years since I was learning Spanish. I have forgotten most of it.
Sure, I can give you tips, I have been learning Japanese for several years now. I do have some Japanese friends with whom I practice from time to time.

BTW. Forgot that I can't edit my original post so RIP adding pictures

High IQ post. I've been using Anki myself for a while and I can confirm that it is one of the best ways to learn vocabulary.

Another thing that I've found helpful at least for myself, is when reading a book or text in your target language, keep a notebook next to you and whenever you see a word that you don't know, write it down into the notebook. Search for the definitions after you're done reading and then add them to your Anki deck. Because you're learning them in the context of the book that you're reading, the words tend to stick a lot better than if you learnt them by themselves.

For learning a new script like the Cyrillic or Greek alphabet or the (((Hebrew))) abjad, what I found most helpful was first writing them out as many times as possible just to get a feel of how the letters are written. Next, I would find any letters with the same look and sound as their Latin Script counterparts such as Alpha, Epsilon, Zeta or letters that look similar but sound different such as Beta, or Upsilon. After learning sounds of the letters similar to Latin Script, learn the letters that are not, like Ω, Δ, Ξ. Mnemonics can be helpful for this.

Then, start transliterating, write out some words using the new script, your name, your city, or even full sentences in your native language but in the new script. Αρπαντος. ελλο φελλοω γρεεκς.

Learn any diphthongs or letter combinations while learning the letters. For example, αι makes an "eh" sound, ει, υι, and οι all make "ee" sounds.

This document is pretty helpful as well tbhsrs

Attachments

• Lesson01-ModernGreekPronunciation (Version that works).pdf
    140 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Just jack me into the matrix and upload the language into my head, bro.

High IQ post. I've been using Anki myself for a while and I can confirm that it is one of the best ways to learn vocabulary.

Another thing that I've found helpful at least for myself, is when reading a book or text in your target language, keep a notebook next to you and whenever you see a word that you don't know, write it down into the notebook. Search for the definitions after you're done reading and then add them to your Anki deck. Because you're learning them in the context of the book that your reading, the words tend to stick a lot better than if you learnt them by themselves.

For learning a new script like the Cyrillic or Greek alphabet or the (((Hebrew))) abjad, what I found most helpful was first writing them out as many times as possible just to get a feel of how the letters are written. Next, I would find any letters with the same look and sound as their Latin Script counterparts such as Alpha, Epsilon, Zeta or letters that look similar but sound different such as Beta, or Upsilon. After learning sounds of the letters similar to Latin Script, learn the letters that are not, like Ω, Δ, Ξ. Mnemonics can be helpful for this.

Then, start transliterating, write out some words using the new script, your name, your city, or even full sentences in your native language but in the new script. Αρπαντος. ελλο φελλοω γρεεκς.

Learn any diphthongs or letter combinations while learning the letters. For example, αι makes an "eh" sound, ει, υι, and οι all make "ee" sounds.

This document is pretty helpful as well tbhsrs
High IQ response
Writing down itself is reviewing the words.

I learned Russian alphabet only because I see it everywhere (I live in a town close to Russia). I only checked once in a while how each letter was pronounced so I can kinda pronounce them.
I know Russian isn't pronounced exactly like it is written. If I were to study it, I'd do what you're doing.

Btw how many languages do you speak/have studied?

Btw how many languages do you speak/have studied?

I speak English as my native
I learnt most of my French from school, I had to take most of my classes in French but I studied it a bit after
I was pretty good with Esperanto a conlang but frankly it's useless so I gave up on it.

How many languages do you know?

I speak English as my native
I learnt most of my French from school, I had to take most of my classes in French but I studied it a bit after
I was pretty good with Esperanto a conlang but frankly it's useless so I gave up on it.

How many languages do you know?
Unbelievable, an English speaker learning other languages!!

I agree with Esperanto. It has become pretty useless but at one point it could have become lingua franca

Finnish is my native
At school I studied English, Swedish and German.
By myself I've been studying Chinese and Japanese

Dont know which to learn. Which is language of my cute adorable loli waifu

Just jack me into the matrix and upload the language into my head, bro.
High IQ tbh. Learning a lang is useless IMO unless you go live in that country. I myself know 3 1/3 languages(including Eng) due to geographical circumstances tbhngl

[This is WIP, I plan to add pictures later to make this more interesting to read]

So first of all, as some of you already know, I am really into language learning.
It is one of the best copes as it takes time to learn a language and when you have learned it, you can consume media that has never been available in a language you knew before!

This method has worked for majority of people who have had trouble learning languages so I hope it works for you too!

1. Learn what to learn

If you are learning things that do not make you better at your target language fast enough, you will get frustrated.
Learn every-day words or words that you encounter very often in your target media.

For most languages, you can be conversational with just 2 000 words (when I say a word, I mean a word and its conjugations; "cat" and "cats" are the same word).
At this point, you will start to learn new words through context, your brain automatically knows the meaning of the new word.
And 2 000 might sound a lot, but the more words you learn, the easier it gets. Memory is like a muscle and you can make it better simply by using it.

Note that if you have studied a language before but haven't become conversational, you might have achieved 2 000 words BUT you haven't reached 2 000 most common words. You might have learned words that aren't used daily at all! So don't get frustrated, try again with this guide!!

If you are speaking a less complex language (Chinese, English, etc) you need to a lot of grammar in the beginning but don't force it too much either. Learn sentences and you'll figure out what conjugations to use.
Grammar also has irregularities, these are things you have to learn when you encounter them. Don't force yourself to learn a bunch of irregularities because it is boring!!

2. Learn how to learn

Anki.
Anki uses word repitition system so the words that are hard for you will come up again many times until you remember them.

You can make your own deck for it or download other decks. I have done both and both are pretty effective.

There are official language testing institutions that hold tests like HSK for Chinese and JLPT for Japanese.
I have downloaded Anki decks that have the words that in those official tests so it will help me passing the official exams!!

If you are learning a language that has new sounds (phonology) and new writing system, it will take you some extra work.

With learning new sounds, you have to listen a lot and repeat what they are saying.
For example, Chinese has tones. Tones means lowering and rising your voice will completely change the meaning of the word!!
I used Pimmsleur's Mandarin Chinese to get to a point where I could recognize the tones and pronounce them.
The consonants of Chinese are still pretty hard for me but I believe I will eventually master them.

Now the writing system.
If you are learning a language with a new writing system, you have to learn the writing system. Don't skip it.
It will be much harder for you to acquire new words after you have mastered the initial 2 000 words.
Reading is sometimes even more important than speaking, it is huge help for learning vocabulary. People tend to use more complex vocabulary when writing than speaking so you will be much better at speaking because you are "lowering" your skill when speaking if you are good at writing and reading.

As a lot of you know, Japanese and Chinese both use Chinese characters and you need thousands of them to read.
I am currently at around 750+ characters and learning them has helped me more than I can imagine!!
A lot of words in both languages are made of two or more characters. This means that learning the characters makes learning the words easier.
Volcano is fire-mountain. I know both fire and mountain so when I saw fire-mountain it was extremely easy to remember that word! You hear and and see the character, it's very hard to forget it!

I write the characters that come up on Anki. If I don't remember how to write it, I tell Anki I don't know the word.

TLDR; Learn 2 000 most common words, write them on paper until you remember them

Good guide bro. It will be useful

Can a mod @Master sticky this High IQ thread please?
I asked about learning another language in the Discord server. This is very useful.

High IQ tbh. Learning a lang is useless IMO unless you go live in that country. I myself know 3 1/3 languages(including Eng) due to geographical circumstances tbhngl
english, russian and i'm gonna say the last is...ukrainian?

english, russian and i'm gonna say the last is...ukrainian?
No lel I will never say it but it's not a slavic lang. Although you can count in Ukrainian too ig because it's easy to understand and I know what Ukrainians are speaking about most of the time tbh. Any slav language would be so easy to learn for me since all are similiar ded srs. I could go to Poland and learn it fluently in a month I believe..or I used to skype with this pička Croatian guy and sometimes I could understand what he was saying lel

Although you can count in Ukrainian too ig because it's easy to understand and I know what Ukrainians are speaking about most of the time tbh.
is it like how serbian and croatian are pretty much the same language but if you point it out they get mad

Blackpill: the only language you need to know is english

im currently learning japanese

good way to ldar, and i like japan

Im interested in dead languiges like latin

I wish I could learn Spanish but right now I have too much to do in college.
Im interested in dead languiges like latin
I was never interested in learning it but now I have to for college and it's very interesting tbh. Already memorized the two first declinations.

Hodie sunt nuptiae puellae. In Aedibus sunt puella et incel.

I have learned one language already (Japanese) and now I am trying to learn Deutsch

I've always fancied learning a relatively obscure language and then speaking in it to strangers to troll them.
I can speak 3 languages fluently, currently learning japanese. I love to act like I speak another language when someone tries to ask me something.

chad can barely speak english properly and cant into grammar but he gets to spread his low iq seed. meanwhile the geniuses on this forum speak multiple languages just to keep the suicidal thoughts away.

HONK HONK!

Why haven't I seen this before

i hate to learn a language in solitude. yeah i can talk to myself but that is not the same as having a person to talk to and the issue is that i have nobody to talk to. rip, forever alone learning broken spanish

I’m going to Turkishmaxx I think. Turkey seems interesting to me, and the language sounds cool. Also knajjd has a bit of a part in sparking my interest.

Funnily enough, I used to hate Turkey since one of my best friends (in 2014-15) was from Greece, and I was interested in Greece at the time (the two nations hate the shit out of each other)

Thanks for the great guide.
I'm learning Chinese as well.
I'll check "Anki" out.

Thanks for the great guide.
I'm learning Chinese as well.
I'll check "Anki" out.
Focus on learning characters with words.
You'll find it easier to remember words later on because they consist of characters you already know

need to relearn German ded srs

good thread, may help

I can barely speak english, my mother told me to stop mumbling but I don't know how tbh. I have to repeat myself 2 or 3 times before someone understands me usually.

I can barely speak english, my mother told me to stop mumbling but I don't know how tbh. I have to repeat myself 2 or 3 times before someone understands me usually.
I have a similar problem.
I have to concentrate in articulating myself so that people can understand me

I have a similar problem.
I have to concentrate in articulating myself so that people can understand me
I need speech therapy probably, doesn't help that I have massive panic attacks when talking to strangers.

1. Learn what to learn

2. Learn how to learn

Anki.

Now the writing system.

I'll graduate in september then i'll start learning arabic KeK

This is helpful. I'm bilingual, but I have to learn 3 or more languages for my line of work. I'm best at nailing accents really well especially arabic.

Because of your accent, I assume? If it's your grammar then you just need to speak more.

Accent, yeah.
Eh, I guess you just need to listen more. The trick is to find something that's engaging. If you find it boring then you won't really pay attention to it and you won't retain the accent at all.

いいです。あなたの日本語のレベルはなに? N5 かな?

いいです。あなたの日本語のレベルはなに? N5 かな?
今たぶん N3。

お前のアバターは悪くない!!