Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel My Ultimate Language Learning Guide!!!

you have successfully made language learning look like an appealing cope. should i fall for the esperanto meme? it's a constructed language that's supposed to be really easy to learn and while not very useful it will make learning other languages easier.

Should I fall for the Esperanto meme? it's a constructed language that's supposed to be really easy to learn and while not very useful it will make learning other languages easier.
Esperanto is pretty easy tbh. The only actual hard part is getting used to the accusative case because they don't have it in English. If you know a language that already has that, it's no problem.

On one hand the part about learning other languages being easier is true. You'll get accustomed to the method and habits that you need to learn any language, like reviewing everyday, getting used to reading and speaking in a foreign tongue, building vocabulary &c. You'll also end up learning a lot of vocabulary used in other languages. I also recall that about 60% come from Romance languages (Latin, French, Spanish &c.) 30% from Germanic (German, Dutch, English &c.) and the rest from Slavic, Uralic and other language families. Once you build up enough vocabulary, you'll be able to recognize cognates with many other European languages.

On the other hand, it's pretty useless by itself. You'll only be able to use it online, like the Lernu forums or Esperamondo. however, there's a fair amount of literature in the language such as Marvirinstrato, Kumeŭaŭa, as well as many poems which are worth checking out. That's the main reason I learnt Esperanto, simply to read the many novels and books that were written in it.

If you just want it for making other languages easier though, it's going to be faster to just learn your target language right away rather than learn Esperanto first.

Last edited:
Esperanto is pretty easy tbh.
pretty easy doesn't seem like the highest degree of ease, do you know any more useful languages that are just as easy or easier? i don't really have a target language but spanish is a classic choice. i also learned a bit of german in middle school because it was le unique choice.

pretty easy doesn't seem like the highest degree of ease, do you know any more useful languages that are just as easy or easier?
Esperanto is the easiest language possible. No exceptions to the grammar, 100% phonetic spelling, you'll already know between 30-90% of the vocabulary, no new pronunciation to learn (if you're an Anglophone) , half the words are derived from others, "bad" is just "ungood", "dark" is just "unbright".

i don't really have a target language but spanish is a classic choice. i also learned a bit of german in middle school because it was le unique choice.

Easiest language is probably either Swedish or Dutch. Only really useful in those specific places though.

Spanish and French are both easy enough and have much wider spread and use.

Easiest language is probably either Swedish or Dutch. Only really useful in those specific places though.

Spanish and French are both easy enough and have much wider spread and use.
Language being "easy" depends mostly on what languages the speaker already knows.
Me, as an agglutinative language speaker, fixed word order isn't a thing. We can swap around the word order.
In languages with barely any inflection (like English and Chinese), certain word order must be learned and used. It is a difficulty in itself

Language being "easy" depends mostly on what languages the speaker already knows.
Me, as an agglutinative language speaker, fixed word order isn't a thing. We can swap around the word order.
In languages with barely any inflection (like English and Chinese), certain word order must be learned and used. It is a difficulty in itself

Finnish is an agglutinative language? interesting, that was one of my main roadblocks in starting to learn Russian, since word order just doesn't matter at all due to declensions and cases and such where the form of the word is where it's meaning relative to a sentence comes from.
I've just thought about how much fun learning Esperanto sounds like. Might do it as a fun little side quest if anyone is also interested. We could correspond in Esperanto, that would be interesting lol

Last edited:
Finnish is an agglutinative language? interesting, that was one of my main roadblocks in starting to learn Russian, since word order just doesn't matter at all due to declensions and cases and such where the form of the word is where it's meaning relative to a sentence comes from.
I've just thought about how much fun learning Esperanto sounds like. Might do it as a fun little side quest if anyone is also interested. We could correspond in Esperanto, that would be interesting lol
Yes, very much so.
Finnish has more cases than Russian but less adpositions (due to cases).

Go for Esperanto if you like it.
I don't see it as a useful language so I don't bother learning it.
However I'm interested in it because I like languages in general

I want to learn Russia. Already understand a lot but can't say shit.

I want to learn Russia. Already understand a lot but can't say shit.
I recommend you repeat sentences you hear and try to understand what they mean.

I recommend you repeat sentences you hear and try to understand what they mean.
I understand the Russian grammar, I am a native speaker of another Slavic language.

Nice. Im learning polish, but this will help greatly. Thanks!

Nice. Im learning polish, but this will help greatly. Thanks!
I think polish is one of the hardest of the Slavic languages because it has more grammatical genders
Neuter, masculine animate, masculine inanimate, feminine animate and feminine inanimate

I think polish is one of the hardest of the Slavic languages because it has more grammatical genders
Neuter, masculine animate, masculine inanimate, feminine animate and feminine inanimate
Im half polish. So im forced to. I can speak it but the writing is gibberish to me.

Im planning to learn danish tbh.

Not really. I want to learn it to greenlandmaxx

You better be tall or you're wasting your time, netherlands people are tall as hell, if you aren't at least 6ft you are wasting your time learning such a language.

If anyone wants to learn language quickly and efficiently, I recommend this method. It's called listening-reading and it's really intense but fun at the same time. It's addicting once you get into it, and it suits any language.

He said Denmark not the Netherlands.

Country name sounded "netherlandsy" to me lol, its in Scandinavia, I guess I'm geographically incorrect, but I pretty much think of all cold places with majority white people that have "vikingish" sounding names as "netherlands" JFL.

[This is WIP, I plan to add pictures later to make this more interesting to read]

So first of all, as some of you already know, I am really into language learning.
It is one of the best copes as it takes time to learn a language and when you have learned it, you can consume media that has never been available in a language you knew before!

But let's cut the bullshit and let's get into how I have learned languages.
This method has worked for majority of people who have had trouble learning languages so I hope it works for you too!

1. Learn what to learn

If you are learning things that do not make you better at your target language fast enough, you will get frustrated.
Learn every-day words or words that you encounter very often in your target media.
This is crucial, or you will not understand anything what is being said!

The next thing you need is a goal that you can aim for.
For most languages, you can be conversational with just 2 000 words (when I say a word, I mean a word and its conjugations; "cat" and "cats" are the same word).
At this point, you will start to learn new words through context, your brain automatically knows the meaning of the new word.
And 2 000 might sound a lot, but the more words you learn, the easier it gets. Memory is like a muscle and you can make it better simply by using it.

Note that if you have studied a language before but haven't become conversational, you might have achieved 2 000 words BUT you haven't reached 2 000 most common words. You might have learned words that aren't used daily at all! So don't get frustrated, try again with this guide!!

When it comes to grammar, it really depends on the languages you already know.
If you go from more complex grammar to simpler grammar, it will be much easier.
If you are speaking a less complex language (Chinese, English, etc) you need to a lot of grammar in the beginning but don't force it too much either. Learn sentences and you'll figure out what conjugations to use.
Grammar also has irregularities, these are things you have to learn when you encounter them. Don't force yourself to learn a bunch of irregularities because it is boring!!

2. Learn how to learn

Next step is actually starting to learn your target language.
Keep that 2 000 words in your mind.

I am currently learning Chinese and Japanese and I use
Anki.
Anki is a free software for PC and Android, paid for spoiled kids who use iOS.
Anki uses word repitition system so the words that are hard for you will come up again many times until you remember them.
You could use Anki for learning anything, not just languages.

You can make your own deck for it or download other decks. I have done both and both are pretty effective.

If you want to download a deck, make sure it meets your goals.
There are official language testing institutions that hold tests like HSK for Chinese and JLPT for Japanese.
I have downloaded Anki decks that have the words that in those official tests so it will help me passing the official exams!!

3. Learning a writing system and new sounds

If you are learning a language that has new sounds (phonology) and new writing system, it will take you some extra work.

With learning new sounds, you have to listen a lot and repeat what they are saying.
For example, Chinese has tones. Tones means lowering and rising your voice will completely change the meaning of the word!!
In cases like these, I highly recommend learning with audio based lessons.
I used Pimmsleur's Mandarin Chinese to get to a point where I could recognize the tones and pronounce them.
The consonants of Chinese are still pretty hard for me but I believe I will eventually master them.
Just keep using the language, it will come at some point.

Now the writing system.
If you are learning a language with a new writing system, you have to learn the writing system. Don't skip it.
It will be much harder for you to acquire new words after you have mastered the initial 2 000 words.
Reading is sometimes even more important than speaking, it is huge help for learning vocabulary. People tend to use more complex vocabulary when writing than speaking so you will be much better at speaking because you are "lowering" your skill when speaking if you are good at writing and reading.

As a lot of you know, Japanese and Chinese both use Chinese characters and you need thousands of them to read.
I am currently at around 750+ characters and learning them has helped me more than I can imagine!!
A lot of words in both languages are made of two or more characters. This means that learning the characters makes learning the words easier.
Volcano is fire-mountain. I know both fire and mountain so when I saw fire-mountain it was extremely easy to remember that word! You hear and and see the character, it's very hard to forget it!

But how do you learn the characters then?
I will edit this later to explain it in further detail but
I write the characters that come up on Anki. If I don't remember how to write it, I tell Anki I don't know the word.

TLDR; Learn 2 000 most common words, write them on paper until you remember them

@exe you wanted to be tagged

Really cool man! I've been thinking about learning a new language. Thanks! :dab:

I will be using this. I'm going to learn Spanish and Sign Language. Thanks.

Last edited:
ok faggots, what language should I learn? Im between german and italian, I already speak spanish and english

im gonna start learning romanian soon

I will learn ricelanguage and seamaxx thx

I need motivation tbh. I dont have one.

Literally what is the point of learning another language if you aren't Chad

I get maybe learning japanese for anime or to move and JBW but thats still a stretch

Literally what is the point of learning another language if you aren't Chad

I get maybe learning japanese for anime or to move and JBW but thats still a stretch
To get more cope material

Learning a language is too hard tbh

Learning a language is too hard tbh
It takes some time.
Keep learning new words.
With juat 2000 words you can start having conversations

It takes some time.
Keep learning new words.
With juat 2000 words you can start having conversations
i have read somewhere that u need like 600 hours for germanic language, is it true?

i have read somewhere that u need like 600 hours for germanic language, is it true?
Germanic languages are really easy for English speakers. I recommend you start today! Might even faster than that

Germanic languages are really easy for English speakers. I recommend you start today! Might even faster than that
I will start pretty soon, need to get rid of metal in my leg.

Fuck I want to learn a new language but no motivation. Like you, I want to learn mandarin or japanese but since I'm from the west, Asian languages are harder to learn. How many languages do you speak @FinnCel, also gz on 20k boyo :feelsokman:

i kind of learned how to read japanese a while ago (excluding kanji)
it was fun tbh

Im learning english here

i kind of learned how to read japanese a while ago (excluding kanji)
it was fun tbh
Did you also learn how to speak? Like can you carry yourself in a casual conversation?

Did you also learn how to speak? Like can you carry yourself in a casual conversation?
i cant speak,maybe barely
i can only really read the synbols

i cant speak,maybe barely
i can only really read the synbols
Oh alright, would be a good cope to learn to the point where you can hold a conversation. Might start ngl

Oh alright, would be a good cope to learn to the point where you can hold a conversation.
i couldnt find any japanese person to converse with so id probably just forget it

i couldnt find any japanese person to converse with so id probably just forget it
Yeah, good point but if you watch anime or other japanese media it'd likely stick in your head. I never speak swedish but still know it fluently

I was considering learning Jap or Korean cause ideas lots of manga/eebnovels cope but I am unmotivated and I also heard Asians hate curries. so I haventt made progress learning it

I think I will try to learn my mother tongue and move back to the country my parents came from, assuming I don't kill myself before then, Canada is too cucked for me