Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL New oneshot DEATH NOTE manga features President Donald Trump. (SPOILERS)

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date

What do you think of President Trump starring in the latest Death Note?

• Based

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Fail

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dank

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Cringe

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Kek

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Yikes!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • HNNNG-

• REEEEEEE!!!

• Bruh

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Epic

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
@Einon, read no further if you haven't read it yet. I think I called it in the earlier thread...

I'm guessing new character, new notebook, etc. But why? Is it to make some kind of sociopolitical statement about the now times?

I think I was right. Donald Trump is in this.

In summary, there's a bidding war between America and China over a Death Note, and Donald wins the auction. But Ryuk is all like "There's a new rule. If you buy a Death Note, you die. But you can live if you just don't accept the Death Note." Trump says "I don't want the Death Note." Ryuk is all like "Fine. You get to live, but you don't get your money back also you're selfish for not making this sacrifice for your country. You could've died to keep the Death Note out of the hands of evil, but you won't do that."

People are calling it a dig at Trump. Agree? Disagree? Agree but maybe Death Note is always taking digs at powerful people?

I don't read or watch anime

No fucks given tbhngl

@Einon is it over?

MAGA boomers aren't going to be happy about this, they will start using Japanese flags as range targets.

MY NIGGA FINALLY GETTING THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES

Have not read it,will read right now after you posted this thread.
Thanks man.

@Einon, read no further if you haven't read it yet. I think I called it in the earlier thread...

I think I was right. Donald Trump is in this.

In summary, there's a bidding war between America and China over a Death Note, and Donald wins the auction. But Ryuk is all like "There's a new rule. If you buy a Death Note, you die. But you can live if you just don't accept the Death Note." Trump says "I don't want the Death Note." Ryuk is all like "Fine. You get to live, but you don't get your money back also you're selfish for not making this sacrifice for your country. You could've died to keep the Death Note out of the hands of evil, but you won't do that."

People are calling it a dig at Trump. Agree? Disagree? Agree but maybe Death Note is always taking digs at powerful people?
Trump never wanted it for his country in the first place, he wanted to present it to his masters like the good lap dog that he is

Is this actually real? LMFAO this is so random and out of place seeming

He would have just spent $500,000,000,000 on Israel if the Death Note didn't exist.

It had shit ending. Trump should have gotten the book foreal. And fuck the shinigami nigger king for adding in the gay rule that anyone who sells it dies. What gay shit is that

Agree? Disagree?
Okay.I have a couple thoughts on this having just finished it.

This oneshot,atleast in my eyes is supposed to be a reflection what the original death note story was.

Light was completely engulfed in idealism,idealism that he set for himself,that he began to think of himself as a god.
So when the end of the series came,he wasn't able to accept himself as being on the same playing field as everyone else,he thought he wouldn't be caught and he became lazy.

Minoru on the other hand intentionally never used the death note so that he never lost control of his own ego.
Instead of using it to cause suffering and create change that way,he used it to bring joy and uplift others.
This is death note so as always there has to be some gray when it comes to the end goal.
Everyone was foaming at the mouth for the money,which is understandable,but it kind of speaks to their character as a whole.Death note has always been critical of the masses,but it seems like Minoru saw beauty where no else did.
Kira saw them as blind plebians,L saw them as mindless sheep.
Minoru saw the ugly in them,but still decided to sacrifice himself for a better future.

One could argue he was smarter than the original Kira.Since his plan didn't even involve using the death note and it was so full proof that even Mello admitted defeat.

The oneshot also shows some of the grey area that goes into Mellows thinking.When one of the agents implied that they may have to steal it from their own government Mello just outright said that he wanted nothing to do with it.

SIDENOTE:THIS WHOLE TIME IVE BEEN CALLING NEAR MOLLO ,LOL

As for the representation of trump,I'm saying this as a former trump supporter.
It was completely fair.People seem to think that presidents are these holy beacons of light that don't feel fear,thats a bit dumb ngl.
The truth is that a hideous looking being from another world brought to him the power to annihilate everyone and essentially asked him.
"Hi.Do you wanna die?"
"No,thx.I'm good"
Thats a completely realistic depiction of how the conversation would have went.
Just because he's a president doesn't mean that his fight or flight instinct doesn't come out when he's confronted with certain death.

Overall,it was a good oneshot.
Not as thrilling as Lights struggle for power and I honestly think I see myself as a lot closer to lights way of doing things,than to Minorus but thats doesn't say so much about the oneshots politics as it does about mine.
---------------------------
Btw,sorry for making it too long and also I haven't checked for any autocorrect messups,sry if some of it comes out differently than I initially intended it to.

Last edited:
Since when Ryuk was a moralfag? I thought he didn't give a fuck and just watched people suffer. Ryuk had a nihilistic outlook and didn't give a fuck, he just wanted to be entertained by humans.

Also what is that gay ass Death Note rule?

The death note was suppose to be a thought experiment, not some fucking king author sword that only some people get to pull out of the rock.

But I'm not surprised. The author's theme of Death Note is that absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think the author is just reinforcing that theme in this one shot. I don't personally believe that absolute power corrupts absolutely in my opinion.

Last edited:
Since when Ryuk was a moralfag? I thought he didn't give a fuck and just watched people suffer. Ryuk had a nihilistic outlook and didn't give a fuck, he just wanted to be entertained by humans.

Also what is that gay ass Death Note rule?

The death note was suppose to be a thought experiment, not some fucking king author sword that only some people get to pull out of the rock.

But I'm not surprised. The author's theme of Death Note is that power corrupts absolutely. I think the author is just reinforcing that theme in this one shot. I don't personally believe that absolute power corrupts absolutely in my opinion.
Death note Author always does these type of faggot fuck soyboy endings. He will do this type of shit for his next and next series too

Death note Author always does these type of faggot fuck soyboy endings. He will do this type of shit for his next and next series too
I preferred the death note pilot chapter with the death eraser over this, kek

He was also in inuyashiki

Anime was incredibly blackpilled. Had his dad stuck around that kid wouldn’t have gone giga ER
Absolutely true. The old Boomers family didn't even care for him till the end. Just shows how only power/social status/looks is king

Not the first time this happened tbh
It's very stupid how he does it too. first ryuk says shit about not "getting involved". But helps light hide from near/L by lying to near and shit. it's so inconsistent that its not funny at this point

not bad kinda cool.

It's very stupid how he does it too. first ryuk says shit about not "getting involved". But helps light hide from near/L by lying to near and shit. it's so inconsistent that its not funny at this point
Sadly many stories suffer from this. When you first start reading manga/novel shit, you can forgive the flaws or won't notice them. But as a trucel you end up having to find coped and dump immense time in em. And the more you read, the more jaded and more refined your literature palate becomes and you keep noticing the flaws in stories. You can end up predicting how the plot will play out. Eventually the enjoyment falls and falls.
I am the point of being too jaded plotwise and it really sucks, only maybe 1/50 novels/manga is really even close to as fun that I had early on.

That's not really inconsistency, they just grew closer.

That's good to hear my man. Unfortunately my nigga @Admiral_Arkantos been gone for a while
damn, he didn't mention anything?

That's not really inconsistency, they just grew closer.
it is when he then switched to not giving a fuck about light and laughing at his face at the end, lol. He kept switching from liking him/not giving a fuck conveniently so the plot doesn't collapse/get stuck. You could see this in effect with a lot of other shit within the story

I didn't know you were a weebcuck :dafuckfeels: