Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel New purpose in life: Can we build A.I. without fucking going extinct

• Thread starter Mountainbikecel
  • Start date
Mountainbikecel

Mountainbikecel

Genetiker und Evolutionspsychologe.
★★★★
I know, some of you want all of humanity to die.
To those I say just rope already faggot.

For the rest of you, I present you a problem that is far more important than Inceldom, Climate Change, helping refugees or the survival of the White Race combined: The A.I. control problem.

Given that...

1. Intelligence is nothing but information processing (unlike consciousness which modern science still can't explain).
2. We will keep making progress in artificial intelligence.
3. We are nowhere near the physical limitations of intelligence.

...we will eventually build machines that are smarter than A.I. researchers. The machine can then teach itself, which leads to exponential intelligence growth. One day it could see us as a obstacle and kill us all.

Once though we cracked safe superintelligent A.I., it would solve climate change, the refugee crisis, every ethnicity gets their own copy of earth...
The problem is, taking muh security concerns into account, it takes much longer to build a singularity. But nobody wants to risk loosing the A.I. race when they have to be scared that they will get whooped by the winner. That's why it is super important that nations start trusting each other and we heighten international solidarity (not immigration nescessarily).

But Mountainbikecel, why should I care about all this?:soy:
Look at the sexbots normies build today. Now think of the sexbots a superintelligent A.I. could build.:feelsEhh:
With great advancements in biotechnology, they could cultivate REAL human cells in a way that she looks, feels, even tastes like a JB foid.

Last edited:
it would solve climate change, the refugee crisis, every ethnicity gets their own copy of earth
it already used to be like this without AI
Hadean

take the hadeanpill

Last edited:
i find this article on wikipedia very interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
it basically talks about how somewhere in the next 20-30 years its very likely that a general AI is going to emerge which will lead to an explosion in intelligence in AI because when it surpasses human intelligence it will be able to contiunesly improve itself until it reaches a kind of singularity in intelligence which would essentially be a godlike entity able to achieve anything. Now either this will wipe out humanity or create paradise on earth pretty much. (I'm fine with both outcomes)
When an AI of this intelligence level emerges, it will basically be able to solve every problem you could possibly throw at it. (Including inceldom i guess)
Afterall it could either just place you in a simulation or just create whatever your waifu would be irl. It would also most likely make your life last forever (if you wish).
You know basically my point is once this singularity arrives it would be basically god and you could ask it to do anything you want. Sooo if you manage to not kill yourself for the next 30 years the suffering may all have been worth it. Or not. I dont know. :feelsjuice: However this is far from being science fiction it WILL happen.
also this

There is no reason AI that's more intelligent than us wouldn't slaughter us like cattle. Literally none. And any reason you can come up, the AI is probably smart enough or developped enough to deal with it by itself.

Also we'd be a waste of space to them, considering there's so many of us. Just like we killed billions of less intelligent animals just to create space for our human circles.

There is no reason AI that's more intelligent than us wouldn't slaughter us like cattle.
if it actually IS impossible to control A.I., the only shot we have left is to define a limit on A.I. intelligence not to cross

if it actually IS impossible to control A.I., the only shot we have left is to define a limit on A.I. intelligence not to cross
No such thing, if that intelligence is TRUE intelligence that could actually help humanity develop, it will inevitably develop into consciousness and a personality. It's how we have evolved to even have those personalities.

Otherwise it'll only be chess bots or shit like that.

Someone should build an AI that takes away foids rights through mass hypnotization.

No such thing, if that intelligence is TRUE intelligence that could actually help humanity develop, it will inevitably develop into consciousness and a personality. It's how we have evolved to even have those personalities.

Otherwise it'll only be chess bots or shit like that.
kinda naive, reminds me of the :bluepill: tbhngl

if you define "intelligence" as problem solving skills, we already have A.I, those are just specific to one field.
but i dont think tesla cars have personalities

Lol @ caring aobut going extinct

That would be ideal

Even if we build "safe" AI, there will be other dangers lurking in the corner.

I've already mentioned what I call the hedonistic apocalypse, but here is an other one : artificial bodies.

"Artificial bodies" is a concept that includes what is typically coined "mind upload" but it goes beyond that as it also includes the possibility of building organic bodies (genetic engineering + artificial womb + vat incubator + brain transplant). That also would be an existential risk, as can be understood if one thinks seriously about the consequences of such technology.

In a Nutshell, technology is bringing humanity closer to a typical "be careful of what you wish for" scenario. Our aims and desires as an animal species are meant to give us a behavioral drive, but they are not meant to be satisfied effortlessly.

I like to take sugar as an example of this. It's something we like very much because it used to be both valuable and rare, so we evolved to eat as much of it as we can if we ever find some. Now, we can cheaply produce as much of it as we want, yet we still love it. As a result people need to either control their desire for it or become fat and diabetic.

Technology is going to do something similar to us : it will satisfy desires that were never meant to be satisfied.

IMHO one rare work that seems to grasps what kind of issues we'll be dealing with is Roger Williams' The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect.

Last edited:
Even if we build "safe" AI, there will be other dangers lurking in the corner.

I've already mentioned what I call the hedonistic apocalypse, but here is an other one : artificial bodies.

"Artificial bodies" is a concept that includes what is typically coined "mind upload" but it goes beyond that as it also includes the possibility of building organic bodies (genetic engineering + artificial womb + vat incubator + brain transplant). That also would be an existential risk, as can be understood if one thinks seriously about the consequences of such technology.

In a Nutshell, technology is bringing humanity closer to a typical "be careful of what you wish for" scenario. Our aims and desires as an animal species are meant to give us a behavioral drive, but they are not meant to be satisfied effortlessly.

I like to take sugar as an example of this. It's something we like very much because it used to be both valuable and rare, so we evolved to eat as much of it as we can if we ever find some. Now, we can cheaply produce as much of it as we want, yet we still love it. As a result people need to either control their desire for it or become fat and diabetic.

Technology is going to do something similar to us : it will satisfy desires that were never meant to be satisfied.
Agreed it's no good if you just overly and effortlessly spoil our reward system.
But also that's why some people go outside hiking even if they could just LDAR.

kinda naive, reminds me of the :bluepill: tbhngl

if you define "intelligence" as problem solving skills, we already have A.I, those are just specific to one field.
but i dont think tesla cars have personalities
reread my paragraphs slowly, very slowly

TRUE intelligence isnt just problem solving skills, that's just plain old intelligence. T. I. is something that would actually help develop further, create its own thinking patterns, learn and adapt by itself etc. Most "intelligent" A. I. these days haven't reached that point. These days its just fixed patterns on top of fixed patterns.

inb4 AI becomes sapient, develops a hierarchy and social structure, which devolves into hypergamy, and in 2000 years there are AIncels posting on a forum like this about how the Giga(byte)Chads are taking over.

Last edited:
inb4 AI becomes sapient, develops a hierarchy and social structure, which devolves into hypergamy, and in 2000 years there are AIncels posting on a forum like this about how the Giga(byte)Chads are taking over.
> perpetual zero activation neuron.
> tfw no output
> No outputs for your weights, biases and inputs only.
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: