Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

omw to 1000 posts

• Thread starter Deleted member 2299
  • Start date
Deleted member 2299

Deleted member 2299

Self-banned
-
wish me luck

I wonder how the hell some users on here have almost 10,000 posts already?

GunnaSecure said:

I'm half way there. I post around 300 times a day.

GunnaSecure said:

They don't. Highest is incelman at 7800.

Kointo said:

pretty-impressive.jpg

1000 posts you say?

Kointo said:

Yeah, you are probably the most active on here. I see you everywhere. I try not to post too much, i dont know if it would start to bother people.

Prince Of Dankness said:
Yeah, you are probably the most active on here. I see you everywhere. I try not to post too much, i dont know if it bothers people.

Bothers people? I wouldn't care if it did.

It's time to start resetting some of these post counts to discourage shitposters IMO. Threads like this are cancer.

blickpall said:
It's time to start resetting some of these post counts to discourage shitposters IMO. Threads like this are cancer.

I put thought into all of my posts. Why would you do that? Some people like the aesthetic of a different color on their names and stars. Why should someone be punished for not putting in as much effort as they could anyway?

What do you have against shitposters anyway?

blickpall said:

I don't shitpost, I plan on reaching 1k naturally and gradually

We could become mods together, after you reach 1k posts man.

Kointo said:
I put thought into all of my posts. Why would you do that? Some people like the aesthetic of a different color on their names and stars. Why should someone be punished for not putting in as much effort as they could anyway?

What do you have against shitposters anyway?

Putting thought into a post... I guess if you count posts like "Agreed" or other one-word answers + an anime gif as complete thoughts then yes you're right. Not to say that I don't do similar posts once in a while, but let's not kid ourselves, the ratio of quality posts vs. shitposts for some users on here are ridiculous. They drown out actual decent content, especially when a thread turns into something that might be more appropriate as a PM conversation, or back-to-back "C O P E just R O P E" posts, etc.

Why would I do that? Because if people spam just to get an aesthetic or some semblance of status, then they are shitting up the forums with low content posts for ill-gotten "rewards." If people realize that such goals are bound to get struck down, then maybe they will post more thoughtfully.

Why would someone be punished for not putting in as much effort as they could anyway? If you consider resetting someone's post count as a grave punishment, then therein already lies the problem. The team has been discussing how we can enforce higher standards of quality around here, and I've already argued against "actual" punishments for spammers and low-content posters because it's unfair to IQcels and the like. So let's not blow things out of proportion here. This is something that gets done on other forums quite regularly from what I've seen, and it has had positive effects.

What do I have against shitposters? The fact that they make endless walls of content that isn't interesting or fun to read, making reading the forum tedious, and potentially preventing me from getting to quality content. If I enter a thread, read OP and it's a shitpost, I might scroll for a few more posts and then give up if I don't see anything good. What if someone had posted something good at the end, and I miss it because I'm tired of reading my 100th one-word post of the day? I guess you could argue that it is my loss but who honestly wants to read the same meme, the same low-content drivel, over and over just for the POSSIBILITY that there is something good at the end of it? It's turning me off from combing threads for gold posts, and I am one of the most dedicated readers on this site, I reckon. Once the problem is so ubiquitous that even the most dedicated users aren't bothering to read through threads, that's how the problem circles back onto itself and starts to get exponentially worse because people don't bother to read the entire thread, respond to OP repeating something that has been already said multiple times in said thread, making the next reader even more frustrated because they realize they may be the only ones actually reading the entire discussion before posting, thereby prompting them to make their post without reading further the next time they enter a thread as well. It's a shitposting snowball, consuming quality content and posters, all because some users value a pretty name color or a specific star count or a ranking position on the poster leaderboard on a website. It's ludicrous, and is cancerous.