Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

On the safety of VPNs. Are they really safe?

• Thread starter Deleted member 31869
  • Start date
Deleted member 31869

Deleted member 31869

Just pass me the rope
-
I don't know if you guys heard about this, probably not, but I have a very interesting story on it.

In Spain, there was a very well known case of #MeToo (gang rape) recently. It was talked about in the media for like a full year bc the perpetrators were spanish, the faces of the guys who were accused were everywhere, and parts of the trial were even on TV. All while refugees and immigrants did a whole lot more rapes that the media didn't talk about. The guys couldn't leave their house at all due to the public opinion on them, they had to have even relatives and friends buy groceries for them and just be locked inside 24/7. Nobody knew who the girl was though, her identity was heavily protected by the media to avoid making the trauma worse for her, or something.

The controversy of the story, and the reason it attracted a lot of interest from 4chan-like spanish forums, is that it wasn't so clear whether she was raped. It wasn't a clear case of grabbing her and fucking her by force, but more like one of those cases that sound like regret rape, though no one could tell for sure since we didn't see what happened. The media and social pressure was so bad, however, that they were initially sentenced to "only" 10 years in jail, but due to the demonstrations and shit, it was increased to 30 years on an appeal.

One day, someone on those forums doxxxed the girl and leaked the rape video, which means shit hit the fan and the cops investigated even people who had only quoted posts with the data (meanwhile, the guys' faces were everywhere even before they were convicted, btw). The forum owner where this happened was supposed to be based, but quickly became a full colaborator with the police, who knows what they said to him. Btw, people who watched the video that was leaked, which I didn't, claim that they clearly didn't rape her, and that the girl was fat.

Anyway that was all just for context. Here's the interesting part: In the end, the cops went after two guys from the doxx. One of them, they found from his IP which the forum owner handed to them, so with it they just asked the ISP for his address. His fate was horrible, they were asking for 30 months of jail for him (idk if he was sentenced), and the media gave his name and mocked him for living with his parents at 40, and essentially claimed that he was a rapist by extension too, ruining his life whether he goes to jail or not. The other guy, according to the police, "was using a VPN from a foreign server" and therefore couldn't be pursued, that's it. Vastly different outcomes, a life ruined vs going on as normal, based on using a VPN.

Thoughts? Is this legit or maybe something they said to get people to get comfortable on VPNs? Are they legit so safe as to straight up prevent the cops from being able to do anything to you? I'd like to know what you think tbh. Specially @BlkPillPres and any other incels that may know about this stuff (pls tag them).

Also tagging @Stiltrid_trees since he mentioned being worried about being arrested. Though this method wouldn't work on .co :feelssus:

And if VPNs are to be trusted, which ones would you recommend? Tbh protonvpn.com seems legit and has a free option. As to paid I'd say blackvpn.com but again no idea ngl.

Last edited:
Most aren't. Most keep logs, comply with law enforcement and will reveal you if asked to. TOR is more reliable than most VPNs afaik.

Most aren't. Most keep logs, comply with law enforcement and will reveal you if asked to. TOR is more reliable than most VPNs afaik.
yeah but tor is fucking annoying, and their endpoints blacklisted or banned by a lot of forums

yeah but tor is fucking annoying, and their endpoints blacklisted or banned by a lot of forums
Do your research and get a reliable paid VPN then. Free ones surely aren't safe.

also most claim to keep no longs, wouldn't it ruin their reputation if someone is still found despite using that vpn?
Do your research and get a reliable paid VPN then. Free ones surely aren't safe.
:feelsbadman: there's no way to do research on this. i can't tell whether they keep logs or not, the logs would be in their own servers and inaccessible except by themselves and law enforcement. so i guess i just wont use a vpn and will refrain from posting "problematic" shit. :feelsbadman: fucking clown world man

It's probably best to take a vpn from russia. There were cases, where authorities raided the offices or forced the company to send protocols for allied countries.
Also claims of the companies of regular protocol deletion happened to be lies...

Do what you wantwith this info.

VPNs offer little security. The gov just knocks on the doorsteps of the VPN provider. If the provider is located in a country where your government has no say, then it might offer more security.
  • Tor provides more security. If you combine a VPN with Tor you gain even more security.
  • Use Tor with a bridge to access sites that block Tor. Slows down the speed tho.
  • Don't open sites via Tor that track you outside of them e.g. Google or FB.
  • Only open server addresses that use hidden services i.e. with .onion ending.
  • Don't create unnecessary context information outside Tor e.g. don't browse something related to the site you are browswing over Tor parallely on another Browser.
  • When you input text over Tor, make sure your writing style, words used, grammar is different from usual.
  • clear all browser data if you didn't outright block them, such as cookies.
Tor still isn't necessarily "secure" tho. it's prone to eavesdropping, fingerprint attacks or simply unlucky cases where all the nodes in your chain may be compromised. stuff like DNSCrypt is also neat.

There is a browser plugin for firefox called lightbeam with which you can record the websites you visit and it shows you for each website the third party cookies that the sites use to track you.

If tor is blocked then that website is more than likely a honeypot.

i acknowledge that i am dumb but i just bare ip everything. i cant fathom what crazy antics any incel actually does in their day to day life that warrants protection. i just sit at home and jerk off and eat all day.

with that said VPNs are nice for niche things. better than bare but at that point if you are worried then just don't do whatever you were trying to do in the first place. but as someone said above just use TOR. it's a lot easier to use. it's a bit slow but thats the cost for more security i guess

i acknowledge that i am dumb but i just bare ip everything. i cant fathom what crazy antics any incel actually does in their day to day life that warrants protection. i just sit at home and jerk off and eat all day.

with that said VPNs are nice for niche things. better than bare but at that point if you are worried then just don't do whatever you were trying to do in the first place. but as someone said above just use TOR. it's a lot easier to use. it's a bit slow but thats the cost for more security i guess
Freedom of expression is limited in the EU.

What about proxy chains, are they any good?

no they're not safe I think, is like putting some extra door to your room but really it is better not to trust shit

From what I know VPNs typically logs you and paid ones (maybe) don't but they are expensive

So best thing is to either not be here or keep personal info on down low and don't post illegal shit like don't be a fed poster

I use Surfshark VPN, cheap, solid and "apparently" there are no logs. If I really don't want anyone knowing who I am I use multihop VPN and Tor browser.
I heard tor was slow to use