Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Once you're past an age where you could go to university, if you don't already have a STEM degree, a shit life awaits you.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
For a few years now I've been obsessed with researching and thinking about a way around this. I'm now too old and too fucking tired of university after the years I've wasted on meme degrees to ever go back. So I thought about it relentlessly, anything I could work hard at to live eventually live a good and comfortable life.

But there's nothing you can do. Learning some skill, self-employment, entrepreneurship, starting a business, programming etc... I researched it all, spent a considerable amount of time thinking about all this. Nothing will work, it would take a gargantuan amount of effort and resources for a 0.0001% chance of maybe making it.

It sucks to be of average intellect. I won't say I'm stupid, sounds cringe, but being talentless and average and not going into STEM dooms you to a life of low-paid shit jobs. My stupid ass knew this way before I chose to do meme degrees, and yet I was still too ADD and depressed and lazy to get a STEM degree. And in this shit country of all places, I've doomed myself to making $300 a month at a full-time job for the rest of my life. But it's a consequence of my decisions so I don't deserve to complain.

I think I'm stupid tbh, which I'm probably already am. I don't know what I want to major in. What should someone major in if they don't even know what to major in?

You can learn programming to a very high proficiency and get certificates online these days.

STEM is becoming a meme fast though. The fields are extremely competitive and in the first world there are tons of 3rd world immigrants who come to stemmaxx.

Engineers here barely make more starting than janitors and high school teachers. Obviously the gap widens over time as salary growth in the STEM field is better than that of meme jobs but still.

The idea that STEM is the key to becoming rich or upper class is outdated boomer nonsense in most of the first world. Some americans can easily make 6 figures from STEM but that's more like the exception than the rule.

Every single engineer i know is currently living with their parents or moved in with friends and they split the bills

Last edited:
For a few years now I've been obsessed with researching and thinking about a way around this. I'm now too old and too fucking tired of university after the years I've wasted on meme degrees to ever go back. So I thought about it relentlessly, anything I could work hard at to live eventually live a good and comfortable life.

But there's nothing you can do. Learning some skill, self-employment, entrepreneurship, starting a business, programming etc... I researched it all, spent a considerable amount of time thinking about all this. Nothing will work, it would take a gargantuan amount of effort and resources for a 0.0001% chance of maybe making it.

It sucks to be of average intellect. I won't say I'm stupid, sounds cringe, but being talentless and average and not going into STEM dooms you to a life of low-paid shit jobs. My stupid ass knew this way before I chose to do meme degrees, and yet I was still too ADD and depressed and lazy to get a STEM degree. And in this shit country of all places, I've doomed myself to making $300 a month at a full-time job for the rest of my life. But it's a consequence of my decisions so I don't deserve to complain.
F. Incredibly brutal. Studying STEM with an average IQ is also an extremely shitty experience, basically to get decent grades you have to work for the entire day. And even when you do, naturally-gifted people succeed so easily. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one that actually finds something bothersome in class or doesn't get it.

And the self-taught skills are also almost impossible to get for an average person due to a) a lack of motivation/discipline unless you are directly forced to do it by an outside force like an exam that kicks the self-preservation instincts into overdrive and b) because the available programms either deal with basic shit that everyone already knows who watched a Youtube Tutorial or so incredibly difficult that you have to have a background in that field in order to understand it, there is no real possibility for someone to improve because everything is concipated for total beginners/geniuses with years of experience with no room in between. Unless someone is truly a genius unlike every other it's (nearly) impossible to really learn something like programming on a professional basis all by yourself. Always these autodidacts who declare that the exception is the norm.

And also most STEM-fields (like Biology/Chemistry) don't offer a good job opportunities either in our current time, only programming/engineering really has a future perspective and this isn't something that you can really learn, but only understand. For example: You can bruteforce the entire human anatomy in your brain or learn mechanism of reactions in organic chemistry by hard, but programming is something that you either know or don't know - it depends on instincts and talents. Furthermore, a biologist/chemist barely makes more than a teacher anymore who rarely actually does something. The modern labor market is (except for programmers/engineers maybe) a hell nowadays.
STEM is becoming a meme fast though. The fields are extremely competitive and in the first world there are tons of 3rd world immigrants who come to stemmaxx.

Engineers here barely make more starting than janitors and high school teachers. Obviously the gap widens over time as salary growth in the STEM field is better than that of meme jobs but still.

The idea that STEM is the key to becoming rich or upper class is outdated boomer nonsense in most of the first world. Some americans can easily make 6 figures from STEM but that's more like the exception than the rule.

Every single engineer i know is currently living with their parents or moved in with friends and they split the bills
This tbh. Western engineers have to fight/compete with literal slave laborers thanks to the beautiful world we nowadays live in with loan dumping and other shit, even the most gifted must participate in a competition of how much dignity they are willing to lose for mere scraps and they are the ones with the best future perspectives.

Last edited:
Foids are also getting priority for the top paying jobs/internships.

I think I'm stupid tbh, which I'm probably already am. I don't know what I want to major in. What should someone major in if they don't even know what to major in?
Go for a trade that seems cool to you
Or do engineering because it won't funnel you into a very specific field of expertise unless you choose to do so

Programming jobs are decent but obviously you have to be interested in coding

STEM. Do not under any circumstances go into social sciences or anything like that. Though you're going to have to work hard, but unless you go STEM life is going to be very shit after university. So go STEM.
You can learn programming to a very high proficiency and get certificates online these days.
A person of average intellect and no extraordinary talent will never make money like that. Or maybe I'm just speaking about my country, idk, maybe in the US or some western european country you can, but not here anyway.

That's very true, STEM won't guarantee you live a good life, BUT not going into STEM guarantees you are fucked. This world is way too tough man, I hate life. Not to mention that even if you do get a great job, wageslavery in general is, well, fucking slavery.

F. Incredibly brutal. Studying STEM with an average IQ is also an extremely shitty experience, basically to get decent grades you have to work for the entire day. And even when you do, naturally-gifted people succeed so easily. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one that actually finds something bothersome in class or doesn't get it.

And the self-taught skills are also almost impossible to get for an average person due to a) a lack of motivation/discipline unless you are directly forced to do it by an outside force like an exam that kicks the self-preservation instincts into overdrive and b) because the available programms either deal with basic shit that everyone already knows who watched a Youtube Tutorial or so incredibly difficult that you have to have a background in that field in order to understand it, there is no real possibility for someone to improve because everything is concipated for total beginners/geniuses with years of experience with no room in between. Unless someone is truly a genius unlike every other it's (nearly) impossible to really learn something like programming on a professional basis all by yourself. Always these autodidacts who declare that the exception is the norm.

And also most STEM-fields (like Biology/Chemistry) don't offer a good job opportunities either in our current time, only programming/engineering really has a future perspective and this isn't something that you can really learn, but only understand. For example: You can bruteforce the entire human anatomy in your brain or learn mechanism of reactions in organic chemistry by hard, but programming is something that you either know or don't know - it depends on instincts and talents. Furthermore, a biologist/chemist barely makes more than a teacher anymore who rarely actually does something. The modern labor market is (except for programmers/engineers maybe) a hell nowadays.
Just NEETmax in Germany and use the shekels to improoove your knowledge in other areas. I would have also thought you would have done a hands-on apprenticeship, since Germany is famous for that, the university system is in crisis the world over anyway.

Great points mate, it's one of the reasons I didn't go into STEM in the first place. I knew my ADD, lazy, depressed ass would never make it. Damn my lazy ass. I also remember in school in math and shit like that, doing something the wrong way and trying many times and getting it wrong in other ways, for things that people figured out right away and didn't think twice about. It's weird, almost autistic. Like, something that people actually didn't even think about, there wasn't any question in their mind "how should I do this?", they just did it. My dumb ass saw like 20 different ways of doing it and not god damn one of them was the right one.

over for poor and uneducatedcels like myself

The ability to learn by yourself is crucial though because once you start working you'll be expected to learn new shit in that industry/company or you'll have to solve problems that'll require you to google shit and understand how it works/what to do

Learning to learn by yourself is honestly one of the most important technical skills you should pick up in college

And yeah biology/chemistry are industries with very little growth not much job openings. Just because something is STEM doesn't mean it's a good field to go in. Same for biomedical engineering or agronomic engineering for instance.

That's very true, STEM won't guarantee you live a good life, BUT not going into STEM guarantees you are fucked. This world is way too tough man, I hate life. Not to mention that even if you do get a great job, wageslavery in general is, well, fucking slavery.
Nah trades make a good amount of money. Though some of them will have destroyed your body by the age of 50

Others are amazing. Had I know I'd have gone into certain trades. I'm 100% serious. I know several tradies with little experience who gigamog me money wise and unlike in stem, when their shift is done it's fucking done. In most stem jobs people will email and call you outside of working hours.

Plus tradies don't have to deal with HR or office politics and are either by themselves or among a team of men

The ability to learn by yourself is crucial though because once you start working you'll be expected to learn new shit in that industry/company or you'll have to solve problems that'll require you to google shit and understand how it works/what to do

Learning to learn by yourself is honestly one of the most important technical skills you should pick up in college

And yeah biology/chemistry are industries with very little growth not much job openings. Just because something is STEM doesn't mean it's a good field to go in. Same for biomedical engineering or agronomic engineering for instance.
I can only learn by myself tbh, I'm weird like that. If someone tries to teach me something my ADD ass will lose focus for a few seconds and then I missed what they said and then it snowballs and before you know it I don't know what the fuck is going on. And even if I ask them to clarify, I'm going to lose focus again soon and eventually I'll be lost. But I'm very good at teaching myself at least. Doesn't matter though since I have useless toilet paper degrees in useless fields that pay peanuts and where only hyper extroverts with a lot of energy succeed, the opposite of me.
Oh we are famous for those? Didn't know. Really?
Yeah I heard about it on multiple occasions, Germany's system for these kinds of jobs is quite well-known.

Last edited:
Great points mate, it's one of the reasons I didn't go into STEM in the first place. I knew my ADD, lazy, depressed ass would never make it. Damn my lazy ass. I also remember in school in math and shit like that, doing something the wrong way and trying many times and getting it wrong in other ways, for things that people figured out right away and didn't think twice about. It's weird, almost autistic. Like, something that people actually didn't even think about, there wasn't any question in their mind "how should I do this?", they just did it. My dumb ass saw like 20 different ways of doing it and not god damn one of them was the right one.
Same in many subjects. I especially fail when it comes to spatial thinking (I am also diagnosed with extreme problems with hand coordination). Yesterday for example I tried to understand head anatomy/movements, so I tried to make a model, at first I literally had to take a piece of soft candy and pierce it with pencils and rotate them to remotely understand it, this construction fell apart, then I took some paper and built an artificial head with pencils in it, also failed, then I literally took a radish and pierced it skewers and then rotated the skewers and then I remotely got it. Everyone else just had to look in the book. I learned for weeks in geometry and still nearly failed in my final exam in high school. Over for me as soon as spatial thinking/pattern recognition is involved. The only reason why I don't fail is the fact that I have a good memory.
Just NEETmax in Germany and use the shekels to improoove your knowledge in other areas. I would have also thought you would have done a hands-on apprenticeship, since Germany is famous for that, the university system is in crisis the world over anyway.
Wasn't allowed to do it by my parents. They want me to studymaxx and take the career route they want. And because I am dependent on their ressources (both material and immaterial) and thankful because they are provided to me I obey.

Yes. Is also something you learn in university, because profs don't teach you anything remotely good/viable. Am from the field biology/chemistry and know how fucked up everything is. And despite more than two thirds of people in my field being women they even have special quotas/other shit organized for them. Completely over.

Wasn't allowed to do it by my parents. They want me to studymaxx and take the career route they want. And because I am dependent on their ressources (both material and immaterial) and thankful because they are provided to me I obey.
That sounds tough but I think it's for the best tbh. For so many years my personal philosophy was all about freedom, I'm a true anarchist at heart. But I've come to realize lately that unless a person is absolutely pushed and even forced into doing something with their life, they'll just end up wasting it. And your parents are probably pushing you into the right direction. I've searched so hard, I've researched this subject a lot: is there a job/career that one can love? And for me, personally, the answer is that every single job out there sucks and there's not one god damn job out there that you can love and be passionate about. So, my point is, whatever career your parents are pushing you into, they're probably right. Doubt it's some waste of time degree, it's probably something useful like STEM or law.

I am german. Wdym?
The ones where you work as skilled manual workers, I have read that you study conventionally alongside working so you earn while you learn. This is why Germany supposedly has the best workforce in Europe.

That sounds tough but I think it's for the best tbh. For so many years my personal philosophy was all about freedom, I'm a true anarchist at heart. But I've come to realize lately that unless a person is absolutely pushed and even forced into doing something with their life, they'll just end up wasting it. And your parents are probably pushing you into the right direction. I've searched so hard, I've researched this subject a lot: is there a job/career that one can love? And for me, personally, the answer is that every single job out there sucks and there's not one god damn job out there that you can love and be passionate about. So, my point is, whatever career your parents are pushing you into, they're probably right. Doubt it's some waste of time degree, it's probably something useful like STEM or law.
Thx, man. I am from the biological/chemical/medical field myself (won't specify) and it's hard, mostly get through it by learning by hard. Hope you find some luck, you deserve it, man.

The ones where you work as skilled manual workers, I have read that you study conventionally alongside working so you earn while you learn. This is why Germany supposedly has the best workforce in Europe.
Wait this is not normal? You are talking about trades like carpenter, mechanic or electrician, right? Or do you mean duales studium (university + related work in a company).

Thx, man. I am from the biological/chemical/medical field myself (won't specify) and it's hard, mostly get through it by learning by hard. Hope you find some luck, you deserve it, man.
Thanks mate. The harder it is the better the reward by the way, so good luck. Those are good fields too, jobs aplenty. Good potential for growth. Yeah, definitely worth doing, so your struggles will be rewarded.

you should major in sociology because you deserve to listen to sluts for 4 years straight

STEM is actually easy if you take into consideration that all you need to do is get above a B average. You don't need to be an academic rockstar in STEM just to get a corporate job.

Last edited:
you should major in sociology because you deserve to listen to sluts for 4 years straight

STEM is actually easy if you take into consideration that all you need to do is get above a B average. You don't need to be an academic rockstar in STEM just to get a corporate job.
Caged. I was thinking of majoring in Finance.

Caged. I was thinking of majoring in Finance.
Finance can be good but you need to be NT and extroverted cause the competition is fierce and the skills are less obvious, a bit more subtle than STEM, where they are more objective and obvious.

Wait this is not normal? You are talking about trades like carpenter, mechanic or electrician, right? Or do you mean duales studium (university + related work in a company).
Yeah, the latter one, I have heard it is common there.

stem is cope. no stem for your face

I am going to stemcel regardless of my age.

Finance can be good but you need to be NT and extroverted cause the competition is fierce and the skills are less obvious, a bit more subtle than STEM, where they are more objective and obvious.
I saw a study that getting a job is 85% networking. That's suifuel for an Incel like me.

What major would you prefer?

Tbh parents should be prohibited by law to have kids if they don't have a stable buisness that they can pass to their son. :feelsjuice:

Foids are literally SHITTING OUT their kids in wageslave hell holes without even thinking about their future

lj50qvfwpe031.jpg

I saw a study that getting a job is 85% networking. That's suifuel for me.
stem is cope. no stem for your face
stems me :feelskek:

I saw a study that getting a job is 85% networking. That's suifuel for an Incel like me.

What major would you prefer?
It's indeed all networking and connections, 85% sounds about right.

Idk what to tell you mate, it depends on where you live, but if I was much younger and not as absolutely tired and done with university, I'd think a Computer Science/IT degree is worth it. Though I was always too ADD and lazy to ever get one.

Tbh it would take effort and it's a lifelong process of studying, and I read that there's even people who finish the degree but they feel they don't know anything and that they have to learn a lot to get to a better level, but a Computer Science degree seems worth it.

But such advice is impossible to give, you need to analyze your options carefully. There's a lot of factors that go into it, including your own personal enjoyment. The jobs available in your country etc...
I am going to stemcel regardless of my age.
Good attitude, age isn't a limiting factor at all if you're not tired of university and degrees and shit. But I am done with that whole shit, can't take 1 more god damn bullshit class with bullshit professors and bullshit waste of time material without blowing my brains out. Good for you though mate, keep learning and improve your life.

get STEM job, get whole projects tossed at you for a mediocre wage

normie friend doesn't know how to code, uses connections to get a job where he works from home writing those shitty articles about how to install antiviruses on your computer, works half days for loads of money

get STEM job, get whole projects tossed at you for a mediocre wage

normie friend doesn't know how to code, uses connections to get a job where he works from home writing those shitty articles about how to install antiviruses on your computer, works half days for loads of money
Unfortunately that is true as well. But it's only for those with connections.

It's indeed all networking and connections, 85% sounds about right.

Idk what to tell you mate, it depends on where you live, but if I was much younger and not as absolutely tired and done with university, I'd think a Computer Science/IT degree is worth it. Though I was always too ADD and lazy to ever get one.

Tbh it would take effort and it's a lifelong process of studying, and I read that there's even people who finish the degree but they feel they don't know anything and that they have to learn a lot to get to a better level, but a Computer Science degree seems worth it.

But such advice is impossible to give, you need to analyze your options carefully. There's a lot of factors that go into it, including your own personal enjoyment. The jobs available in your country etc...

Good attitude, age isn't a limiting factor at all if you're not tired of university and degrees and shit. But I am done with that whole shit, can't take 1 more god damn bullshit class with bullshit professors and bullshit waste of time material without blowing my brains out. Good for you though mate, keep learning and improve your life.
How should I get into Computer Science? Like free courses

Try investing in crypto currency, start with an experimental account and see how you do..you never know, you may have a talent for it

To have something in STEM you have to have some mathematical ability, in my case it was absolutely denied for the numbers. For my misfortune I was born with ability on the humanist side, can there be anything more absurd than an incel dedicated to humanism? even in that nature cursed me, by the way when I wanted to study in the university the computer science engineering I was a failure, I spoiled three careers leaving my parents disillusioned and it was the beginning of my pilgrimage for garbage works (call center, guard, mobile phone salesman, etc). I don't know neither that future I am going to have, to spend the time of the university without obtaining title is the life in poverty and dependency.

To have something in STEM you have to have some mathematical ability, in my case it was absolutely denied for the numbers. For my misfortune I was born with ability on the humanist side, can there be anything more absurd than an incel dedicated to humanism? even in that nature cursed me, by the way when I wanted to study in the university the computer science engineering I was a failure, I spoiled three careers leaving my parents disillusioned and it was the beginning of my pilgrimage for garbage works (call center, guard, mobile phone salesman, etc). I don't know neither that future I am going to have, to spend the time of the university without obtaining title is the life in poverty and dependency.
Unfortunately, many courses in STEM involve math, even if your'e going into a field/career that involves very little of it (e.g Software Engineering, Web Development, etc.). I'm similar to you, in the aspect that I suck math. Numbers don't interest me in my opinion, sometimes I couldn't be fucked to learn the material, but now I have to start taking math seriously so I can get a STEM degree.

Unfortunately, many courses in STEM involve math, even if your'e going into a field/career that involves very little of it (e.g Software Engineering, Web Development, etc.). I'm similar to you, in the aspect that I suck math. Numbers don't interest me in my opinion, sometimes I couldn't be fucked to learn the material, but now I have to start taking math seriously so I can get a STEM degree.
My word means nothing but I thought about this a lot, of course I thought about it after I chose easy, useless degrees, cause I'm a lazy ADD moron who never could invest energy into anything. But I think I know what I'm talking about because it pains me so much that I didn't do it. Anyway, focus on the fundamentals. Don't need to be a genius at math and remember every tiny little thing, but I suggest going so far back as the basics of Algebra and working your way up slowly. This is a great resource https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra Train the fundamentals till they're rock solid and work your way up slowly. @ULTRAMAN too (I fucked my life up too in uni if it makes you feel better. But if you live in a good, developed country I think you can still save yourself).

Can't escape the blackpill anywhere in mixed gender company.
over for poor and uneducatedcels like myself
kek.
Going to uni when you are older than most people there must be brutal.

Last edited:
My word means nothing but I thought about this a lot, of course I thought about it after I chose easy, useless degrees, cause I'm a lazy ADD moron who never could invest energy into anything. But I think I know what I'm talking about because it pains me so much that I didn't do it. Anyway, focus on the fundamentals. Don't need to be a genius at math and remember every tiny little thing, but I suggest going so far back as the basics of Algebra and working your way up slowly. This is a great resource https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra Train the fundamentals till they're rock solid and work your way up slowly. @ULTRAMAN too (I fucked my life up too in uni if it makes you feel better. But if you live in a good, developed country I think you can still save yourself).
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

As someone in STEM who has only just realised I do not want to be an engineer, just thought I'd echo a few posts made on this sub and give my 2cents.

Yes and no.
Just like not everyone can do engineering, not everyone can learn programming to a very high efficiency. The next hurdle to overcome with learning programming is the need for project experience. Unless you're able to assemble a team, you'll be doing every project/game/app by yourself.

I agree with this if you're in Europe.
The market is completely shit for engineers. There's a demand for engineers (who have a shit tonne of experience btw) for a mediocre pay.
When comparing the pay of engineers in the UK to that of engineers in the states, it's laughable how undervalued we are. However, we do receive 4+ weeks in holidays...
You are correct that the idea that STEM is the key to financial security is an outdated myth.
I know many engineering graduates who are currently just at home/doing side jobs DESPITE doing quite well-ish at Uni.
And the self-taught skills are also almost impossible to get for an average person due to a) a lack of motivation/discipline unless you are directly forced to do it by an outside force like an exam that kicks the self-preservation instincts into overdrive and b) because the available programms either deal with basic shit that everyone already knows who watched a Youtube Tutorial or so incredibly difficult that you have to have a background in that field in order to understand it, there is no real possibility for someone to improve because everything is concipated for total beginners/geniuses with years of experience with no room in between. Unless someone is truly a genius unlike every other it's (nearly) impossible to really learn something like programming on a professional basis all by yourself. Always these autodidacts who declare that the exception is the nonorm.
Agreed.
You need a very good motivating factor to learn programming to a professional level.
Personally, that'll be my distaste towards engineering.
nd also most STEM-fields (like Biology/Chemistry) don't offer a good job opportunities either in our current time, only programming/engineering really has a future perspective and this isn't something that you can really learn, but only understand.
I agree with the Biology/Chemistry side of your argument, not the programming/engineering (well not entirely).
Programming/Engineering has good future perspective if you have extensive RARE experience that the average graduate won't have.
This was the nail in the coffin for me.
I'm witnessing foids immediately after graduating have no issues getting Jobs and I can bet absolutely ANYTHING that if you were to compare my CV when I graduate to a foids' CV at graduation: even the hole isn't pretentious enough to think she's a better job candidate than I am (assuming we both perform similarly in the interview).

DESPITE this foids in STEM are like soygasms for companies. If you are a FOID and are struggling to get into a STEm field you're a failure. The entire world is literally ramming "more wOmEn iN sTeM" down my throat.