Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

POLL: Have You Ever SERIOUSLY Attempted Suicide?

How Did You Attempt Suicide?

• Gun

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Rope/belt

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Razor, knife, sharp instrument

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Pills

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Asphyxiation (gas, bag, carbon monoxide, etc.)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Jumping

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Vainglorious

Vainglorious

Recruit
★★★★★
A serious attempt is one in which you took substantial steps toward completing the act. You survived because the gun misfired or the rope broke or someone found you or you got committed to a psych ward or you were interrupted or you tried to undo it. Thinking about it, obsessing about it, forever going on and on and on about it is NOT a serious attempt.

If you have, how did you do it and how old were you?

When I was 17 and the day after I graduated high school, I decided to man up and do what I'd been thinking about since puberty. I knew my life was meaningless, and I would always be alone. So, I swallowed a bottle of Xanax (my mother's) and waited to die. I changed my mind after a while and tried to throw up the pills. I remember putting my hands in the toilet with vomit in it trying to count how many pills came up but most were dissolved. I passed out and woke up in the hospital with my stomach having been pumped because the parental units found me.

People here talk about roping ad nauseum, telling someone to do it or threatening to do it but never actually following through. They'll post a thread "I'm ending it all!" And then an hour later are posting about anime. Suicide is a deeply personal thing, and it is our right as humans to kill ourselves if we want to, but if you need help, please get it. If you just want attention and to cry wolf, fuck off.

I once took 25 or so sleeping pills all at once, and then woke up after a straight day of sleeping. No side-effects and nothing happened after.

tried to hang myself with a belt too but couldn't lmao.

Never attempted it, too bad, I wanted to vote. I like polls. :feelsbadman:

No never attempted anything serious, but I did cut myself once with a pocket knife once, but of course that doesn't count as anything.

Last edited:
So, I swallowed a bottle of Xanax .

30 seconds of research would have shown you that Benzos can't be overdosed on (outside of injesting literally tons worth of them). There is no such thing as a "suicide attempt" you either stick a gun to your head and pull the trigger, rope with your hands cuffed, lie in front of a train, or jump off a 15 story building. Anything else is just attention whore crap.

a failed attempt at rope when i was 13, that was probably when my suicide thoughts were at their highest.

i pussied out when i started feeling drowsy / losing conscious.

30 seconds of research would have shown you that Benzos can't be overdosed on (outside of injesting literally tons worth of them). There is no such thing as a "suicide attempt" you either stick a gun to your head and pull the trigger, rope with your hands cuffed, lie in front of a train, or jump off a 15 story building. Anything else is just attention whore crap.
AVI checks out.

Hung my self, shit snapped and I fell about 15ft which knocked me out immediately

Overdosing is why female suicide statistics are so skewed, even if you take a shit load of painkillers and say it was a suicide attempt it is recorded as a suicide attempt. They do it for attention

30 seconds of research would have shown you that Benzos can't be overdosed on (outside of injesting literally tons worth of them).

I didn't think to google it, but thanks for the info.

I didn't think to google it, but thanks for the info.

No problem. I've actually got several bottles worth of Klonopin in my apartment for recreation, as well as opiod painkillers (which combined would actually likely be fatal), but I would still never attempt to die in such a way. Its just too unreliable even with a well planned dose.

Overdosing is why female suicide statistics are so skewed, even if you take a shit load of painkillers and say it was a suicide attempt it is recorded as a suicide attempt. They do it for attention

Most roasties don't even try potentially fatal stuff like opiods, they just take a few blister sheets of SSRI's or Anti-psychotics (both completely non lethal) and vomit for 3 days straight in hospital while surrounded by a literal army of family and friends. They then get bragging rights for the next 10 years about their "attempt".

Took five dozen extra strength Tylenol, tried overdosing by drinking two gallons of water and then jumped 150 feet off a bridge. I didn't even pass out and swam to shore, even my liver works perfectly after going almost 36 hours without the antidote.

Is this a sign from God?

Made preparations (buying poison, gun) but never actually had the guts to do it... Survival instinct and hope kicked in everytime.

Never attempted it, too bad, I wanted to vote. I like polls. :feelsbadman:
kek

Most roasties don't even try potentially fatal stuff like opiods, they just take a few blister sheets of SSRI's or Anti-psychotics (both completely non lethal) and vomit for 3 days straight in hospital while surrounded by a literal army of family and friends. They then get bragging rights for the next 10 years about their "attempt".

Yep, for them is like a free vacation thanks to feminist society and state. They dont expect to die.

For us, like OP said, is usually something serious that we dont expect to fucking survive...

I never tried. I bought some of the things i need to kms once or twice, but never even set it up. Im a coward.

no

Yes. All the time. But it's so natural for me.

All true! I really wish I hadn't sold my Sig Sauer years ago.if I'd had it in 2016 I would have used it. really,really bad year

I climbed up a cell tower about 100 feet or so but pussied out. My dad found me and I got sent to a psych ward for a week.

If I get access to charcoal I might attempt again.

Only women “attempt suicide”. Men do it.

the furthest i ever went was when i choked myself out a few years ago.

i didnt pass out or anything i just sat their and choked myself lmao

I tried several times but was too coward to take real steps that'd have counted. I tried to hang myself but soon ran out of breath and felt terrible so left it in the middle. I once closed myself in a vaccum chamber but nothing happened . At last I fell on a sharp object which resulted in bleeding from my wrist and I thought like this is it. I decided to not tell anyone anything but bleeding stopped after few minutes and this plan failed too. People committing suicide are real brave hearts, they endure so much pain when going through a suicide that an ordinary thinker can never understand.

the furthest i ever went was when i choked myself out a few years ago.

i didnt pass out or anything i just sat their and choked myself lmao
This is the dumbest shit I've seen here, coping attention whore.

Don't give cucktears what they want.

Lol

might have done it if the buildings weren't gated off
I climbed up a cell tower about 100 feet or so but pussied out. My dad found me and I got sent to a psych ward for a week.

If I get access to charcoal I might attempt again.
that's badass bro. I always wanted to climb one of those

Tried to slit my wrists when I was 18, ended up with blood everywhere because I didn't know what I was doing. Ended up saying I fell off my bike and landed on tarmac and brambles by the side of the road.

might have done it if the buildings weren't gated off

that's badass bro. I always wanted to climb one of those

Legit a fun cope and kind of safe too, if you don't try to jump ofc(that's the only one I've climbed though). I'd probably try to climb more if I was able to.

"Tried" (though I agree that's not quite the right word) twice but didn't have the guts to close the deal. First time I climbed a roof and had just decided that I wouldn't do it when some cops showed up and I ended up in the psych ward. Second time I figured that it would be easier to lay in front of a train (not my first choice because of trauma to the train driver), so I hid in some bushes by the railway. Only, every time I heard a train approaching I didn't feel quite prepared/feared I'd botch it, so I thought I may as well wait for the next one. Three hours later what resolve I had was gone and I realized that I'd probably never "rope" and would have to resort to coping. Prior to trying I really thought it wouldn't be that a big deal for me, but I guess that's just another emasculating experience. I wonder though, why are you tough talkers here still alive? We all know you'd be better off dead if only you were braver than I am.